News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

ptaylor

Premium Member
Saw the new Sing-Along - few quick impressions.

No live actors, uses only a fraction of the IDF screen, cringeworthy sing-along elements - overall something that I would expect to see on a DVD bonus feature, not as a theme park attraction.

I was not a fan of the Frozen sing-along, but that is significantly better than Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.

I expect most people will see this once, and not return.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
DSC04050-1.jpg

And yes, that display is now powered on but barely visible in the sun, especially off-axis.

DSC04051-2.jpg

brb1006

Saw the new Sing-Along - few quick impressions.

No live actors, uses only a fraction of the IDF screen, cringeworthy sing-along elements - overall something that I would expect to see on a DVD bonus feature, not as a theme park attraction.

I was not a fan of the Frozen sing-along, but that is significantly better than Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.

I expect most people will see this once, and not return.
How was the new animated elements?

RoysCabin

Haven't been online here in a little while and...yeah, kind of sad to come back to this.

I'm not going to sit here and 100% play the "back in my day" game; I know full well my parents took my brother and I to the parks in the late 80s and early 90s likely rolling their eyes a bit (with good humor, of course) at us wanting to watch the Disney Afternoon show at Mickey's Starland or meet the Ninja Turtles at MGM, so it's not like "this is just for little kids!" has only been a thing at Disney theme parks since the Chapek/Iger era.

But man, at least there was variety beyond that then. You've got four whole parks, yet you're homogenizing them to a large degree; it's the opposite of what made WDW so jaw dropping to me as a child, even acknowledging I was one of those weird EPCOT kids who liked both the thrill rides and the slow Future World omnimovers.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Haven't been online here in a little while and...yeah, kind of sad to come back to this.

I'm not going to sit here and 100% play the "back in my day" game; I know full well my parents took my brother and I to the parks in the late 80s and early 90s likely rolling their eyes a bit (with good humor, of course) at us wanting to watch the Disney Afternoon show at Mickey's Starland or meet the Ninja Turtles at MGM, so it's not like "this is just for little kids!" has only been a thing at Disney theme parks since the Chapek/Iger era.

But man, at least there was variety beyond that then. You've got four whole parks, yet you're homogenizing them to a large degree; it's the opposite of what made WDW so jaw dropping to me as a child, even acknowledging I was one of those weird EPCOT kids who liked both the thrill rides and the slow Future World omnimovers.

Exactly. Each park used to have a distinct theme, with attractions that were reverent. Now they're just trying to cram the same 10 or so movie properties into every single damn corner, regardless of whether it fits. It's depressing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom