Beauty and the Beast

rbrower

Original Poster
I have always thought that if for some reason the HM ever became really unpopular, they should close it down. Then they could put in a Beauty and the Beast dark ride!
They would probably have to take out most of the showrooms and redo the outside but I would want for this ride to go here for one silly reason: I would want for them to use the ballroom where they are having the deathday party for when belle and the beast dance. I have always thought that would be cool!:lol:
But for now, I don't think the Haunted Mansion is going anywhere!

rbrower

Original Poster
I have come up with some ideas with how the ride could go but instead of having it replace the HM, I am going to find a new location.
It would take place in the castle from Beauty and the Beast but the entrance and exit would have to be on different sides (I will tell you why later.

The entrance would by on one side the would look creepy

rbrower

Original Poster
sorry, I'm back now.
OK so as I was saying the side with the entrance would look kind of creepy. That whole side of the castle would have a greyish glow to it. It would resemble the castle at the beginning of the movie. Most of the que would have to be outside because the ride would start right when you got inside.

rbrower

Original Poster
When you finally get close to the entrance of the castle there would be an animatronic of the fortune teller (or whatever she is that casts the spell on the beast) telling you something similar to what she says in the movie.

Then you would enter into the castle to find that you were in the loading area. While you were in there, you would see posters in the walls that would say stuff like "He would Love for you to be his guest" with a picture of lumierre in it as if he had a concert (kindof like the cheesy posters inside of phillarmagic). Then, you would get into the cars which would look like the little dog which has been turned into a foot rest. Once your car was ready, you would start on your journey through the castle. Please give me your feedback if you read this!

rbrower

Original Poster
I'd like to start out by saying that if anybody has any pictures of the little dog/footrest that I am talking about (being the car), please post it!

Ok, so you would go out of the first room and find yourself at the frontdoor of the castle when the fortune teller (or witch, whatever she is) is coming by (when she turns him into a beast). You would see her knock on the door and then you would see him open the door. she would say a shortened version of what she says in the movie and then he would say no. Then there would be a flash of light and she would turn into the beautiful person she is(kindof like how the witch turns into the hag on the snow white ride). You would hear her say her line about him turning into a beast and then you would enter the next room.
There, you would find Belle's father riding through the forest. There would be lightning in the background and then, out of nowhere, the pack of wolves would come out and start attacking the dad and his horse. Again, I ask you to please leave comments and ideas about how I could improve it.

Tim G

You're talking to yourself... :lookaroun

You must be in serious trouble... what bothering you???

I will listen...

I've got big ears...

rbrower

Original Poster
Since nobody is replying, i will keep in writing.
The last thing that you saw was the dad and his horse getting attacked. Let me take the time right now to describe the surroundings. You would be in the middle of a scary forest. The walls would be black and the ceiling would have clouds painted on but in gray so that you can barely see them. In one corner, you would be able to see the moon shining bright. As something little that only a few people would notice, the would be four people flying in front of the moon. This would symbolize peter, wendy, john, and michael from peter pan. Also, there would be fiberoptic stars on the cieling and behind the moon that would form into hidden mickeys.
Back to the story of the ride, you would turn away from Belle's dad and then you would hear him yell the name of his horse and tell him to go get Belle. Then, you would leave the room when you would hear Belle's dad's faint voice screaming no, leave me alone! (You would assume that the beast was getting him or that he wanted the dogs to leave him alone.)I will come back in a little bit to write more. Bye:wave:

rbrower

Original Poster
Corrus said:
You're talking to yourself... :lookaroun

You must be in serious trouble... what bothering you???

I will listen...

I've got big ears...
What are you talking about?
I am not talking to myself:confused: :confused: :confused:

rbrower

Original Poster
Getting back to the ride, you would enter another room but it would have the same setting. Except this time, you would see Belle riding up and then she would say something like "Where is My Father?" Then you would see her turn around on her horse and she would start riding off. You would then turn a sharp curve that wouldn't allow you to see what is happening in the show scene behind you.
At that point, you would enter the gates to the castle. Beside your car, you would see Belle walking with her horse up to the front door. She would then turn to her horse and tell him to stay there and not to go anywhere. While she has stopped, you will keep on going to the front door. When you finally reach it, you will notice that on the two doors there are murals of an old hag that turned into a beautiful witch and one of a rose.

rbrower

Original Poster
Sorry, I don't think that I will be able to write anymore for about a week. Maybe I will be able to. If not, ttfn, ta-ta-for-now:wave:

rbrower

Original Poster
Sorry it took a long time but I am back now. Ok, so when you finally make it to the "castle" in the ride, the doors will swing open right when you get there. You will start down the main hall . A mural would be hanging at the end of the hall to make it seem like it was a lot longer that it actually would be. When you almost make it to the end of the room, you would hear several voices whispering things like "they're here!". Then you would make a sharp turn to the left and enter into the Beast's dungeon where he is is holding Belle's dad. The whole room would look really gritty. On you left side, you would see Belle's father inside of a prison. He would be laying on the ground with his arms through the gate saying things like "Leave Belle!" or "Don't do it!". The Beast would be standing beside of him (outside of the cell) but he would be fully cloaked so that you wouldn't be able to see that he was a beast. On the right side of your car you would see Belle. She would be holding her hands out towards her father and would be saying things like "Father, I can't leave you here!". Then you would make a sharp turn to the right and enter a corridor (that is still part of the dungeon) that would have several hallways leading out into other rooms. You would hear a small voice whispering "What is happening?" and then you would see several of the characters (like Lummierre, Mrs. Potts, and Chip) lean out of one of the doorways. Then, they would duck back into the one they were in and you would keep on going straight into the next room. Again, please tell me what you think. And also, thank you for replying (to those of you who did!)

rbrower

Original Poster
Sorry, I will not be able to post anymore of my ideas for the ride because I am leaving out for WDW tomorrow and I will not get back for a while. Still, please leave and suggestions or comments (not complaints though) about my ideas!!!! Have a nice Week!

rbrower

Original Poster
Thank you to everybody for their comments (by the way, I might start working on some concept art sometime soon but I haven't yet). Ok, getting back to the ride, the next room that you would enter would be pitch black when you enter it. It would stay dark until about four cars enter the room. Every car would be pulled up to a table in the center of the room (there would be two cars on each side of the table). When every car was in its place, Your would see a single flame light up and you would hear Lumierre start his little speal from the beginning of Be Our Guest. Then, a light on top of the table would turn on and you would see Lumierre standing their. Then he would start singing Be Our Guest. As he is singing, the whole room would start to light up. You would see Belle sitting at one end of the table. Then, each car would start to slowly revolve around the table. I will come back and describe the room in a little bit but for now, TTFN, ta ta for now!!

rbrower

Original Poster
Now, I am going to tell you some details about the room for the Be our guest section. Around the top of the wall, It would be aligned with plates that would have a spiral design on them. Then, when you car starts to move around the table, the plates would start to spin. I have got to go now, I will tell you more details later!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom