Baggage Tags for Magic Express?

Has anyone who is planning on using the new Magic Express service received the tags for luggage yet? I am leaving on May 17th and hope to get them soon so if I have a reservation problem I can fix it well before I leave.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

AEfx said:
Well I guess I'll wait and see, but I save every tiny bit of paper from every trip and I can't find one. I fly on a ticketless airline - I bring a piece of paper I print from the website, they scan the barcode, check my ID, and hand me a boarding pass.

When I get on the plane they rip the boarding pass and I keep the stub. I'm assuming this is what people are refering to as a claim check.

That said, I've never been asked for one and wouldn't have known what it was if they asked - I usually travel without checking luggage just about every where else I go except for WDW, so I guess I've just never encountered it.

Learn something new every day, LOL. ;)

AEfx
You will only get a claim check for your luggage if you check it with the airline. If you only use carry on lugggage which goes in the passenger compartment of the plane you will never get one.

Tom

Upvote 0

AEfx

Thomas Martin said:
You will only get a claim check for your luggage if you check it with the airline. If you only use carry on lugggage which goes in the passenger compartment of the plane you will never get one.

Tom

Yup, that's why I mentioned that I normally don't fly with luggage. However, I do when I go to WDW because I generally go for at least a week - and I guess I just somehow miss this piece of paper they hand me, even though, as I said, I'm pretty about paperowork and save every last ticket, reciept, and gum wrapper I get on a trip.

I'll definately be paying more attention when I leave in a few days. :)

AEfx

Upvote 0

Nansafan

If this has been mentioned before I apologize right now. I just didn't want to read 7 pages of postings.

Please, please, please people post to let those of us traveling later this summer know how DME works.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

AEfx said:
Well I guess I'll wait and see, but I save every tiny bit of paper from every trip and I can't find one. I fly on a ticketless airline - I bring a piece of paper I print from the website, they scan the barcode, check my ID, and hand me a boarding pass.

When I get on the plane they rip the boarding pass and I keep the stub. I'm assuming this is what people are refering to as a claim check.

That said, I've never been asked for one and wouldn't have known what it was if they asked - I usually travel without checking luggage just about every where else I go except for WDW, so I guess I've just never encountered it.

Learn something new every day, LOL. ;)

AEfx
Hey there again, When they hand you your boarding pass it is in a little paper envelope yes? Try looking on the inside of that, that is usually where they stick mine!!! And yes if you dont check your luggage you dont get a claim check for your luggage as you wouldnt need it!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Nansafan said:
If this has been mentioned before I apologize right now. I just didn't want to read 7 pages of postings.

Please, please, please people post to let those of us traveling later this summer know how DME works.

Thank you.

Check your Private Messages.. :wave:

Upvote 0

JennaLea43

funjet

We booked our Disney vacation by a travel agent who booked through Funjet Vacations. We are being told that we are not going to be allowed to use magical express because we did not book through Disney, and our travel agent has told us that Disney and Funjet are fighting it out, and neither will release information to the other. We feel that because we are coming in on American Airlines and staying at Pop Century we meet the requirements and should be allowed to take advantage of it... This is the e-mail I received when i contacted Funjet.

Good Day Jenna:

Thank you for choosing Funjet Vacations as your travel provider.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not offering the Disney Magical Express
option with our vacation packages. The reason that we are not allowed to
offer this feature is because at this time, the Disney Magical Express is
available exclusively for bookings made directly through Disney
Reservations.

Thank you,

Jocelyn
Funjet Vacations
Internet Customer Care

Any information you have regarding the situation would be helpful.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This is why I book directly through Disney. The only time that I go through an outside company like that is if I cannot get a reservation directly through Disney. Sometimes they have rooms open on them.
Good Luck

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

JennaLea43 said:
We booked our Disney vacation by a travel agent who booked through Funjet Vacations. We are being told that we are not going to be allowed to use magical express because we did not book through Disney, and our travel agent has told us that Disney and Funjet are fighting it out, and neither will release information to the other. We feel that because we are coming in on American Airlines and staying at Pop Century we meet the requirements and should be allowed to take advantage of it... This is the e-mail I received when i contacted Funjet.

Good Day Jenna:

Thank you for choosing Funjet Vacations as your travel provider.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not offering the Disney Magical Express
option with our vacation packages. The reason that we are not allowed to
offer this feature is because at this time, the Disney Magical Express is
available exclusively for bookings made directly through Disney
Reservations.

Thank you,

Jocelyn
Funjet Vacations
Internet Customer Care

Any information you have regarding the situation would be helpful.

Disney does allow travel agents and travel wholesalers to add DME to their clients (guests) bookings. What Funjet Vacations is stating is misleading. True the DME cannot currently be added to existing resevations through our wholesale industry website, but it can be added by the agency by calling central reservations wholesale department. Sounds like Funjet Vacations perfers to do everything by automation with our website and simply does not have the staff to call in modifications.

If possible, see if you can cancel your vacation without penalty and rebook yourself directly with Disney Reservations or if you would like a travel agent, I would recommend you call Pam at Kingdom Konsultants. There is something fishy on what you were informed.

I hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I'll be happy to post back when we return with an official experience of this whole Magical Express.

Side note about the claim checks...if you check baggage w/ the airline, they attach a paper tag to your bags that is barcoded as to your final destination/airlines/etc., they then give you a tiny copy of that info..the numbers and barcode and such. very tiny and often if you have that paper envelope they are attached to the inside. Some airports check your tags before you can leave w/your baggage. hope this helps clarify that point.

Upvote 0

Fran98765

We are arriving May 9th (7 days!!!) and still hadn't received our info last Friday, so DH called and they had our airline info wrong. If you don't receive it make sure to call to ensure that they have your airline info correct. The person DH talked to on the phone said that we should still receive our bag tickets in time and that they would be sent out ASAP. Thanks again to JP that gave us the info we needed for our trip. :)

Upvote 0

nemo77

All of the Luggage tags are on back order. So that means you will have to pick up your luggage yourself and bring them to the disney express bus.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

nemo77 said:
All of the Luggage tags are on back order. So that means you will have to pick up your luggage yourself and bring them to the disney express bus.

All Disney's Magical Express travel documents and bag tags for DME booked guest traveling from May 5th - May 17th have been printed and are in transit to the guests or travel agencies. For guest traveling beyond May 17th, the travel documents are printed and mailed approximately 21 days prior to the scheduled arrival date to arrive to the guest or travel agent approximately 5-15 days in advance. As the entire document with stick on bag tags are custom printed per reservation, there is nothing to back order. The delay was caused by an overwhelming response to this new service which interned delayed the initial printing run. This problem has now been resolved.

For those guest arriving prior to May 17th. If you do not get your DME travel documents prior to your departure, you simply look for our Disney Represenitive wearing a blue blazer and white Mickey gloves at the terminal side of the airport. They will take your baggage claim tickets and retrieve your luggage from baggage claim for you and it will travel with you on your motor coach.

Nemo77, I do appologies if you were missinformed.
I hope this helps put your mind at ease, and I hope you enjoy your vacation! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

JPVonDrake said:
All Disney's Magical Express travel documents and bag tags for DME booked guest traveling from May 5th - May 17th have been printed and are in transit to the guests or travel agencies. For guest traveling beyond May 17th, the travel documents are printed and mailed approximately 21 days prior to the scheduled arrival date to arrive to the guest or travel agent approximately 5-15 days in advance. As the entire document with stick on bag tags are custom printed per reservation, there is nothing to back order. The delay was caused by an overwhelming response to this new service which interned delayed the initial printing run. This problem has now been resolved.

For those guest arriving prior to May 17th. If you do not get your DME travel documents prior to your departure, you simply look for our Disney Represenitive wearing a blue blazer and white Mickey gloves at the terminal side of the airport. They will take your baggage claim tickets and retrieve your luggage from baggage claim for you and it will travel with you on your motor coach.

Nemo77, I do appologies if you were missinformed.
I hope this helps put your mind at ease, and I hope you enjoy your vacation! :sohappy:

Are you tired of repeating yourself yet? :animwink: Thanks again for the great info! :wave:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

DisneyJill said:
Are you tired of repeating yourself yet? :animwink: Thanks again for the great info! :wave:

Repeating myself? I often get the same questions asked to me all day. But each guest I speak with is not aware of the previous guest, so I'm kinda used to repeating myself. :lookaroun

The age old joke of guest asking "What time is the 3 o'clock parade" is not an urban legend, people do ask this. And in my case, people even call long distance to just to ask me. :lol:

Upvote 0

ypcat

JPVonDrake said:

This is exactly what I was told when I called Friday about our missing tags. JP, I either talked to you, or you got the script down right :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

JPVonDrake said:
Repeating myself? I often get the same questions asked to me all day. But each guest I speak with is not aware of the previous guest, so I'm kinda used to repeating myself. :lookaroun

The age old joke of guest asking "What time is the 3 o'clock parade" is not an urban legend, people do ask this. And in my case, people even call long distance to just to ask me. :lol:

I don't know how many times I said, "Right past the escalator, behind the wall with the big painting" while pointing with two fingers when people asked where the elevators at the Contemporary were. I bet I said that 300 times a day. :lol:

Upvote 0

puppymom

I just called and spoke with a nice young man who told me that if I don't get the tags, we will have to retrieve our luggage at the airport and take it to the disney rep who will handle it from there. I hope my tags come before we leave Sunday, waiting for luggage is the worst part of the airport!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom