Beauty and the Beast rumor

DizFiz

I'm curious to see how this all plays out if this hold to be true but why can't B&TB have to attractions/show/area when Finding Nemo is in two different parks... anyways I think a darkride would go great in that area as it lacks a family orientated type attraction.

Jake Wilson

As one of the few west coast people that travel to WDW almost as much as I do Disneyland, I thoroughly enjoy WDW more due to 4 parks, 2 water parks and the abbundance of Disney surrounding me. I did however last trip feel a desire to visit Uni.
Our vacation plans for this year deffinately have Uni. in them for 2 days. I have never been and I want something new and exciting, after some research I am quite excited for this experience.
In the end result I as a Disney fanatic and someone as people say on this board snorts pixie dust, wanting something new and exciting for Disney parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm curious to see how this all plays out if this hold to be true but why can't B&TB have to attractions/show/area when Finding Nemo is in two different parks... anyways I think a darkride would go great in that area as it lacks a family orientated type attraction.

I apologize to the person who called this an armchair engineering thread, but here's another possibility that would be a perfect fit as a family friendly dark ride.

Many people have heard of the old plans about building a Muppets themed dark ride called the Great Muppet Movie Ride as part of what was going to be the muppet studios section of the park. It was supposed to be a spoof on the Great Movie Ride but in each scene the Muppets would be attempting to recreate a scene from a famous movie with disastrous, but funny outcomes. Typical muppets stuff. Anyway, they could dust off those blueprints and build the ride (adding the new trackless technology of course) and build it in the area we are talking about. The outside could definitely be built to fit the theme of the area. Perfect fit. This would free up the current Muppet Vision 3D theater to be part of either Star Wars Land or the Pixar expansion. Either put in a new 3D movie or even better knock it down to make room for the expansion.

Crazydisneyfanluke

OK so here are my thoughts....
1. If there was going to be a star wars land, they would build around the existing attraction. I would consider removing the Muppets area and changing it into the StarWars area.
2. Lucas land: turn sounds dangerous into something Lucas related.
3. Cars Land: it can fit in DHS, but DHS needs something unique of its own.
4. Pixar Land: Remove everything from ToyStory and up, change it to pixar movies. Adding monsters inc. (roller coaster), and the Incredibles (simulation) would be a great crowd pleaser. Keep the Animation Gallery, turn it into pixar only.
5. Take away the hat and referb GMR.
6. Remove that backstage ride thingy that is bad, replace it with a Disney channel area. it includes: a play ground (with water effects) stage show, and maybe small rides.
7. That car show which gets worst every time.. get rid of it. Remake this area into a Movie making area that comes right of off NYst. People want to see how some things are done! Have a small show that is unique every time and includes people from the audience to help make a movie, then sell the movie! have a somewhat museum that has walts past and the movies that Disney has produce and props from them. Disney can come up with another good attraction that will draw people to that area.
8. Have a icon for DHS, even if its the water tower. make sure its at the entrance of the park not obstructing the great view that will be inside the park.
I have a desire to work for Disney as a Imagineer and i have great plans. These are my thoughts in what could be done with DHS. DHS should appeal to all ages, and should include how movies are made, created, etc. A DHS 2.0 would be amazing if they do it, and depends on what they do!

iheartdisney91

All this talk both excites me, and upsets me.
I can totally see why Disney would take out "VOTLM" and "BATB" seeing as both princesses are now
in MK with their own lands.

I highly think HS needs a drastic facelift. To me the park seems "empty"
the empty space is a great idea, and Disney should look into using it.
I LOVE this park don't get me wrong, but in all honesty it's a "one day park"

I hope whatever they decide to do, will be a great investment. Like "New Fantasyland" over in MK.
while I will be devasted to see "VOTLM" leave the park, I will understand why. Even though they still pack in
crowds after crowds..... however I will not be OK with them replacing this classic with a fad, such as "P&F"

PorterRedkey

Okay, let's breakdown some of the information mentioned in the article

1. "the show older than dirt"

--- While I believe dirt has been around longer than 1993/1994, their point is made. This show has been around for almost 20 years. This is long even by Disney's standards for a stage show. Does this mean Disney has to replace it? Not really. With the announcement of the new Finding Dori movie, I wonder if the Finding Nemo show at AK will be around for 20 years. We know there have been rumors about a replacement circulating so at least it is being talked about.

2. "the characters from the film have all pretty much moved into The Magic Kingdom now with the addition of the Be Our Guest restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern and the Enchanted Tales with Belle walk-through adventure"

--- True, true and true. BATB are now well represented in the FLE. While the BATB show would fit in MK, I don't think they would have the space or the interest in building a new theater for a 20 year old stage show.

Now this one I could use some help with.

3. "the theater building / structure itself may have some issues that need addressing"

--- I have read of some forums about this, but I cannot remember if this was from a reliable source or has been shot down as false. Can anyone confirm this? @Lee? @marni1971? Even if they wanted a new stage show based on PATF (which I would love), VOTLM has been rumored to close as well and a new show could be placed in this theater that has nice air-conditioning.

4. "just behind the theater is a large open section of land that Disney has not been able to use for the theme park"

--- The first part is true: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=disney world&hl=en&ll=28.360128,-81.558053&spn=0.003955,0.005845&sll=35.170517,-79.860994&sspn=10.633367,23.939209&hq=disney world&t=h&z=19

Disney not being able to use this plot, I don't know. It seems like if they really wanted to, Disney could find a way to get guests back there even with the current stage show. Perhaps, they want more space for an attraction and that is why this plot hasn't been used. Especially if they decided a themed restaurant that can be accessed for both inside and outside of the park is not the way to go.

5. "That is a seriously big piece of property that Disney could (be) use for a major new attraction or mini-land if they wanted to"

--- This is more opinion than fact. The area does seem large, especially if the theater is also removed. Given the current boundary limitation. I would think any plot of available land would have to be considered for expansion. Now whether that expansion is a mini-land, a single attraction, a restaurant, a MnG, or just a fancy bathroom, that is for Disney to decide.

I will close with my opinion, I would love to see a new original family dark ride. I am of course rooting for a new E-ticket with LPS tech, but I would even settle for a C/D style omnimover dark ride that the whole family can experience together. DHS sorely needs this!!! Even if this does happen, I look forward to riding it in 2025. Disney seems to take there sweet time.

PorterRedkey

Why are so few of the Armchair Imagineering suggestions relevant to Sunset Blvd itself? The park doesn't need to be more of a hodgepodge.

Agreed, I would love to see the themeing match, but then I look at RnR next to tower of terror and I'm not so hopeful. That's why I said I would like an original attraction matching the time period or a self-contained mini-land that would be somewhat separated for Sunset Blvd.

RSoxNo1

I would love a "video game land" ala Wreck it Ralph. Not sure if that area would be the best place, but the more video games evolve, the more the line is blurred between them and movies.
I like this idea, but I like it more as an overhaul to Disney Quest.

OSUPhantom

I would LOVE a dark ride at DHS. There seem to be very few (if really any) and if they do this right then DHS would be on it's way to "full day park" status. I'm more inclined to believe this given the rumblings of a large scale make over for the park however I'll remain skeptical. Personally I don't have the slightest idea what I'd like to see but whatever it is I hope it's good!

RSoxNo1

I would just hope that the replacement fits in the theme of the era/area. If it's a Roger Rabbit attraction for example, I'd much prefer the facade doesn't look anything like the Toontown Facade in Disneyland. If it's an Indiana Jones attraction, the facade shouldn't resemble Disneyland's either.

midwest_mice

I do see potential at that site for a good sized dark ride. However, didn't they just add on a building to the back of the stage area of BATB recently(last year or so?) If there were plans to do something there I couldn't see them tacking on a building if it was coming down in the upcoming year or so.
I do wish Mystic Manor had a place here, that looks like one very well designed ride. Toontown would be welcomed by families with younger children. The options are endless with this prime real estate inside Hollywood Studios.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I would be all for the dark ride rumor.

Close BatB and put in a dark ride of something.
Close Little Mermaid and put the Tangled show in there.
Cars Land
Star Wars land
Pixar Place Expansion
Remove Indy and put the DL dark ride in there.
Update Great Movie Ride
Get rid of American Idol and Sounds Dangerous and put new stuff here
Create a brand new compact backlot tour somewhere else.

And I think DHS would become my favourite park :D
I think it would become EVERYONE'S favourite park.

Jake Wilson

Dick Tracy would fit perfectly for theme and having a wonderful new ride. I agree that DHS is lacking a water ride as well, maybe they could imagineer something up that is water based?
Maybe a Fantasia ride on a boat? It is located by Fantasmic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom