News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

kwoodfan1

Whelp, it’s an opinion. There are also people who think Marvel movies are real cinema. ;)

This is a great comparison. A few people are going to think Parasite is far superior film than Endgame and will view those who loved Endgame as uncultured swine. The only problem is there just isn't a lot of them as most of us thought Endgame was the **** and can't stand subtitles. We fill theaters.

I've seen IdF once in my last 30 or so visits to WDW. It's fine, just not Endgame fine.

Rich Brownn

Apparently IdF holds a Guinness World Record for ‘Longest running daily screening of a film in the same theatre’, owing to the fact that it has been running unedited since 1982. So there’s that.

I ran across this looking for the shooting format of the film... my gut instinct is that it’s 35mm but I wasn’t sure. Obviously other EPCOT projects were done in 70mm around the same time (AA for certain... I think some Energy stuff as well?), but I can’t find a lot of info to confirm.
The CircleVision films are 35mm (or were at any rate). The Energy films were 35mm and 70mm (35 in the 1st theater, 70 in the second). The 3D film in Imagination was dual 70mm. "Symbiosis" was 70mm (Super Panavision, to be exact). And of course, Horizons was dual 70mm IMAX films. :)

Rich Brownn

again, seeing the real historical thing is different from seeing a film on the historical thing.
Well, since its in a pavillion and not the country its the closest you'll get at the park. Besides, the films were supposed to inspire you to visit the actual country, not act as a replacement. (Its why some of the pavilions had desks from the department of tourism in them originally)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Again,

IdF encouraged me to study French and visit France. Seeing something in a film isn't exactly the same as seeing it with your own eyes, obviously. But after many trips to France, I can't say that the film is inaccurate in capturing the general feeling of being there yourself. One of the scenes that captures this most brilliantly is where people are riding the train, and the trains pulling into Gare Du Nord. I vividly remember the first time I rode the TGV from Basel to Paris, and having the same exact same feeling the film imparts.

Not sure why this is a difficult concept for you to grasp. While "La Belle et La Béte" may be a French story, what parts of French culture will this sing-a-long impart on visitors to the pavilion? Will it inspire anyone to visit the real France, or study the language, or get to know any French people? Doubtful.

I wouldn't have an issue if the shows were running in a true alternating fashion, but this is not the case. Something sublime, low-key, and beautiful is largely being cast aside for something that is going to mainly appeal to female children ages 8 and younger.

Whoa,. whoa, you're totally in the wrong here. The only thing that this is supposed to inspire is to inspire guests into a gift shop to buy merchandise. Didn't you get the memo from Chapek? Merch, synergy, et al. All that cultural nonsense is for those old, jaded people. ;)

DHoy

Not gonna lie IdF has a very niche audience. Those who appreciate the romantic period of music and the beautiful vistas. I for one adore the show ans asked if they had a full list of all the musical pieces... which they indeed do keep on hand or at least at the time. Its definitely not for everyone, but no attraction ever is. I think the failure of the schedule is that its being featured exactly when the target audience is at dinner. I think an 11:30 & Noon show would all the targetted audience to experience the attraction while beginning their journey around world showcase

Epcot82Guy

Not gonna lie IdF has a very niche audience. Those who appreciate the romantic period of music and the beautiful vistas. I for one adore the show ans asked if they had a full list of all the musical pieces... which they indeed do keep on hand or at least at the time. Its definitely not for everyone, but no attraction ever is. I think the failure of the schedule is that its being featured exactly when the target audience is at dinner. I think an 11:30 & Noon show would all the targetted audience to experience the attraction while beginning their journey around world showcase

Or maybe... alternating... So, if someone misunderstood and came for one show - they would simply have to browse the shops or kill time before the next showing in 20-30 minutes. It seems that would be an easy way to satisfy everyone...

Figments Friend

( sees T.F. )

I should have known HE was connected with this farce.
It all makes sense now.

( rant mode on from old wounds )

Why is this guy still in a position at WDI to screw things up so badly....?
Hasn't HE been 'retired' yet...?
Why does his damning influence linger when too many truly good creatives with vision have been 'let go'..?
He is notorious for consistently downgrading pre-existing Attractions.
Screens, screens, and more screens.

Get him the *#%*#* outta Epcot.
He has done far too much damage already over the last decade.
Fall hard, and soon.

( no apologies, sorry )

:mad:

-

trainplane3

( sees T.F. )

I should have known HE was connected with this farce.
It all makes sense now.

( rant mode on from old wounds )

Why is this guy still in a position at WDI to screw things up so badly....?
Hasn't HE been 'retired' yet...?
Why does his damning influence linger when too many truly good creatives with vision have been 'let go'..?
He is notorious for consistently downgrading pre-existing Attractions.
Screens, screens, and more screens.

Get him the *#%*#* outta Epcot.
He has done far too much damage already over the last decade.
Fall hard, and soon.

( no apologies, sorry )

:mad:

-
But he's sub boy. THE sub boy. From Horizons!
ToTaLlY wIlD guess, he's just doing whatever he gets told to have a paycheck. 😐

Tony on the other hand left instead of being pushed around. Well maybe not left, more nudged towards the exit because he didn't agree with things and didn't want his name tied to projects he didn't like...? And it didn't help he had open opinions about certain attractions.

At least Joe still has pull and can make great things happen.

Figments Friend

But he's sub boy. THE sub boy. From Horizons!
ToTaLlY wIlD guess, he's just doing whatever he gets told to have a paycheck. 😐

Tony on the other hand left instead of being pushed around. Well maybe not left, more nudged towards the exit because he didn't agree with things and didn't want his name tied to projects he didn't like...? And it didn't help he had open opinions about certain attractions.

At least Joe still has pull and can make great things happen.

Yes, he is 'sub-boy' alright.....

Sub-standard boy.

-

DHoy

That's more ideal ... but i was trying to fit into their plam
Or maybe... alternating... So, if someone misunderstood and came for one show - they would simply have to browse the shops or kill time before the next showing in 20-30 minutes. It seems that would be an easy way to satisfy everyone...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, since its in a pavillion and not the country its the closest you'll get at the park. Besides, the films were supposed to inspire you to visit the actual country, not act as a replacement. (Its why some of the pavilions had desks from the department of tourism in them originally)
Hence why it's boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom