Beastly Kingdom Approved?

pheneix

>>>most managers at WDW have their heads so far up their , that they have no clue whats going on<<<

You can say that again (but I also asked the few that I've known for a while, and I got the same response). But still, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic at best until I'm sitting in the front of Monorail Green on my way to MGM.

WDW Imagineer

Originally posted by mktiggerman

cheer up.. most managers at WDW have their heads so far up their , that they have no clue whats going on until it's been built..

Tell me about it, some of them are so concerned about not get their own sweat on their suits from the heat that, they will pass you off as inferior to them.:mad:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I LOVE THIS NEWS!!! What's next...are you gonna tell me that something WILL go into the 20K lagoon???

yes.. I can confirm this too...

they are turning 20k into an.......

even larger character meet... :hammer:

not really.. I have no friggin clue as to what will eventually happen there.. I hope for something but I'm expecting nothing

pheneix

>>>they are turning 20k into an.......

even larger character meet...<<<

I heard they were turning it into an "experimental floating gift shop."

NowInc

Just remember..managment really dont know as much as they would like to think. Until an attraction is OFFICIALLY announced..only select imagineers know about it....and after its announced..a few more know..but managers are basically normal CMs who "power positions"...they tend to be left in the dark ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by pheneix
Trust me, there are a few managers who know more than you think.

yes.. there are a few.. and for the most part they are WDI management who needs to know what is going on. But the large majority of park managers have no clue what is going on until a large construction starts.

Drebel

Original Poster
woohooo!

:sohappy: :sohappy:

So perhaps we will finally have something to do in AK!

(from what i've read so far)

-Drebel

mickeyman

What about a bumber boat type attraction in the 20k lagoon. I don't know what they could theme it to but i have always liked bumper boats.

WDWFanatic

I finally saw a commercial for reign of fire. looks interesting. Guess that theme for the coaster is still a possibility? Has there been any more talk about the Venitian resort on the seven seas lagoon?

pheneix

The last that I heard about the Venetian is that the area they had planned to use (between the Contemporary and TTC) has some serious issues. Anything crude attempts at a foundation they have attempted simply sinks in to oblivion. From what I have heard pouring more dirt on it has not helped at all either.

WDWFanatic

Thats the last i heard also. The only thing there are some markers and a dirt road under the monorail tracks with a little arch made from 2X4s to mark the height of the track above. Its been there forever.

cm1988

Originally posted by mktiggerman
...majority of park managers have no clue what is going on until a large construction starts.
I kind of thought that was because many ideas get considered, investigated, revised, tested, debated, revised again, tested again... then one finally matures and 'falls off the tree'. Suddenly everyone is scrambling to build whatever project made it that far.

JaysDisneyMagic

Thats Too Far Away To Look Forward To

Well, theres really no point in being excited about something in 2007! Woah, thats far far away. I try to look forward to things coming sooner, like Mission: Space or Winnie The Pooh at Disneyland. :)

But, hearing news about a monorail expansion and the Beastly Kingdom is great! I think the Mystical Isle is a great name! Someone send WDI that name, instead of Beastly Kingdom.

2 years ago, I heard about the Beastly Kingdom idea and I thought it was awesome and I still think it is. If the big dragon rollar coaster comes into reality, I think all of Walt Disney World will be looking at Animal Kingdom for once, instead of all the other parks. Animal Kingdom always seems to get the shaft.

Attachments

• mk_main.jpg
    mk_main.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 267

bamboo7

as far as the name 'beastly kingdom', i always thought it sounded a bit too much like beastiality (sp).
not quite what i am looking for in a theme park.

NADisney

I prefer calling it "StoryBook Legends" with three themed attractions:

1) Dragon's Liar- ( a small boat ride like epcots mexican pavillian with a drop to a lower level where a sleeping dragon awakes and turns the water into flames - various creatures appear along the way- wizards,knights , village ,trolls , treasure)

2) DreamFlight - ( a peter pan style attraction, except thru the world of mythology on a back of a Pegasus - Fantasia's Pastorial Symphonie play's in the background)

3) Labryinth - ( a mystical world with unicorns ,trolls , water sprites, knomes , dancing fountains ,caves , a fairy castle , talking statues all located in a hedgmaze)

This would take up the area located past the bridge towards the Lion King show

While the pocahontas show would be replaced with "Camp Goofy"

1) The Ranger Station -( a character meet and greet and gift shop area with a staute of the "Ranger " outside the entrence)

2) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh -( relocated here from MK)

3) A Bugs Life Adventure Zone - ( a soft kids playground area )

4) Goofys Cabin

5) The Country Bear Jamborie

The final of this area takes place between these two lands towards the back

Atlantis : The Lost Empire

1) - featuring a better aquarium in the lost city

2) - A dumbo style ride with Atlathian vehicals

3) - a Steel coaster based on the Leviathan

4) - a dark ride thru the caves to the city of Atlantis

NADisney

I forgot:

The Lion King would be relocated to Harambe in Africa ,just to the left after crossing the bridge past shops and resturant in the back.

Invero

Originally posted by Drebel
The Monorail system is also set for a huge expansion as early as 2007 on a dual beam system to all four parks, which will eliminate the need to transfer at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

Mmmkay... This seems to be a very popular rumor. So let me clarify a few things.

Guest traffic travelling from Theme Park to Theme Park is no where NEAR heavy enough to justify the extremely high cost of a non-revenue generating Monorail system.

If Disney were to invest such an immense amount of money into a Monorail Expansion, it would be to releive some of the stress on the current bus system.

The current heavy areas are: Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, All-Stars, and my guess is that Pop Century will be added onto that list when it opens.

These areas are only heavy from 8:30am-10:30am, and then during the park exit. Occassionally, the MK might encounter an influx of guests for nighttime entertainment.

Now... below, I'm going to address some common concerns with the busses, and how they'd relate to the Monorail.

1.) "The busses get crowded, and I have to stand"

Well... so do the monorails. In fact... You have a higher chance of getting a seat on the Bus, than you do on the Monorail.

On a full RTS bus, 65% of the guests will be seated, and 35% will stand. On a full Monorail, only about 40% of the guests will get a seat, while 60% will be standing.

2.) "It takes so long to get places because the bus makes so many stops."

Well... once again... so do the monorails. Think about it... if you were to put in a monorail where the bus used to service... it'd still have to make each stop. And actually... the monorail would stop for a longer period of time. As it stands right now... for a guest staying at the Grand Floridian to get to Epcot... it would take approx 30 minutes. To get to DAK or Studios.... 15 mins...

3.) "The bus fills up before it gets to my stop. The Monorail holds more people."

Granted, the monorail does hold more people, however, it does fill up quickly as well. Now, with a monorail... when it fills up, it still has to make all the stops. And the train behind it does too. So, for the guests waiting at the last few stops... they always get full trains.

With the bus... when one bus fills up... the next bus starts at the next stop. This way, all the guests get equal space.

Now... don't get me wrong... I totally agree that the monorail wins HANDS DOWN in the Total Coolness factor. However... with the way Walt Disney World is set up... with guest traffic flow how it is... with the resorts built the way they are built... Adding a monorail extension just isnt feasible. I wish it were... I really do. But, unless Monorails can become as Flexible as the busses are... they just wouldnt work. It's not about money... it's about logistics.

mickeysv

Account Suspended
I'm sorry i have to reiterate what bamboo 7 said, but I think I just peed in my pants.

Hmm beastiality kingdom, I think I'll pass. I guess mythical island isn't a bad name after all.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom