Beach Club or Boardwalk?

StarWarsGirl

Well, I've got Beach Club, but after reading some of these reviews, I'm not very excited about staying there. I think this will be the last year we rent points. I like having the option of being able to change resorts if we find out something that we don't like. Very difficult to do with DVC.
Beach club is a nice resort; it's just not as nice as some of the others. The rooms needing renovating is the biggest thing. But we'll be at BCV in August. Believe me, with the pool, you won't notice the room;). And it's a nice short walk to Epcot. Just keep an open mind.

Part of your problem is that you are booking during high season. AKL usually isn't a problem during low season. Have you ever thought about buying into DVC at a resort that you like?

StarWarsGirl

I know how you feel! Because of DH's job we can't plan ANYTHING in advance! I can plan some things in advance around my school schedule (though I'm going to school over the summer too, so I'm limited), but we're fresh out of points since we had a 16 day honeymoon and alternated between BLT lake view and theme park view, and AKL Kidani savannah view.
That would quickly get you out of points, lol. Which reminds me, I wanted to check on how many points I have for January...personally, I'd rather get standard view AKL and stay longer, but that's just me...

The Empress Lilly

Beach Club... I like to be able to walk out the back door and be at WS in Epcot... I also love Storamalong Bay over creepy Clown pool... :)
Totally. I tend to spend a lot of time by the pool. I'm from cold and dismall northern Europe. I need to make my hours of sunshine count!

The clown is sufficient reason for me not to want to stay at the Boardwalk. What were they thinking when they build that? He creeps me out. o_O

captainkidd

Beach club is a nice resort; it's just not as nice as some of the others. The rooms needing renovating is the biggest thing. But we'll be at BCV in August. Believe me, with the pool, you won't notice the room;). And it's a nice short walk to Epcot. Just keep an open mind.

Part of your problem is that you are booking during high season. AKL usually isn't a problem during low season. Have you ever thought about buying into DVC at a resort that you like?

No, we've always done well renting points. I should have bought 10-15 years ago, but I didn't have the money then. Now, it's just too expensive.

ParentsOf4

Well, folks, it looks like I'm not staying at either! Just checked DVC's website and they're ALL booked already! Back to the drawing board. :(
How about making lemonade out of lemons and try ..........

Resort hopping!!!

We've done as many as 3 resorts on one trip (although we had a car which made the transfer easy). It was a great trip although, admittedly, by the time we reached the third resort we had no desire to hop to a fourth.

rufio

Original Poster

Resort hopping!!!

We've done as many as 3 resorts on one trip (although we had a car which made the transfer easy). It was a great trip although, admittedly, by the time we reached the third resort we had no desire to hop to a fourth.

I'm only there for four days, so I'm not really interested in resort hopping and @captainkidd seems to have BCV worked out. DH and I resort hopped three times on our last trip. That one was 16 days and three "hops" was still too much for us.

disneysince71

Resort hopping!!!

That's us @ParentsOf4 we love it...people say we are crazy but..thats ok!! :)

The Empress Lilly

I love to hop resorts! I usually have some time at WDW, so I enjoy exploring new grounds.

However, I have a psychological barrier against hopping more than once. Third time is when it just becomes a hassle, when you get the feeling you are out camping.

disneysince71

I love to hop resorts! I usually have some time at WDW, so I enjoy exploring new grounds.

However, I have a psychological barrier against hopping more than once. Third time is when it just becomes a hassle, when you get the feeling you are out camping.
Our last trip we changed 4 times in 10 days! :) like I said crazy....

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Which do you prefer? Beach Club or Boardwalk and why? I can't book yet since my DVC "use year" isn't until June and I'm fresh out of points after my honeymoon. But when the time comes, I'd love to stay at one of these (if they're available at four months out)!

Beach Club. I asked this question a few months ago. I was torn between something new - the Boardwalk - or something I knew I loved - the YC/BC. We had stayed on the YC side and fell in love with location, but mostly the pool. So when it came to picking a place, we were tempted by Boardwalk but decided no, we can walk to the Boardwalk or take the boat AND get to use the pool at BC which we love. So BC it was! Loved it!

Violet

Beach Club. I asked this question a few months ago. I was torn between something new - the Boardwalk - or something I knew I loved - the YC/BC. We had stayed on the YC side and fell in love with location, but mostly the pool. So when it came to picking a place, we were tempted by Boardwalk but decided no, we can walk to the Boardwalk or take the boat AND get to use the pool at BC which we love. So BC it was! Loved it!

That's true, other than the pools which aren't interchangeable, all of the other resort's stuff is right there really. No reason to stress about picking the "right" one! :)

jazznrachie

Beach Club. I've stayed at both & prefer Beach Club immensely. Why? The decor is part of it. It's a little quieter than the Boardwalk, and the pool is much better.

luv

They really aren't THAT different. I prefer the pool at BWI...but I'm not afraid of clowns.

Beach Club would likely win for me, but I am confident the OP will be happy with her choice. :)

rufio

Original Poster
Beach Club. I've stayed at both & prefer Beach Club immensely. Why? The decor is part of it. It's a little quieter than the Boardwalk, and the pool is much better.

That's funny because a couple pages back someone else said it was much quieter at the Boardwalk! I guess it's really subjective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom