Beauty and the Beast rumor

ThemeParks4Life

Original Poster
"We determined that continuing to invest in new Miramax movies wasn't necessarily a core strategy of ours" -Bob Iger
Yeah. After No Country For Old Men came out, Miramax started dying slowly until the buyout. However, I still do believe they own half of each film, amirite?

jt04

Yeah. After No Country For Old Men came out, Miramax started dying slowly until the buyout. However, I still do believe they own half of each film, amirite?

I think the Iger quote says it all. It is essentially 'of the past' and won't be revisited. The times they are a changin'.

bubbles1812

Skeptical... but intrigued. As someone else mentioned, this has been rumored in the past months. Would be great if they used that land and put in a ride but I wouldn't expect them to ever do more than another stage show. Honestly though, Princess and the Frog? Yes it's relatively popular but my general impression is that it's Rapunzel that is doing the gang-busters business for Disney right now. I see her as a better replacement than Princess and the Frog.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mystic Manor doesn't fit in DHS, so that's out. It'd be cool if they brought back Dick Tracy Crimestoppers but it's an IP barely anybody knows about. Toontown would be a great fit for this area, maybe that.
Toontown would work and would give the little ones something to do other than TSMM. They could shock the world and build a completely new ride not cloned from anywhere. It would just need to fit into the area. Tower of Terror was an original concept.

ThemeParks4Life

Original Poster
Toontown would work and would give the little ones something to do other than TSMM. They could shock the world and build a completely new ride not cloned from anywhere. It would just need to fit into the area. Tower of Terror was an original concept.
They could always bring back Hotel Mel to fit with TOT.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Can anybody show a map or a link to a map of the area?
I can never get the map apps to work on my iPad. User error for sure, but there you ave it.

no one wants to believe the rumor that the Indiana Jones ride may come to DHS because of no (written source) but let me just say that if you talk to some of the cast members there they will tell you that Disney is considering bringing the classic attraction to Florida.

doctornick

But where would the SWW shows go?

Well, they could have a permanent show (PatF/Tangled/whatever) in the Premiere but have have breaks in the performances to allow for other uses like SWW or Night of Joy. I mean, the Indiana Jones stage gets used for cheerleading competitions, it's not like it can't be easily done.

Edit: Also, I've always wondered if they could find a way to use the Fantasmic! theater for other shows. It seems silly to have it sitting unused during the daylight hours.

no one wants to believe the rumor that the Indiana Jones ride may come to DHS because of no (written source) but let me just say that if you talk to some of the cast members there they will tell you that Disney is considering bringing the classic attraction to Florida.
I guess, to be fair, that an Indiana Jones ride would be a decent fit thematic for Sunset Boulevard, if they wanted to use this space for it. Would make that part of the park even more popular however; they need to disperse the crowds better around the park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok. This might seem a little overly optimistic, but here goes nothing. It probably doesn't make sense to close the theater and demolish it for a new ride when there is space around the back lot tour that would be easier to repurpose unless its part of a much larger plan. The DCA 2.0 project was a lot more than just Carsland. It was a reimaging of the entire park. It included rides like TSMM and The Little Mermaid and World of Color outside of the expansion of Carsland. Maybe TWDC has finally decided that spending $300M adding 1 ride is not going to be enough to revitalize DHS and this could be part of a much larger DCA style makeover. A few new rides here and there, a new overall theme and of course either a Carsland clone or even better Star Wars expansion as the anchor of the overhaul. It's just as likely that this is just another rumor that won't come true, but you never know.

CJR

I would love to see ToonTown happen here for a few good reasons:

1. It would work out well with ToT and RRC right there, balancing the area out more. Also, they could possibly rework the entrance to Fantasmic! into it. That seems unlikely to me, but it would be neat to see what they could come up with.

2. DHS needs more attractions for that age group and if they add SW as well, SW won't really help out as much since it's more adult oriented (although plenty of kids still love it, but more on a Pirates level rather than a FL level).

3. If they add a SW land, it will balance out the park more with both ends of the park receiving attention. That way, not all the additions are taking place in the same area. Then, when they do eventually expand Pixar Place, the right side of the park won't seem so old.

4. Mickey needs a home in WDW and this is the perfect chance to do it. Even if they don't do a M&G, they could bring the houses back, which is enough for me. There was something nice about them. With Fantasmic! being right there, it's the perfect location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom