Be our Guest food Stinks

jw24

Well, I think everyone needs to remember that you're still eating theme park food. Of course, it's going to fall flat compared to fine dining Michelin star restaurants. When we say food is "good", it's subjective. Everyone has different tastes so when we say "good", granted, it's probably not the best thing they've ever had but the opinion or belief is that it's better than most typical theme park food or what normal food tastes like. I myself, only went there for lunch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But that's just me. From what I've seen, the general consensus is that lunch is much better than dinner.

WDW_Emily

We went to BOG on May 24th for dinner....Yeah the night of the all nighter we had reservations. The place was packed but our food was delicious. I got the cornish hen and a chocolate cream puff for dessert. Our Waitress was amazing telling me exactly what I could and couldn't eat with my dietary needs and was always filling up our glasses and checking in on us.

During our trip we ate at Akershus, Be Our Guest, and Brown Derby and we thought BOG had the best food quality for the price.

Skywalker

I don't have any issues with guests having a glass of wine with dinner if they wish. I don't really comprehend the clinging to Prohibition at the MK plus leaving the park and returning is inconvenient and a waste of time. I have not heard of any issues alcohol has caused after dining at BoG, they are not letting guests get tipsy. What is the rub?
Alcohol - just kidding :D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, I think everyone needs to remember that you're still eating theme park food. Of course, it's going to fall flat compared to fine dining Michelin star restaurants. When we say food is "good", it's subjective. Everyone has different tastes so when we say "good", granted, it's probably not the best thing they've ever had but the opinion or belief is that it's better than most typical theme park food or what normal food tastes like. I myself, only went there for lunch and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But that's just me. From what I've seen, the general consensus is that lunch is much better than dinner.

That is a good point. V&A gets the true high marks. Yet I guess my expectations are for fine dining when I am paying fine dine prices+ and then some.

Gabe1

Has Disney just changed up the lunch menu or did they change the dinner menu too? I knew they were having problems with the chew factor at lunch with the steak sandwich.

OldYeller

We had a great experience and a very good meal at BOG in Jan. We were pleased not only with the atmosphere and CMs, but thought the food was very good also.

Mrs.Toad

I was wondering too how Cinderella's is faring now with another castle restaurant for competition. Any observations? Still packed 3 meals a day or easier to get ADR's? Any walk-ins at off times/cancellations? How is the food too? There was a menu change since I last went there to eat.

armyfamilyof5

We've eaten lunch at BOG several times, the sandwichs were just inedible but the pork dish was wonderful, the cupcakes were good and the kids loved the potato leek soup. We have not made it there for dinner and with the hit and miss qualities observed by reviewers we probably won't. We love HOB at DTD and the last time we had a less than stellar experience so it's all about who is cooking on any particular day possibly?

Gabe1

We had dinner @ BOG on Christmas Day and the food was just OK. Nothing to rave about, probably not even in our top 5 all time favorites. However, the experience makes up for it. The place is amazing. Definitely recommend the West Wing if available.

If you are looking for good food (esp Italian) in the 'World, hit up Il Mulino. This place doe not ever disappoint. I would also add 'Ohana, Garden Grill and Boma to the list as well.

I list Garden Grill as just perfectly fine, nothing more. Boma use to be over the top spectacular, we opened that hotel. When I ate there last year it was dumbed down dramatically, the buffet over crowded for the amount of guests in the dining area, not on my top list and our server didn't deserve to be in that role, he was horrid, I dropped a fork and couldn't find him to get another, finally I went in the outlet just behind where you pick up your buffet plate and got myself another.

jenluvswdw

I have not tried BOG, but have ADR in Aug.. To be honest I am really worried about the menu selection. My DH and DS are picky eaters. My DH can have the steak but my DS does not eat anything on the menu. I hate to waste Dining credits if they are not going to like it. I was even thinking we should just go there for lunch and cancel dinner ADR :eek:. But, I don't think my DH will really like anything on the QS menu.... UGH.. What to do?? I really want to experience the Beast Castle. Hopefully my DH will suck it up for lunch.

copcarguyp71

Well for us we take a bit of a pessimist approach. It is resort food...if you expect fine cuisine you are probably going to be disappointed even when doing one of the premium dining experiences. I have to say that we have had some truly wonderful meals at places that had terrible reviews and then also had terrible return visits to eateries that we had a great first experience at (most notably Rose&Crown). It truly stinks to get a sub par meal at the end of a long day or when you are looking forward to a good meal but at the end of the day for better or worse we look at our meals as a very small portion of the enjoyment we get from Disney.

All that having been said and knowing we usually take advantage of free DDP I have to say that DDP has been the downfall of any hopes of consistent good food quality. No matter what we always look forward to trying new experiences at the world and are going to enjoy our trip to BOG in September no matter what...good or bad I'M STILL ON VACATION!!!!:)

dadddio

I have not tried BOG, but have ADR in Aug.. To be honest I am really worried about the menu selection. My DH and DS are picky eaters. My DH can have the steak but my DS does not eat anything on the menu. I hate to waste Dining credits if they are not going to like it. I was even thinking we should just go there for lunch and cancel dinner ADR :eek:. But, I don't think my DH will really like anything on the QS menu.... UGH.. What to do?? I really want to experience the Beast Castle. Hopefully my DH will suck it up for lunch.
Given your choices, I'd go for lunch and turn your husband onto the roast beef sandwich and the concept of big boy pants, but that's just me.

Gabe1

Isn't that what a buffet is though, self service? I understand there are servers there to be helpful and demonstrate great customer service but it sounds like everything was conveniently set out for you if you needed to get anything.

No. QS is self serve. Boma is considered a Table Service, you leave a hefty tip to have a server where you do not in a QS. Look at the dining plan to see which are TS and which are CS. I find it wrong to have to go into staff kitchen kiosk area to hunt down a fork when paying about $40 prior to a tip. What do you believe the servers duties are?

Skywalker

:D
No. QS is self serve. Boma is considered a Table Service, you leave a hefty tip to have a server where you do not in a QS. Look at the dining plan to see which are TS and which are CS. I find it wrong to have to go into staff kitchen kiosk area to hunt down a fork when paying about $40 prior to a tip. What do you believe the servers duties are?

Skywalker

I get that its resort food and people should not expect the best. I do think that any company that purports to be a world class resort, at the minimum, any higher end premium food they present should awe the guest, otherwise why bother. I want great food paying big dollars. I expect quality when I order a hamburger and fries at McDonalds. I don't want to expect toiletries. While I understand the caliber of food I'm getting, customer service should still be good, the burger and bun shouldn't be all smashed up or over slathered with condiments, and the fries should be crisp, hot and not soggy. They're all offering a service and should provide the best in their class.

hiptwinmama

What happened when you sent back your poorly prepared steak?
Both of out steaks tasted like charcoal... that is something that I doubt they could have done something about. It has to do with WDW lowering their standard because they know everyone wants to eat there.

DisneyDebNJ

I actually believe most of the negative reviews as the comments all seem to be specific and consistent.
With that being said: We have an ADR for dinner this upcoming trip. I just want to see the place for myself sit down have a meal and say "I did it"
I'm going in expecting Applebees in an awesome WDW setting and nothing more.
I may be a sucker, but at least I know what I'm in for.;)
Smart man, Enzo, smart man

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom