Be our Guest food Stinks

Tomi-Rocket

Ate there last Nov and the food was amazing. I even called my DH afterwards (I was on my first ever buddy trip with a friend) and told him it rivaled California Grill. We are eating there again this Nov. (Well, hopefully.) It's not that I don't believe reviews people give but I've learned to take them with a grain of salt. That being said, it's a shame you had a bad experience but I can't wait to go back!

hiptwinmama

Finally some honesty. I agree, my steak was awful in Feb. It tasted like charcoal. I don't expect a Ruth's Chris quality steak, but I surely wasn't expecting the over charred think steak I got. We won't go back for dinner that's for sure.

Our server was fine, but nothing special. He was attentive, but being "in character" seemed very forced. Almost like... yes, I have to say this cheesy stuff.

We have been to many restaurants on WDW property and there are only 3-4 I can say I would not return to. Hollywood and Vine (lunch/dinner), Ohana (Breakfast), BOG (dinner), GF cafe (maybe). Heck, I even prefer the food at Chef Mickey's to BOG.

jaklgreen

Everyone's trying to blame the BOG staff but it wasn't the the food was overcooked it was simply the quality of the product. But from everyone saying they liked it I guess that's what America is use to. Applebee's Fridays and chain restaurants ruined this country's view on good quality food. Looking forward to the rest of my dinners at places we all tried before. Yachtsman, via Napoli, raglan road!

I was not commenting on BOG staff but the resort food courts. I can see how they work(or hardly work). But I was also agreeing that there is only so much a cook can do with the ingredients they are given, if its a cheap piece of meat, there is not much you can do with it. I can't eat at Applebees type of places, the food is just horrible to me. The more really good food that you eat the worse everything else tastes.

awoogala

Everyone I spoke to in the ny/nj area has not been please with the food at BOG. Maybe our expectations are a little high. But I would put BOG food on the same level as an Applebee's or a Fridays.
I always get better food at applebees, honestly.
We had black steaks..inedible.. the pork chop was good, though..that and ratatouille were the only meals we were happy with. 2 other meals were unseasoned..no salt at all! The kids thought the pasta was awful and couldn't eat it. So, apparently, it's not consistent yet.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm sorry you didn't like it. We had an excellent meal there. I had the shrimp and scallops, as did my mother, and we really enjoyed it. I also had the french onion soup, which was excellent. My father had the mussels and the steak. He let my mother and me steal one of his mussels each, and they were really really good. He said the steak wasn't on par with Le Cellier or anything, but that it was good. We also really enjoyed our desserts. We were considering eating there twice next vacation.

But thank goodness I hate pork chop.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Also, Applebees sucks. I would not eat there. Ever. It's one step up from McDonald's, someplace I will only eat if really desperate or if all I want is some fries. I'll eat at certain chains (Outback, Macaroni Grille, PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory) but Applebees is just...gross. When I was a kid, I went there and they undercooked my chicken strips. I absolutely refuse to go back. Plus, so many horror stories there...just no.

HouCuseChickie

I really don't think this has anything to do with where you live. I know people in the NY/NJ area, Boston, Philly, DC, FL, TX, LA, CA, IL, etc. and the reviews are all mixed; however, most also went in not expecting "the best food of your life." i.e. the whole reason for the ADR was to see it, maybe have a chance to try The Grey Stuff, have beer or wine in MK, and see how the food is.

Our experience was a mixed one, but mainly positive. I too had the pork and wasn't all that pleased (the meat was kind of funky in taste/texture and the macaroni was salty), but DH's steak was tasty, the French onion soup was very good, the cupcakes were a nice treat, and I loved the assorted meats/charcuterie plate. The grey stuff...meh...but loved the presentation and wine and beer made it all better. :) We dined on the 2nd night of the preview period so service was still all over the place, but our server was still decent. Ultimately, the food- IMO - was better than our experiences at CRT dinner, LTT dinner, and Crystal Palace dinner.

The moral of the story...experiences vary...as is true with pretty much all WDW restaurants.

bethymouse

I really don't think this has anything to do with where you live. I know people in the NY/NJ area, Boston, Philly, DC, FL, TX, LA, CA, IL, etc. and the reviews are all mixed; however, most also went in not expecting "the best food of your life." i.e. the whole reason for the ADR was to see it, maybe have a chance to try The Grey Stuff, have beer or wine in MK, and see how the food is.

Our experience was a mixed one, but mainly positive. I too had the pork and wasn't all that pleased (the meat was kind of funky in taste/texture and the macaroni was salty), but DH's steak was tasty, the French onion soup was very good, the cupcakes were a nice treat, and I loved the assorted meats/charcuterie plate. The grey stuff...meh...but loved the presentation and wine and beer made it all better. :) We dined on the 2nd night of the preview period so service was still all over the place, but our server was still decent. Ultimately, the food- IMO - was better than our experiences at CRT dinner, LTT dinner, and Crystal Palace dinner.

The moral of the story...experiences vary...as is true with pretty much all WDW restaurants.
You said a "mouthful".:D Completely 100% agree.:D

Dad 2 M & M

I'm surprised at the "one extreme to the other comments" in this thread! I guess it really based based on the individual's personal taste!

Anyone who hasn't hit this joint has to go at least once. It is well worth a TS credit, no doubt about it. That said, we plan on just QS at MK (save CRT breakfast), using the TS credits elsewhere.

Dwarful

We are going to try it once...but if it isn't much we won't be back. Unfortunately many of the restaurants at WDW have gone this road. Decline in quality, which is sad. I also find it sad the need to bring alcohol into the MK. If you really need a drink you can get it easily enough by leaving property to other nearby locales. I enjoy the occasional glass of wine or drink but just don't see the need for it in MK.

disneysince71

YOU ARE LUCKY IF YOU CAN GET IN!
Went twice for lunch last week.... LOVED IT...Quick.. Delicious and Beautiful.. Our food was amazing... would have LOVED to get in for Dinner.... My question would be did you let someone know you did not like it?
My daughter had the French Onion Soup at lunch... a cast member noticed she did not like it and they had her something else within minutes... Personally I believe you need to allow them to correct things if you are not happy ... if they do nothing ... then complain BUT always give them the chance to fix it first. :)

Nemo14

We went for lunch last month and my husband had the steak sandwich. When it arrived at the table (as soon as we sat down) it was ice cold, so he had to send it back. I've known him for about 35 years now, and this is only the second time I have ever seen him send food back - he'd rather not make a scene. We loved the looks of the restaurant, but I don't think we'll be eating there again.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
We went for lunch last month and my husband had the steak sandwich. When it arrived at the table (as soon as we sat down) it was ice cold, so he had to send it back. I've known him for about 35 years now, and this is only the second time I have ever seen him send food back - he'd rather not make a scene. We loved the looks of the restaurant, but I don't think we'll be eating there again.
How long did you have to wait?

llrain

In my experiences of doing Liberty Tree for dinner pre halloween party for the last 9 years straight I am confident in saying that Liberty Tree has gone quite a bit downhill in their food quality.
Now if only i could convince everyone to just stop going there...but its soo convenient as a dinner spot just before the party.
Wow! Sorry to hear about your experience,however,curious to ask.What other horrible restaurants have you encountered at MK.? I thought " Tonys " was the only one that got mixed reviews.:(

hiptwinmama

Not surprised at the comments regarding quality. BOG is an absolutely STUNNING building. But it's also a totally wasted opportunity. Rather than Cosmic Ray's with lines back to the castle, and better paint, this COULD have been an honest, premier Signature Restaurant within MK. It can be done - the Brown Derby at HS pulls it off.

MK is a wonderful park - but I would suggest that anyone looking for a REAL dining experience should strongly consider getting on the Monorail, and hitting The California Grill, Citrico's, or Narcoossee's. Grab the boat to WL? Now you can include Artist's Point.
I couldn't have said it better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom