News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Aries1975

It is a lot of Belle, because Disney knows how to capitalize on nostalgia. A girl who was 6-10 when the movie came out (late 1991) is 34-38 today. Most likely they have 6-10 year old daughters of their own. And for this key demographic, moms with little girls, there is nothing "more Disney" and "more timeless" than Beauty and the Beast, literally, the "tale as old as time."

And unlike previous generations, the VCR allowed the movie to be played over and over and over. It was not a one day experience to view the movie in the theater for these women. It was six months, maybe even two years of their childhood. Some of them watching daily, because their babysitters (like me at 16) just wanted them to be happy and quiet.

techgeek

Would have been nice if they could have found an empty theater to put this in over at the studios. Missed opportunity to create a 'sing-a-long' mini land, even.

Epcot82Guy

That actually sounds like a very fun idea. That could be a great rework for the Animation Courtyard area. Maybe with a smaller version of the animation attraction from DCA. And, if you missed one - you would have several others to choose from.

Cmdr_Crimson

After watching the sing a long on youtube...This to me just felt like I just saw an extra feature on a blu-ray, So, technically after the original version, the special edition with "Human Again" we have their 1&1/2 version.....Then Enchanted Christmas and Magical World....Should I throw in Sing me a Story as well in the mix...

trainplane3

So...uh...
There was strictly no filming was allowed of the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, but we can describe what we think is an addition that greatly missed the mark.
Disney adding two wonderful films to The Land and the Canada Pavilion while introducing this to the France Pavilion is a bit of a head scratcher. The other films showed that they knew what they should do, but they really failed to give France a country-showcase film that it deserves. Instead, Disney decided to add a sing-along that feels like more of a direct-to-video film than a smart addition to a theme park. While we can say that the film wasn’t our favorite, there will likely be big crowds simply because of the Beauty and the Beast IP, and that will likely be seen as a win for a theater that wasn’t always packed.

Is no filming the same rule with other sing alongs?

Last edited:

brb1006

So...uh...
There was strictly no filming was allowed of the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, but we can describe what we think is an addition that greatly missed the mark.
Disney adding two wonderful films to The Land and the Canada Pavilion while introducing this to the France Pavilion is a bit of a head scratcher. The other films showed that they knew what they should do, but they really failed to give France a country-showcase film that it deserves. Instead, Disney decided to add a sing-along that feels like more of a direct-to-video film than a smart addition to a theme park. While we can say that the film wasn’t our favorite, there will likely be big crowds simply because of the Beauty and the Beast IP, and that will likely be seen as a win for a theater that wasn’t always packed.

Is no filming the same rule with other sing alongs?
No wonder yesterday's video was quickly pulled off. Also a weird rule for "no filming" considering it was allowed for the Frozen sing along shows at DHS and other theater/circlevision shows at WDW.

lazyboy97o

I’ve heard it described as just that from 3 separate friends who’ve seen it.

And it only uses the central area of the new screen....
Angela Bassett: “And in a display of courage and independence, the Imagineers decided to forego the limitations of a design decision made decades ago and agreed to present Beauty and the Beast: Sing Along in its original 1991 aspect ratio and not be bound by the theater’s unique ultra wide format.”

brb1006

So how was the new animated bits for Lefou? I only seen a brief clip from yesterday's upload before it got deleted.

brb1006

Also some guests were able to receive posters after the show.
168qhj0sadb41.jpg

Magenta Panther

Saw a few fragments of the new footage at The Site That Must Not Be Named.

Just what is this fixation with re-telling/replotting Disney flicks? Oh right, it beats creating a full sequel or prequel or anything like that., and is another way to milk the original. Looks like this particular do-over is a reflection of the dreadful live-action's version of LeFou, as a put-upon sidekick who "deserves better". Except that, in both versions, he's rather repulsive, so I'm not sure it really works here.

I am now totally looking forward to a re-telling of Disney's animated Robin Hood, where it turns out that poor abused Sir Hiss was working behind the scenes all along to help Robin Hood frustrate the evil Prince John and bring King Richard back to Notthingham. Why the hell not? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom