Beastly Kingdom Approved?

McArcDes

Lets just think about this for a moment. It sounds great to say the monorail should stop at every hotel, every park and every other place now on site that is serviced by the busses. If that is the case all we are doing is turning something we all love to ride into the busses that are, how shall I say, less that desirable. Don't get me wrong. The busses service the guests to the best of thier ability but if we wanted to go on vacation and ride a slow, crowded, and less than exciting mode of transportation we could go to the nearest big city and ride their busses.

If Disney were to make the monorail replace the busses they would not be able to do it in such a way that you could get on at your hotel and do any where you liked on property. They would have to create at least a couple fo TTC's to handle people changing monorails to get to where they wanted to go. Just think of the public transportation systems in a city like Boston or New York and you will get an idea of what Disney would have to do.

I am sure they could improve on the Disney transportation system but expecting the monorail to handle all of the WDW transportation needs is unrealistic.

DisneyKrazed

I love the "drop your car off for the whole vacation". Its great! One giants parking lot with a big TTA sorta like a terminal of a airport. Then using a monorail to conect other smaller tta (like the train and wings of the orlando airport). Finaly using the buses or even trams to take them to close attractions (like the airplanes).

pheneix

Yep. In fact, they did a traffic flow study that proved that a monorail system would be needed in the immediate future, but they never got the funding.

Invero

Originally posted by McArcDes
If Disney were to make the monorail replace the busses they would not be able to do it in such a way that you could get on at your hotel and do any where you liked on property. They would have to create at least a couple fo TTC's to handle people changing monorails to get to where they wanted to go. Just think of the public transportation systems in a city like Boston or New York and you will get an idea of what Disney would have to do.

Indeed you are correct. In fact, for some locations, you might need to change twice. Also keep in mind how Disney guest traffic flows... It's completely different than say, Boston's typical "T" traffic. Instead of a bunch of guests exiting... and then a bunch entering at every stop... you'll have ZERO guests exiting... and then a TON of guests entering... pretty soon the train will become full, and unable to pick up anyone else. Disney guest traffic flow requires the flexibility of a non-rail system.

Originally posted by McArcDes
I am sure they could improve on the Disney transportation system but expecting the monorail to handle all of the WDW transportation needs is unrealistic.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
I keep on repeatedly trying to tell folks that... but no one seems to listen.

Folks... installing a Monorail system will only add to Transportation problems. It will NOT solve it! I hate to say that, but it's true.

space42

OK, so the synopsis seems to be that the monorail expansion is NOT going to happen. Then we must also assume that the BK portion of this rumor is false as well considering its the same source.

I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see a WDW press release. The last information I heard about BK was that the project was dead. Any expansion to AK would most likely be another country (Australia) with a Soarin' cloan from DCA as its E-Ticket.

pheneix

I agree with the above post. With regards to Beastly Kingdom, I've just recieved an e-mail from a friend in WDI about the current state of the project. I know I have said it before, but BK is so far from becoming a reality it is not even funny. BK has a *slight* chance of happening, but don't bet the farm as long as AK continues it's attendance slide. If BK is built, it will not have a Reign of Fire coaster. That project is dead and the nails have been hammered into the coffin. Any kind of dragon themed coaster has just as little of a chance of becoming a reality (you know the story, a group of imagineers dream up a big cool dragon coaster and get laid off. A few years later big cool dragon coaster shows up at Islands of Adventure).

What is in the works seems to be the long rumored Australia land, with a heavy emphasis on animals. You know the rumors surrounding that one, so speculate away.

Fossil

If Beastly Kingdom is going to be built... Disney should make a thrill ride out of this world. Animal Kingdom needs a couple of thrill rides... maybe 3 or 4!:hammer:

NowInc

Originally posted by pheneix
I agree with the above post. With regards to Beastly Kingdom, I've just recieved an e-mail from a friend in WDI about the current state of the project. I know I have said it before, but BK is so far from becoming a reality it is not even funny. BK has a *slight* chance of happening, but don't bet the farm as long as AK continues it's attendance slide. If BK is built, it will not have a Reign of Fire coaster. That project is dead and the nails have been hammered into the coffin. Any kind of dragon themed coaster has just as little of a chance of becoming a reality (you know the story, a group of imagineers dream up a big cool dragon coaster and get laid off. A few years later big cool dragon coaster shows up at Islands of Adventure).

What is in the works seems to be the long rumored Australia land, with a heavy emphasis on animals. You know the rumors surrounding that one, so speculate away.

Im gunna have to disagree with a bit of what you said..my sources have said the OPPOSITE about BK (my sources are gernally right 99% of the time)...in the end tho..time will tell..we shall see ;)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Beastlie Kingdomme is a project name...there are very few attractions which keep their project names...especially at Animal Kingom...read the 1998 Birnbaum's book and look at some of the attraction names for Animal Kingdom...this new land will not have this name, as it does not fit in with Animal Kingdom, where every land is a town. I still say they will call this land Camelot...

CAMELOT??? OH GREAT!!!

Does this mean the Eric Idle will have something to do with it???

I mean, he WAS one of the nights of the round table.

WDWspider

Tune of 'One Little Spark'

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

CAMELOT??? OH GREAT!!!

Does this mean the Eric Idle will have something to do with it???

I mean, he WAS one of the nights of the round table.

Here is the theme song playing just on the other side of the dragon cave below the bridge into Camp Mickey Minnie.

One Splendid Park
with lots of Acres,
But nothing's there
to keep consumer's!
They've built a land
and it's always been there.
Invisible,
That's such a scare!

100th Post - Yeah!:sohappy:

And at the end of the Dragon Ride --- "Bring Out your Dead!"

WDWFREAK53

Re: Tune of 'One Little Spark'

Originally posted by spider-man

Here is the theme song playing just on the other side of the dragon cave below the bridge into Camp Mickey Minnie.

One Splendid Park
with lots of Acres,
But nothing's there
to keep consumer's!
They've built a land
and it's always been there.
Invisible,
That's such a scare!

100th Post - Yeah!:sohappy:

And at the end of the Dragon Ride --- "Bring Out your Dead!"

THAT WAS GREAT!!! (I just wish we could eat his minstrels)

Rider

Originally posted by NowInc

Fire mountain, Florida Adventure, Swiss Pavillion, COP closure, Space Mountain Re-do..and a few others ;)

hehe

Lol... didn't notice this topic until just now.

Anyway, with the bad luck Disney has had with DCA, I doubt they would give it another go.

Besides the fact (if you dont count WDS and MGM, because they are very different, but you could I guess) that the only park Disney copies to other locations is Magic Kingdom.

JLW11Hi

But they have made plans for a "Westcot" for California, although it never got very far, I guess. If a park is very successful in one location, that would probably give it enough to have a copy of it made somewhere else. (I hope they do this for DisneySea, and make one in the US!)

jaylenofan86

When I heard about Westcot, I was so happy to have an EPCOT type of theme park come to the west! When I heard about DCA, I thought to myself, " were they thinking! A park about California in California?" Oh well.

WDWspider

Did you know that California has Giant Bugs, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and a hotel from the Twilight Zone. Oh, the quick fixes, Dino-land too. DCA is a park looking for an identity, It was California praises (which is weird) but now it's becoming a mixed up, close to... disaster. I've already decided to not go there on my first trip to California. DL is a must, Californis Adventure is not going to happen. I've seen ride videos and heard many reviews. Why disgrace the original park with the first Disney Econo-park???:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom