Beauty and the Beast rumor

NoChesterHester

no one wants to believe the rumor that the Indiana Jones ride may come to DHS because of no (written source) but let me just say that if you talk to some of the cast members there they will tell you that Disney is considering bringing the classic attraction to Florida.

It isn't that no one "wants" to believe it, but it just isn't very plausible. Just because Cast Members say... well anything... doesn't mean it is getting any serious consideration. If asked you will find cast members tell you about the pending expansion of the monorail, and the imminent fifth gate they are building on the western edge of property.

Sadly, the time for the construction of the great Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland has long come and gone.

A couple reasons:

1. While it is a great attraction at DL, spawned from one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, Indy is barely a blip on the social conscious. Current corporate Disney culture is one of tent pole franchises and name recognition.

2. It is not only expensive to build, it is crazy expensive to maintain:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-304005-ride-jones.html

This kind of thing scares away bean counters.

AndyS2992

I would be all for the dark ride rumor.

Close BatB and put in a dark ride of something.
Close Little Mermaid and put the Tangled show in there.
Cars Land
Star Wars land
Pixar Place Expansion
Remove Indy and put the DL dark ride in there.
Update Great Movie Ride
Get rid of American Idol and Sounds Dangerous and put new stuff here
Create a brand new compact backlot tour somewhere else.

And I think DHS would become my favourite park :D

WDWDad13

I would be all for the dark ride rumor.

Close BatB and put in a dark ride of something.
Close Little Mermaid and put the Tangled show in there.
Cars Land
Star Wars land
Pixar Place Expansion
Remove Indy and put the DL dark ride in there.
Update Great Movie Ride
Get rid of American Idol and Sounds Dangerous and put new stuff here
Create a brand new compact backlot tour somewhere else.

And I think DHS would become my favourite park :D

so basically you're saying a coat of paint here and there would do the trick? lol

I agree though, DHS needs a MAJOR overhaul

Cosmic Commando

It isn't that no one "wants" to believe it, but it just isn't very plausible. Just because Cast Members say... well anything... doesn't mean it is getting any serious consideration. If asked you will find cast members tell you about the pending expansion of the monorail, and the imminent fifth gate they are building on the western edge of property.

Sadly, the time for the construction of the great Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland has long come and gone.

A couple reasons:

1. While it is a great attraction at DL, spawned from one of the greatest movie franchises of all time, Indy is barely a blip on the social conscious. Current corporate Disney culture is one of tent pole franchises and name recognition.

2. It is not only expensive to build, it is crazy expensive to maintain:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-304005-ride-jones.html

This kind of thing scares away bean counters.
I think that article actually says what a good job Disney does of making rides that can be maintained at relatively low cost, not that it's crazy expensive. With all of its sets, impressive ride system, audio, lighting, animatronics, etc. Indiana Jones Adventure costs less to maintain than California Screamin', a run-of-the-mill steel coaster with LIM launch.

Also, name recognition? Indiana Jones? You don't think Indiana Jones has name recognition?

Tinkerbell 8

I've never seen any of the stage shows in HS except IJESS, and as much as I think that HS needs to have some stage shows, I think they could close BATB since this film is now represented in FL and create a dark ride in that space, and use the old Hunchback theater for a show. I think getting rid of IJESS would be beneficial if they added either an Indy ride or a SW ride there. I also think getting rid of LMA and replacing that area with a carsland would be great, it would help with crowd control. As much as I think Epcot needs to get an overhall, I think that HS is in greater need and that these additions would go a long way to helping the park.

pixargal

I've heard Disney executives are considering constructing the Indiana Jones ride on this available land. Just a rumor as of right now though...It could work
I would love to see this built at DHS. I am a huge Indiana Jones fan and the time period of the movie would fit in well with the area.

Next Big Thing

I work for a community theater. Trust me. BatB is FAR better.
I perform community theater, my parents run a theater and I have many friends who go to theater magnet schools. I've seen far better productions of the same show (and many others) on what I can guarantee is a MUCH smaller budget. Nothing about Disney's version feels authentic. It feels completely plastic and fake to me, and in theater, that's the exact opposite of what you want the audience to feel about a performance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom