Beastly Kingdom

WaltsApprentice

The problem with Rafiki's right now is not that it has a petting zoo - The problem with Rafiki's is that it is only a petting zoo.

I say you could plus the area without getting rid of the petting zoo, and without losing the planet watch theme. But, in the grand scheme of things, scrapping the whole thing might be the way to go.

I agree, Merf, you gotta give the poor people something to eat and drink back there.

They just need to make it a real destination within the park.

They actually have ...or at least last year they did for a good 7 months in the year of 2007 they had a hot dog stand out side the building...with beverages... but most people would not know this...because they rarely go out there. One of the main questions and responses that DAK got from their guests is they wanted animal interactions...and the petting zoo is that result because these animals are not wild they are tamed...And the area is safe for both the animals and the families. You had a very large point in the matter that if they don't have any animal medical stuff going on its pretty much dead...because who would want to walk around and read all the exhibits...for gosh stakes they should just stop with this trying to teach us and make us learn stuff when i'm on vacation:rolleyes:...WHAT IS IT EPCOT:zipit::rolleyes::zipit: Sorry...I just had to say that...in advance...I WAS ONLY KIDDING:animwink: please don't freak out!

But Also remember...this "land" is suppose to should the reality of nature and what they do at DAK...the problem is more people prefer the fake imaginary type stuff over reality...heck thats why we go to WDW to get away from that! Which is why they have slowly introduced characters and more "magical" stuff into this land to bring interest. But I would not say its a pimple on WDW.... I feel its a hidden gem of the park and of WDW...just like the EPCOT 25th dedication exhibit...some may find that boring and a waste of space (some of the people that I went on vacation recently...that glared at me while I looked around) But again this is my opinion...:D End of story...

WaltsApprentice

For me Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I just love the atmosphere and the blend of animals and rides. That said there isn't as much of a blend as I think there could be. Most people will agree when I say that this park has a ton of potential and that it has only scratched the surface. I agree that they should build Beastly Kingdom it is the best idea out of Imagineering I have ever heard IMO. Though if they build it it needs to be built the way it was supposed to be not all merchandised and a gift shop/stand ever two feet. They should also expand on Camp Minnie-Mickey to a North American section and a Jungle Book dark ride in Asia like others have said. An Australia land would be pretty cool to with some type of animal exhibit thing, a nice sit down restraunt, and maybe a Nemo Submarine like in DL themed more so to the Great Barrier Reef though I'm getting kinda Nemo'd out. Where they would put this I'm not sure but there is a TON of cleared land ready for construction. Don't believe me go to Google Earth and look there is a huge chunk of land by CMM and between Asia and RPW. Any of this would be a great response to HP and that "Youtube generation" coaster at Universal. Because Disney needs an answer for that and so far they have American Idol? You have got to be kidding me that's it!? In short Ak really needs something for example when I was at Ak in Jan of '07 it was 1ish and I had done everything and had lunch and was waiting for my fastpass for Everest and there was nothing to do. AK definetly needs another coaster (Dragon's Tower). Thats just my two cents. Sorry if that was long.:wave:
There is a sit down resturant....but...nice...um...thats a matter of opinion I have yet to gain that opinion because I have not taken the chance to eat there yet....but there is one... Dak I feel is getting there...and we WILL find big things tomorrow at the 10th Annversary...to "answer" to the build up at other areas of Orlando. But It probably wont please everyone as usual...:rolleyes:

tirian

There is a sit down resturant....but...nice...um...thats a matter of opinion I have yet to gain that opinion because I have not taken the chance to eat there yet....but there is one... Dak I feel is getting there...and we WILL find big things tomorrow at the 10th Annversary...to "answer" to the build up at other areas of Orlando. But It probably wont please everyone as usual...:rolleyes:

Ah yes, the Yak and Yeti. The food is...shall we say...inconsistent. ;) My food was terrible a few times in a row, and I'll never eat there again.

Look up food critic reviews when you get a chance.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Regarding Camp Minnie Mickey, I'm pretty sure that's where BK was supposed to go before their budget got depleted. I mean it's basically a bunch of temp stages, and en route to it is a rock dragon and a (formerly functioning?) cave that housed a "dragon." I guess nothing is official, but I had always assumed that that was where it belonged.[/quote]

Disney_Freak429

Since I am still up I wanted to add my 2 cents again. First Happy 10th DAK!!!! Now after just watching the dedication of the park & being reminded of what it says we could really use that mythical element more so bit & pieces of Beastly can make its ways into the park but I don't see a whole land of it ever coming now. My personal pick is to add Australia having Finding Nemo The Musical be the gateway for that area of the park. I believe though no matter what we will find out some major news today its now just a matter of hours. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding Camp Minnie Mickey, I'm pretty sure that's where BK was supposed to go before their budget got depleted. I mean it's basically a bunch of temp stages, and en route to it is a rock dragon and a (formerly functioning?) cave that housed a "dragon." I guess nothing is official, but I had always assumed that that was where it belonged.
It is official, and it was. Try a thread search for Beastlie/Beastly/Kingdom for concept art and maps :wave:

WDWFREAK53

DAK is only a full day park because the place is like a labyrinth so after you spend an hour doing everything when you try to find the exit it's no where to be found.......

it's a glorified zoo. gimme a break. they could have done a lot better

Um...how is it a labyrinth? It's a hub/spoke design just like the Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion, DHS is the labyrinth. MK and DAK are the easiest...and Epcot is a close second.

Both MK and DAK have "out of the way" areas...(Rafiki, and Toontown) Both have trains too! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom