Baggage fees...both ways?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Hello...have not flown since they implemented a per bag check fee...can someone here tell me if you have a roundtrip ticket if they charge you both at departure and return flight per bag? THANKS.....:lookaroun

DizneyPryncess

Last time I flew, we got charged both ways. Some airlines let you bring on one bag for free, and charge you for the second. Southwest doesn't charge you at all. But most will charge you both ways.

Upvote 0

harryk

I using Magical Express, make sure baggage fees are paid prior to bringing bags to check in counter at your hotel. The first thing they asked me when I brought my luggage to them for check-in was, "Have you taken care of the luggage fees?". I asked why and they informed me that they could not do it there - I had to do it over the phone with the airline prior to check-in at Magical Express. This was on Dec 30th, '09. [I had taken care of this prior to going to the desk.]

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

Sadly, yes. Both ways. Hubby and I paid an additional $50 each way ($25 for my bag, $25 for his bag). We forgot to add that extra $100 into the travel budget. Whoops. :ROFLOL: Won't let that happen again.

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

I using Magical Express, make sure baggage fees are paid prior to bringing bags to check in counter at your hotel. The first thing they asked me when I brought my luggage to them for check-in was, "Have you taken care of the luggage fees?". I asked why and they informed me that they could not do it there - I had to do it over the phone with the airline prior to check-in at Magical Express. This was on Dec 30th, '09. [I had taken care of this prior to going to the desk.]

We came to this awful realization as well after waiting in line to check our bags with Magical Express! We didn't have time to go through the line again. Turned out it wasn't that annoying to just check our bags at the airline anyway but still it would've been nice to know this before getting in line.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

This is no longer the case. Resort Airline Check-In is now able to take payment for bag fees at their counter. They did it for us when we departed on January 12th. Of course, it's better to be safe than sorry, so everybody needing to pay bag fees should probably still check with their resort before it's time to check in.

Upvote 0

Rob562

We came to this awful realization as well after waiting in line to check our bags with Magical Express! We didn't have time to go through the line again. Turned out it wasn't that annoying to just check our bags at the airline anyway but still it would've been nice to know this before getting in line.

The baggage fee info is mentioned a few times in the DME/RAC paperwork that's in your room when you check in, as well as the envelope with your DME pickup time.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Currently, if you fly United, you are not charged any baggage fees on your return trip when you use the Resort airline check in.:)

That could change at any time of course.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Yes unfortunately they are charging per checked bag each way. Delta just raised their price to $23 per bag each way:eek:.

I know!!! Can you stand it??? I always make sure that the airfare I am looking at either doesnt charge a bag fee (YAY Jet Blue and Southwest!) or I factor it into the cost of the ticket. I usually only bring one bag so it isnt so bad but still $23.00 to check your bag!! WOW!!! and add a $2.00 fee if you dont do it online!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I just got back from a week at Pop Century. When we got in line for ME at the airport, they handed us a half sheet of paper explaining that we need to call & pay any baggage fees before we check our bags in at the hotel. They also delivered our boarding passes to our room the morning we left. If we weren't checking bags, we wouldnt have had to wait in the resort airline check in line.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

That would not even include an overweight fee of $50 last time I flew, it might be more now. When the girlfriend and I were returning from Myrtle Beach we had one bag that was over the limit. We had to take stuff out that bag and put it in the lighter bag. Doing this at the check-in counter was like doing a physical challenge on Double Dare, or a weird Price is Right game. :lol:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The baggage fee info is mentioned a few times in the DME/RAC paperwork that's in your room when you check in, as well as the envelope with your DME pickup time.

-Rob

The problem I have is that my baggage fees are waived because I have a Continental MasterCard.

- as an aside, the card is $80 a year, but you get your first bag and the first bag of anybody traveling on your intenerary free. When my two kids and I go to WDW, that a savings of $75 each way - more than making up for the cost of the card.

anyway ... All I have to do is show the person my card and they don't charge me. I cannot call the Airline ahead of time and get a "paid" status put on my tickets for the RAC. Every time I have to stand in line at the RAC, explain to the CM that no, my fee is not paid, but that I get it waived. Then we have to call, go through a phone tree until somone at Continental says that I don't have to pay.

Not that big a hassle, but something I wish they would clear up.

-dave

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

The airlines are getting ridiculous with these charges. It would be something if the rates were cheaper. For my family of 3, if we each bring a bag that adds about $150 to the airfare charge, assuming its $25 a bag. Thats $150 is what it costs us in gas to get to WDW from Chicago. So even more convinces me that driving is the way to go next trrip

Upvote 0

harryk

Driving is all well and good - if you want to remove drive-time to and from WDW from your vacation time.
I would not consider it - even though I have the time available. I'll pay the extra , if required, to get to WDW and enjoy the escape from reality.
:xmas::xmas:

I have since upgraded to flying first class and don't worry about the luggage charge. They get the luggage charge in the First Class fare.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom