Beastly Kingdom

adam_goodger

Joe Rhode is holding an hour long presentation in the Theatre in the Wild tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be about the progress and change to Animal Kingdom over the past 10 years. Who knows, he might mention something new.

MousDad

Joe Rhode is holding an hour long presentation in the Theatre in the Wild tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be about the progress and change to Animal Kingdom over the past 10 years. Who knows, he might mention something new.

You going? You reporting? If so, you are :king:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Give Dino-Rama, Camp Minnie Mickey, and Rafiki's Planet Watch the ax, or at least a major revamp. Those lands are pimples on the face of WDW.

echoreyn

I think putting 1 attraction that people really want to experience back at Rafiki's would go a long way. (Not that what is there is bad, it's just not a must see over and over, you know what I mean?) If there was something back there to die for, that would take a 2-3 hour chunk of your day, by the time you take the train there and back, see what's already there and do the killer attraction.
I really like that idea as well. If they built beastly kingdom (with a different name, of course) back there, people would flock to that side of the park too. They could add multiple attractions like an E-ticket and a few B/C/D-tickets there, so that the park would be much more evenly spread out and would be closer to being a full day park for newcomers and repeat offenders alike.

What Animal Kingdom needs is another E-Ticket, 1 D-Ticket and a couple B and C-Tickets. I would also like to see a few more animal exhibits paired with these new rides, but made so you have to walk past them as you exit the rides. Put pandas around everest. Add a Bambi dark ride with a North American animal exhibit to Camp Mickey Minnie. Maybe a Jungle Book dark ride to Asia with some bears and black panthers, etc. If Disney would add those types of rides and experiences to this park it would be complete.
Those are great ideas, but I don't know why Disney doesn't seem to recognize that. Animal Kingdom does not need a major overhaul (though adding Beastly Kingdom and changing around a few of the exisiting areas would be nice). Adding some attractions constructed in the true Disney fashion would be sufficient enough and could save lots of money. We have so many classic Disney films to base the attractions off of as well as plenty of original ideas.

Figment571

My take on it, place Festival of the Lion King in Africa somewhere (they could make it work) and build Beastly Kingdom (but please not with preexisting Disney characters... or maybe a little dragon friend can do a crossover hurm...)

Yeti11

DAK is only a full day park because the place is like a labyrinth so after you spend an hour doing everything when you try to find the exit it's no where to be found.......

it's a glorified zoo. gimme a break. they could have done a lot better

Animal Kingdom is NAHTAZU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLOL:

ctxak98

I think disney would be making a smart move by adding a section into AK about mythical animals and creatures. It would do so many things for the park. First of all it would make the park a full day park it might get the excitement back to a disney park and not universal and all there new really cool things coming out and it would make the logo of animal kingdom WITH the DRAGON on it actually make some sense. If there going to keep the logo with the dragon on it they might as well do something with it or change the logo. I really hope they add this section to the park. If not for the tenth then maybe for some other time atleast hopefully ijn the near future.:sohappy:

Figment571

^That was originally in the plans for the park but it never happened. You can find a lot by searching for it online.

Welcome to the site!:wave:

RSoxNo1

One of the best ideas I've heard for a new Beastly Kingdom concept would be to add a Europe section of the park. You can have a walk through with a few animals, but Europe isn't really known for it's real animals. They are however known for many of the famous mythical creatures like unicorns and dragons. I think there's room for Europe in the walk way between Africa and Asia, if it expands back into the Rafiki's planet watch area. I'm not exactly sure of the layout, but my understanding is that there's room back there.

I would like to see Camp Minnie Mickey changed over into an Adirondack type area, you could call it North America, and possibly move the Lion King show to Africa. Pocahontas would still fit, and we could see some reindeer exhibits and perhaps a Bambi dark ride that's a fuse of indoor/outdoor elements with real deer as well as animatronic deer in the indoor portion.

elizs77

AK is beautiful, no doubt about it. But I agree, we need another E ticket, then some Ds and Cs to make it an all day park.

One of the biggest issues for us when we visit has been the early closing time. I assume it's because of the animals, but when we were there in September 2006, the park closed at 5. That's just so early!

Part of the beauty is how natural the park is (not Florida kind of natural, though), but Disney seems to have comprimsed on sidewalk space. I have never been anywhere else in Disney where you just seem to be on top of everyone else even when the crowds are low. And since you can't see where you are going because of the beautiful greenery, I think it's also a bit hard to navigate. They need more signs or something...

It's also the hottest park! I guess it's because so much of the park is outside, and there's very few rides that are inside unlike the other places. We just couldn't get over how crazy hot we were.

I think AK is a good start. Just wish that Disney would expand on the idea more.

WaltsApprentice

Give Dino-Rama, Camp Minnie Mickey, and Rafiki's Planet Watch the ax, or at least a major revamp. Those lands are pimples on the face of WDW.

Nice metaphor...but... how is Rafiki's Planet Watch all that bad...?? It shows you behind the scenes of what Disney does at the park and how they take care of their animals. Also shows you what amazing things they are doing with the DWCF and you can catch many times they doing medical check ups on the animals...which is always something amazing to see! This land helps answer all the questions that many guests have daily the only problem that i may see about this area is the the normal guest wont walk around and read signs and information...but they have to see it in a high action 3D video attraction to enjoy it.

DIno- Rama ...I wouldn't mind seeing slowly disappear....I love the rest of Dino USA on the lovely route 428...but yet there is soo much detail in that area that is ingored...but...most of it is tacky detail...

Camp Minnie Mickey is okay...I like the feel and one of the main reasons why it is there because they needed a nice location for characters...and the two shows that they have there are amazing!! and for the ones that say Lion King should go to Africa...don't realize orginally Lion King was suppose to be a temp show...but it became soo popular that they kept it where it is...and its suppose to be in the theming of a camp fire gathering style...but that is not usually picked up by the normal guest...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Nice metaphor...but... how is Rafiki's Planet Watch all that bad...??

Because you have to go so far out of your way to get to it and it is secluded from all other guest amenities like food/bev and such. If they're not doing some sort of medical work, the place has nothing to offer but a low quality petting zoo that one can find at a local fair.

elizs77

Because you have to go so far out of your way to get to it and it is secluded from all other guest amenities like food/bev and such. If they're not doing some sort of medical work, the place has nothing to offer but a low quality petting zoo that one can find at a local fair.

I can't believe it, but I'm actually kind of agreeing with you!

I also don't like petting zoos. Our state had an e. coli outbreak at the State Fair back in 2006. I know, I know, wash your hands, but still, that's just yuck.

MousDad

The problem with Rafiki's right now is not that it has a petting zoo - The problem with Rafiki's is that it is only a petting zoo.

I say you could plus the area without getting rid of the petting zoo, and without losing the planet watch theme. But, in the grand scheme of things, scrapping the whole thing might be the way to go.

I agree, Merf, you gotta give the poor people something to eat and drink back there.

They just need to make it a real destination within the park.

OldKeyWest

For me Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I just love the atmosphere and the blend of animals and rides. That said there isn't as much of a blend as I think there could be. Most people will agree when I say that this park has a ton of potential and that it has only scratched the surface. I agree that they should build Beastly Kingdom it is the best idea out of Imagineering I have ever heard IMO. Though if they build it it needs to be built the way it was supposed to be not all merchandised and a gift shop/stand ever two feet. They should also expand on Camp Minnie-Mickey to a North American section and a Jungle Book dark ride in Asia like others have said. An Australia land would be pretty cool to with some type of animal exhibit thing, a nice sit down restraunt, and maybe a Nemo Submarine like in DL themed more so to the Great Barrier Reef though I'm getting kinda Nemo'd out. Where they would put this I'm not sure but there is a TON of cleared land ready for construction. Don't believe me go to Google Earth and look there is a huge chunk of land by CMM and between Asia and RPW. Any of this would be a great response to HP and that "Youtube generation" coaster at Universal. Because Disney needs an answer for that and so far they have American Idol? You have got to be kidding me that's it!? In short Ak really needs something for example when I was at Ak in Jan of '07 it was 1ish and I had done everything and had lunch and was waiting for my fastpass for Everest and there was nothing to do. AK definetly needs another coaster (Dragon's Tower). Thats just my two cents. Sorry if that was long.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom