Beauty and the Beast

rbrower

Original Poster
Emerald Rose said:
Wow! Anything that involves Beauty and the Beast is GREAT with me!
Great idea rbrower and fantastic art Dr. Seeker!

Thank you very much! I am going to try to get back started writing what would happen in the ride soon. Thanks again!

rbrower

Original Poster
ok, back to the ride now. as you would leave the room that would look like the west wing, you would enter rooms that would put you in the middle of the scenes. But first, it would start playing "There must be something there that wasn't there before" Then, there would be a scene on you left that would be when they are eating and the beast slurps the soup (or whatever it is). Then, when you would enter the next room, you would come up on a scene (on your right side) that would be of them outside in the the snow. There would appear to be snow on the ground And then you would go over what would look like a frozen lake. Your car would start to slide back and forth like it was sliding on the ice. This whole time, fake snow (like what comes down at the Christmas Spectacular) would be falling down. Also, you would see the Beast and Belle interacting on one side of you and the smaller characters (like Mrs. Potts) on the other side watching them. Please tell me you thoughts.

Dr.Seeker

I like this, particularly the skidding on the ice. That could be achieved in the track design, using the same technique as in the Snow White attraction (when she's running through the scary forest).

rbrower

Original Poster
Dr.Seeker said:
I like this, particularly the skidding on the ice. That could be achieved in the track design, using the same technique as in the Snow White attraction (when she's running through the scary forest).

Thanks again! Ok, I just thought of a little tiny detail of the next room that I would want to have. All that would be in the next room would be Chip and Mrs. Potts and Chip would say the little "What's there mama?"line. Sorry but I will be back later. Please leave comments.

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, back to the ride now. The next scene would be the ballroom scene where they dance for the first time. The music would start playing and you would enter the room. to your right you would see the little characters like Mrs. Potts, etc. Then, you would see the Beast and belle dancing on your left side. They would be turning and gliding around the floor. Your car would start to sway back and forth like it was starting to dance. When your car finally would go past Belle and the Beast, your car would turn and slow, full turn while it would keep moving towards the next room. That is where I am going to stop for right now. Please leave comments, questions, etc. I would really like it if somebody would, and I would really like it if more that one person would give me feedback. Thanks again for everything, THANKS!

-rbrower

rbrower

Original Poster
Oh, by the way, I was thinking about using the same technology for the cars as the Pooh ride that is in Tokyo (i think). The one where there is no track so the cars can move around each other. Please correct me if I am wrong about the park that they use that technology at. Thanks again for everything!

Alright, you asked for it....here comes my suggestions.

1. I LOVE the footstool car thing

2. For the entrance line, you could
(a) set it in the village where Belle lived and along the walls of the village the posters of the castle could be displayed.
(b) the entrance line is under some cover (like Snow White, Peter Pan, and so on) and could have replicas of the stain glass from the movie along the walls
(c) make it appear as if you are traveling through a forest that first starts out normal (i.e. before beast transformation) and continuially make it darker and spookier as you approach the castle (after beast becomes beast) {achieved by making the entrance brighter with fewer walls and as you go along walls come up making it appear darker}

3. Query: with the whole Be our Guest scene, will there be multiple tracks? because i love the room setup but i'm a little confused on how four cars could be in on the same time wihtout causing 'traffic' elsewhere in the ride

4. Okay, now when belle goes into the West Wing scene....you go to BatB from being grumpy at each other to having 'something there' that wasn't there before...either
(a) add the scene where they are back in the castle after Beast saved Belle from the wolves or
(b) when Belle says "I wonder what's there?" show the riders that Beast is up in the West Wing with his rose (with a petal falling) and magic mirror saying "who could ever learn to love me" or something like that

Hopes this helps, and i'll pop back now and then:drevil:

rbrower

Original Poster
Alright, you asked for it....here comes my suggestions.

1. I LOVE the footstool car thing

2. For the entrance line, you could
(a) set it in the village where Belle lived and along the walls of the village the posters of the castle could be displayed.
(b) the entrance line is under some cover (like Snow White, Peter Pan, and so on) and could have replicas of the stain glass from the movie along the walls
(c) make it appear as if you are traveling through a forest that first starts out normal (i.e. before beast transformation) and continuially make it darker and spookier as you approach the castle (after beast becomes beast) {achieved by making the entrance brighter with fewer walls and as you go along walls come up making it appear darker}

3. Query: with the whole Be our Guest scene, will there be multiple tracks? because i love the room setup but i'm a little confused on how four cars could be in on the same time wihtout causing 'traffic' elsewhere in the ride

4. Okay, now when belle goes into the West Wing scene....you go to BatB from being grumpy at each other to having 'something there' that wasn't there before...either
(a) add the scene where they are back in the castle after Beast saved Belle from the wolves or
(b) when Belle says "I wonder what's there?" show the riders that Beast is up in the West Wing with his rose (with a petal falling) and magic mirror saying "who could ever learn to love me" or something like that

Hopes this helps, and i'll pop back now and then:drevil:

Thanks for all the feedback. sorry but I never really explained the que line. It would be kind of like the Haunted Mansion because it would have a covered path up to the castle. Also, It would be like the spooky forest thing that you said.
For your question about the track. It would be fixed so that the next car wouldn't be able to load the station until there would be enough room for it. Sorry if I confused you. And by the way, I think that I accidently made that section seem like it was going to be longer than it really would be. That section would only use a very small selection of the song. Sorry for the confusion.
Again, thanks for the feedback. Now that you wrote about the grumpy to loving thing, I see what you mean. I will go back and try to add that scene in later.
Thanks again!

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, so going back to the ride, i need to add in a scene before the "something there that wasn't there before" section. But instead of the whole wolf scene, I thought of something else. After you leave the west wing scene. You would enter a small room that would look like a hall. On one side of the car Belle would be standing there and on the other side, the beast would be standing. sorry but i have to go for right now. I will right some later.

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, i am just going to finish out this room real quick. Ok, so the beast would say "Well you shouldn't have been in the west wing" and then Belle would say "Well you should learn to control yourself!" Then the Beast would say "I, I'm sorry" and then Belle would say "Apology axcepted (spelling? Sorry i dont feel like looking it up)" Then the music would start for the next scene and you would enter that room. Again, please any comments. Thank you!

rbrower

Original Poster
Will somebody PLEASE give me some feedback. I would like to know some opinions on it and nobody has replied in a while. Thanks to everybody that has. Thank you!

Ok, i am just going to finish out this room real quick. Ok, so the beast would say "Well you shouldn't have been in the west wing" and then Belle would say "Well you should learn to control yourself!" Then the Beast would say "I, I'm sorry" and then Belle would say "Apology axcepted (spelling? Sorry i dont feel like looking it up)" Then the music would start for the next scene and you would enter that room. Again, please any comments. Thank you!

I like your idea, but make sure beast looks down and sounds a sincere when he apoligizes and Belle tentatively accept the apology with a smile.

or option B (which is pretty similar to your idea only w/ more tweaking):
As you enter a study, you hear wolves howling.
You see Beast sitting in his chair w/ scratches and Belle trying to clean them
Belle: "Hold still!" (she tries to clean wound)
Beast: "this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't gone in the west wing!" (pulls back arm and points to wound)
Belle: "Well, you should learn to control your temper!" (arms crossed)
Beast: *chastised* "I'm...(pause)...I'm sorry." (offers Belle his arm)
Belle: *taken back, then smiles* "Thank you...for saving my life." (or "Apology accepted") (she takes his arms and begins to clean it)
Beast: *softly, and with a smile* "you're welcome"
Then the music would start for the next scene and you would enter that room

rbrower

Original Poster
::side note:: maybe throughout the ride you could show the rose and how many/few petals remain....it could be like a "hidden mickey" concept
Thanks for the idea (and the comments in the post above that one). Yeah, i will go back in after i am finished and add in where to put the rose. Thanks again!

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, back to after the ballroom scene. You would leave the ballroom. and enter the library. When you would first go into the room, belle and the beast would be standing right beside your car to the right. Then he would say something like "Here, i want you to have this!" Then Belle would say "Really? Thank you so much!" I will come back with more details on the room and keep on going with the ride soon. Please post your comments so i can know how i am doing. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Thank you to everybody that has. TTFN, ta ta for now!

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, I decided that I would use the sign for the attraction (by Dr. Seeker, thanks again!) right at the ride. But I found this picture and edited it a little bit. This would be the promotion picture and it could be like a billboard (if you added some information to it).

Attachments

• beanthbe.jpg
    beanthbe.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 40

rbrower

Original Poster
Ok, I found another picture that I could use:
It would have the picture and then underneath it, it would say something like "Be Our Guest at our brand new attraction Belle's Magical Journey at ____ park"

Attachments

• bog.jpg
    bog.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 43

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom