Beauty and the Beast rumor

WDWDad13

whoever mentioned the Wreck it Ralph land... that could be very cool.

In fact that gives me an idea... why not turn Tomorrowland Speedway into Sugar Rush. They could design the heck out of that... and what is neat about it is it would be a good transition into Fantasyland, but still futureistic with electronic game sounds and maybe some special affects along the track as well.

Next Big Thing

Why do DHS rumor threads always feel like they belong in the Armchair Imagineering forum?
Because Disney isn't Universal. Universal goes in and just gets things done so there really doesn't even need to be speculation. Disney on the other hand dances around adding/updating attractions/lands for YEARS before they finally come to fruition.

FLE and ST 2.0 had been rumored for forever before they finally happened. DHS is the worst when it comes to things like this. Monsters inc, Carsland, Star Wars additions, BatB replacement, Little Mermaid replacement, Aerosmith being replaced always seems to coming up, BAH removal, etc, etc. - pretty much everything gets brought up at one time or another, but nothing ever happens.

Figments Friend

It isn't that no one "wants" to believe it, but it just isn't very plausible. Just because Cast Members say... well anything... doesn't mean it is getting any serious consideration. If asked you will find cast members tell you about the pending expansion of the monorail, and the imminent fifth gate they are building on the western edge of property.

Sadly, the time for the construction of the great Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland has long come and gone.

A couple reasons:

1. While it is a great attraction at DL, spawned from one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, Indy is barely a blip on the social conscious. Current corporate Disney culture is one of tent pole franchises and name recognition.

2. It is not only expensive to build, it is crazy expensive to maintain:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-304005-ride-jones.html

This kind of thing scares away bean counters.

Indeed. I doubt we would ever see a Indy clone here on the East Coast these days.

Add into those facts this : We already have a Indy clone anyway...called *Dinosaur*.
Disney seems to have difficulty just keeping THIS attraction in good shape with all show elements functioning....and it is no where near as complicated as IJA !

I personally would rather not see exact clones, and keep some attractions *Park exclusives* on both coasts.
The original Indiana Jones Adventure falls into that catagory with me...keep it at DL.

ebof1023

Id like to see a dark ride themed to Mickey, have it centered around all of those old Cartoon shorts that used to be made, if there was a land put there it should definatly be toon related to give Mickey a true home at wdw

orky8

Mystic Manor doesn't fit in DHS, so that's out. It'd be cool if they brought back Dick Tracy Crimestoppers but it's an IP barely anybody knows about. Toontown would be a great fit for this area, maybe that.

Twilight Zone was not a highly relevant IP when Tower of Terror was built. Relevant IP is not necessary -- a good attraction will make it relevant. Disney used to know how to do this, even making up its own IP (like Mystic Manor). That said, current leadership, especially at TDO, can't be counted on to recognize this.

orky8

Id like to see a dark ride themed to Mickey, have it centered around all of those old Cartoon shorts that used to be made, if there was a land put there it should definatly be toon related to give Mickey a true home at wdw

I have always thought a "Great Animation Ride" similar to the great movie ride would be amazing. Using the boat technology rumored for pirates in Shanghai and some World of Color fountains/projection with some classic sets -- could be amazing journey, family friendly (DHS needs), water ride (DHS has none). I was thinking just the movies, starting with Snow White.

bubbles1812

no one wants to believe the rumor that the Indiana Jones ride may come to DHS because of no (written source) but let me just say that if you talk to some of the cast members there they will tell you that Disney is considering bringing the classic attraction to Florida.
Cast members are about as reliable as talking to my dog about upcoming attractions.

BigThunderMatt

My problem with this is that Sunset is already a bottleneck with Tower, Coaster and Fantasmic all in close proximity to one another. It does NOT need yet another large draw. They need to build big attractions in other areas of the park to spread out the crowds.

Tim_4

I think any replacement at this point (or addition) would be well taken by most Disney guests.
I see that you're new here. Welcome. This crowd doesn't take ANYTHING well. They clamor for new things and then protest the replacement of "classics." Anything to complain about, they will. New bus paint and a Starbucks in Epcot are enough to send them off the deep end.

bubbles1812

I see that you're new here. Welcome. This crowd doesn't take ANYTHING well. They clamor for new things and then protest the replacement of "classics." Anything to complain about, they will. New bus paint and a Starbucks in Epcot are enough to send them off the deep end.
That's a pretty big generalization, just sayin'. Many people are receptive to a Carsland, Avatar, Star Wars, ect. What people don't like is Disney cutting down the budgets on said projects to a (relatively) small size so that we end up with stuff like NFE... NFE is nice, and pretty, but it's not innovative or awe inspiring the way everyone knows Disney can be.

I will give you that the Starbucks in WDW is the end of the world thread was hilariously ridiculous. But overall, your post is extreme exaggeration. People are in fact clamping for something new; they just don't always agree what they would like to see.

ToTBellHop

T
That's a pretty big generalization, just sayin'. Many people are receptive to a Carsland, Avatar, Star Wars, ect. What people don't like is Disney cutting down the budgets on said projects to a (relatively) small size so that we end up with stuff like NFE... NFE is nice, and pretty, but it's not innovative or awe inspiring the way everyone knows Disney can be.

I will give you that the Starbucks in WDW is the end of the world thread was hilariously ridiculous. But overall, your post is extreme exaggeration.
Having been here for almost 12 years, I don't think it's an extreme exaggeration. There are very vocal people who have literally complained about EVERY addition WDW has made since I joined these boards in 2001. Most of us regulars learn to ignore certain individuals and focus on more level-headed minds.

Jake Wilson

Thank you, I have noticed quite a flip flop on ideas with these boards. At this point DHS & DAK couldnt go wrong by adding any new attraction(s). Both of these parks are in dire need of attractions to draw more attendance.

From the rumors I have read I am in high hopes that Disney has seen this and also feels that both parks deserve some TLC to share guest attendance with all 4 parks. What Disney adds may not be what the people are asking for, I believe it will still bring people if there is a new anything. If you build it they will come. :D

Tim_4

T

I will give you that the Starbucks in WDW is the end of the world thread was hilariously ridiculous. But overall, your post is extreme exaggeration.
Unfortunately many of the people with reasonable criticism are drowned out by the ridiculous over-the-top bunch. It's hard not to lump people together when they're identified by screen names rather than names and faces. When people say things like "monorail wraps are proof that Walt Disney has been completely forgotten and TDO is intentionally stomping out his legacy," it's hard not to default to an eye roll whenever they post about how bad things are.

bubbles1812

Having been here for almost 12 years, I don't think it's an extreme exaggeration. There are very vocal people who have literally complained about EVERY addition WDW has made since I joined these boards in 2001. Most of us regulars learn to ignore certain individuals and focus on more level-headed minds.
True. Lol. I have one specific person who comes to mind thinking about the complainers. And I have learned to ignore as well. But at the same time, Id say its a minority who complain about every single thing.

Tim_4

Thank you, I have noticed quite a flip flop on ideas with these boards. At this point DHS & DAK couldnt go wrong by adding any new attraction(s). Both of these parks are in dire need of attractions to draw more attendance.

From the rumors I have read I am in high hopes that Disney has seen this and also feels that both parks deserve some TLC to share guest attendance with all 4 parks. What Disney adds may not be what the people are asking for, I believe it will still bring people if there is a new anything. If you build it they will come. :D
Couldn't agree more, and well stated. I think you'll be happy with what you see in the coming years. It may be slower than people would like, but big things are coming.

Jake Wilson

I will give you that the Starbucks in WDW is the end of the world thread was hilariously ridiculous. But overall, your post is extreme exaggeration. People are in fact clamping for something new; they just don't always agree what they would like to see.

I do think if Disney would have done an expansion like this to either DHS or DAK the outcome would have been brighter and the crowds would have been larger. Imagine if the same type of expansion was in DHS for a Pixar land with the same budget, rides and Idea.

7DMT could have easily been Monsters Inc. Roller coaster. Gastons could hae been the Restraunt Boo Gets out at in the movie. Meet and Greet area for your favorite Pixar Pals. Something new, exciting and in a park that needs more to do. Disney just upgraded the wrong park IMO.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
True. Lol. I have one specific person who comes to mind thinking about the complainers. And I have learned to ignore as well. But at the same time, Id say its a minority who complain about every single thing.
A very small minority. When I first started posting here I thought there were a big group of people who complained about every single thing, but as time goes on you start to realize that most of the criticism is coming from people who have legit complaints and most of the critical posters were really being pretty fair in their criticism and were willing to give credit when positive things happen. It's the vocal few who have an axe to grind and can find a negative in everything that I think make some people defensive.

Tim_4

I do think if Disney would have done an expansion like this to either DHS or DAK the outcome would have been brighter and the crowds would have been larger. Imagine if the same type of expansion was in DHS for a Pixar land with the same budget, rides and Idea.

7DMT could have easily been Monsters Inc. Roller coaster. Gastons could hae been the Restraunt Boo Gets out at in the movie. Meet and Greet area for your favorite Pixar Pals. Something new, exciting and in a park that needs more to do. Disney just upgraded the wrong park IMO.
I see where you're coming from but that was never the point of New Fantasyland. It wasn't about increasing attendance, it was about being better able to handle the attendance that the Magic Kingdom already draws. Rather than driving attendance up, it was really a pressure release valve for Fantasyland, where you could barely walk in the busy times. Once fully opened, New Fantasyland will provide some breathing room in the busiest land in any Disney park worldwide. This leads to higher guest satisfaction scores and, ultimately, repeat visitors.

Back to the topic at hand, changes/additions to DHS and DAK absolutely WILL be about driving attendance growth. There are two reasons for this. One is to balance out the parks, a la DCA expansion. The other is to ensure that DHS and DAK are full day parks, making Disney a full week trip that leaves no time to visit other "area attractions." From a business perspective, Disney's number one goal is to keep you from renting a car. This is the logic behind DME. Without a rental car, Disney gets 100% of your hotel, meal, ticket, and merchandise purchases over the course of your vacation. It's not just about keeping you out of Universal, it's about keeping you out of Applebee's, the Holiday Inn, and the wizard gift shop on 192. In order to do this, Disney needs to be appealing as the ONLY thing you're going to do for a week. They want you to sit down and say "well we need two days each for MK and Epcot, plus one day each for DHS and DAK... I guess Sea World will have to wait until next trip."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom