Beach Club or Boardwalk?

StarWarsGirl

I agree. I stayed at BWV in June 2011 and BCV in January 2012 and I liked the Boardwalk rooms a lot better. The BCV room I was in just seemed a little more...I don't know, tired I guess? I preferred the BWV room's decor.
Tired is a really good word for it. They just seem more worn down like they need to be renovated. We usually come from BLT (split the trip) and it just looks really worn and old compared to BLT. Also, glad we're not the only ones noticing!:)

StarWarsGirl

I think it must come down to the Stormalong Bay area.
It does. It really does. Had it not been for Stormalong Bay, I don't think we'd stay there we'd stay there.

Interestingly enough, I checked availability for a member in January of next year for a two bedroom at Boardwalk, and there was only partial availability at BWV but full availability for BCV. Checked two different sets of dates too!

ddbowdoin

I think it must come down to the Stormalong Bay area.

pretty much, since I am from New England ... 1.) I don't find the BC to be a true representation of New England and 2.) the theming doesn't matter to me, it's all about location, location, location.

StarWarsGirl

Beach Club by far. Better pool area. Cape May breakfast is amazing ( I need my grits and biscuits n gravy). A lot closer walk to Epcot. More romantic setting in my opinion. My wife and I usually stay there or at the Yacht club. Beaches and Cream ice cream shop. And lastly...........

The Boardwalk hotel is a little creepy to me. My wife laughs at me for this but something about walking those halls in the wee hours of the morning feels like "The Shining" to me. Plus some of the decor is weird. Google the creepy chair at Disneys Boardwalk. Just an imagined vibe I'm sure. Even without that I dig the Yacht and Beach Cub
It must remind you too much of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. ;)

There is a trade off: Boardwalk is a slightly longer walk to Epcot (though not horrible) but it's a much shorter walk to Studios. Plus, you can use all of the amenities except the pools (ie, restaurants, Boardwalk) wherever you stay.

Mrs Potts

There are some interesting comparisons on this thread. We have stayed at BC before and liked it, but for our next trip will be spending a couple of days at Boardwalk. I thought they would both be more evenly matched so now I'm interested in seeing how they compare.

captainkidd

It does. It really does. Had it not been for Stormalong Bay, I don't think we'd stay there we'd stay there.

Interestingly enough, I checked availability for a member in January of next year for a two bedroom at Boardwalk, and there was only partial availability at BWV but full availability for BCV. Checked two different sets of dates too!

Would you (or anyone that can) check the availability at the Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom for my dates, July 9-20. Standard or Preferred? I would greatly appreciate it.

Violet

pretty much, since I am from New England ... 1.) I don't find the BC to be a true representation of New England and 2.) the theming doesn't matter to me, it's all about location, location, location.

That's funny, I'm from NJ and Beach Club appeals more to me in theming. Not into the Atlantic City theme lol!

rufio

Original Poster
Would you (or anyone that can) check the availability at the Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom for my dates, July 9-20. Standard or Preferred? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry, no rooms available for all of those nights, though there's availability for a few random nights while you're there. It's offering SSR as an alternative. Any others you'd like me to check?

rufio

Original Poster
Well, folks, it looks like I'm not staying at either! Just checked DVC's website and they're ALL booked already! Back to the drawing board. :(

StarWarsGirl

Standard view available 9, 12, 13, 19, Garden view 12, 13, Boardwalk view 9,13. Not the whole time unfortunately, though you could go on the wait list and see if any of the time comes through. If you really want to spend a few nights over there, you could always divide up the time

captainkidd

Sorry, no rooms available for all of those nights, though there's availability for a few random nights while you're there. It's offering SSR as an alternative. Any others you'd like me to check?

How about Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village?

Thank you so much for checking!!!!

StarWarsGirl

Well, folks, it looks like I'm not staying at either! Just checked DVC's website and they're ALL booked already! Back to the drawing board. :(
Ugh, me either this January. I'm going before my parents since I'll have to be back at college (Dad has some points he either has to use or lose, and he offered to send me and a friend for 9 days since I can't go with my family anyway, it just looks like I'll get to stay someplace nicer than All Star) and my dad suggested Animal Kingdom, though I'd rather be at Boardwalk. But then I can't book that until May because it's not my home resort! Grr...Beach Club has availability, but I'm not sure I want to stay there within 6 months of having already been there.

rufio

Original Poster
Ugh, me either this January. I'm going before my parents since I'll have to be back at college (Dad has some points he either has to use or lose, and he offered to send me and a friend for 9 days since I can't go with my family anyway, it just looks like I'll get to stay someplace nicer than All Star) and my dad suggested Animal Kingdom, though I'd rather be at Boardwalk. But then I can't book that until May because it's not my home resort! Grr...Beach Club has availability, but I'm not sure I want to stay there within 6 months of having already been there.

I know how you feel! Because of DH's job we can't plan ANYTHING in advance! I can plan some things in advance around my school schedule (though I'm going to school over the summer too, so I'm limited), but we're fresh out of points since we had a 16 day honeymoon and alternated between BLT lake view and theme park view, and AKL Kidani savannah view.

captainkidd

Nope to Kidani or Jambo... Actually, no to all three. Looks like we're both stuck with SSR.

Well, I've got Beach Club, but after reading some of these reviews, I'm not very excited about staying there. I think this will be the last year we rent points. I like having the option of being able to change resorts if we find out something that we don't like. Very difficult to do with DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom