Bad day at the Germany pravilion

MAGICFLOP

I have eaten there and seen them play dozens of times. Obviously they all love what they do. Easy to see in thier faces. With that said, I wish when I die I could be doing something that I truly love.
God bless him and his family. My sympathy to those that had to see it (including his coworkers/friends)

echoscot

I have eaten there and seen them play dozens of times. Obviously they all love what they do. Easy to see in thier faces. With that said, I wish when I die I could be doing something that I truly love.
God bless him and his family. My sympathy to those that had to see it (including his coworkers/friends)

Uhmm, slightly off topic, but you have an intersting icon...I have no idea what it means....but it is definitely interesting...:rolleyes:

RABC3RD

My wife & I were eating lunch at the Biergarten when the gentleman collapsed. My wife immediately went up to the stage to help assess the man’s situation (she was the only woman who was up there). Let’s just say she is an experienced healthcare professional. As I’m in the middle of a letter to Disney regarding the situation, I need to choose my words carefully.

First & foremost, our hearts go out to his family and friends. We honestly do not know the outcome of his health issue as of right now. Others have posted though.

My wife & I visit Disney World often and eat at the Biergarten 5-6 times a year. We do not recall the man’s name although we’ve both talked to him on several occasions. The band was playing one of our favorites, Edelweiss, where one of the band members plays a saw. Yes, the saw. There was no indication that there was an impending problem. He just collapsed. The band and the patrons/staff were shocked.

Several patron/healthcare folks immediately assessed him. Initially, I believe, it was thought he may have had a stroke or seizure and was cared for as such. After some time had passed, it became apparent that he was in cardiac arrest.
The local EMT staff showed up followed by the Reedy Creek paramedics shortly thereafter. The restaurant was cleared out as all this transpired right on the stage. He was placed on a cardiac board with what appeared to be a pneumatic ‘thumper’ & taken away.

BRER STITCH

My Friends,

I am sad to have to report the following news to you.
Please let this be the final post on this subject, out of respect for the family, so as not to prolong the speculation, and to keep the discussion from running astray.

Please remember George, all the guys, and their families in your thoughts and prayers. You can express your sympathies to them when you see them continue the tradition at The Biergarten.

If you are in town, you can express your condolences at the Biergarten this Friday or at Church on Saturday.

24 years of service is a long time. He will truly be missed.
May his Joy-filled Spirit live on!
Thanks!

George Schnell, known as Sigfried in the Oktoberfest Musikanten show, collapsed and died on Thursday, Jan. 31. He was with us for 24 years and will be truly missed.
A celebration of Georges life will take place in the Biergarten this Friday morning from 9:00 - 10:00 and a mass will be held on Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic church in Ormond Beach at 10:00 am.
On behalf of the Oktoberfest Musikanten cast and crew, I thank you for your concern, prayers and well wishes.

@-->---->----

:(

paige1217

I do not believe so. According to previous posts it was the bass player which is not in the picture.

Has anyone found any real evidence that this happened. I have searched the Sentinel and have found nothing.

FYI........ The bass player in this photo is on the far left.... However I do not know if it was him who passed away

PhilharMagician

Um, the guy on the left of the picture was playing bass. There are only 4 tuning keys on that guitar

Well, it looks like 6 to me, but that is not the point that I made originally. The early discussions were discussing the fact that it may have been Sigfreid which is not in the picture.

sweetpee_1993

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the link Nemo14. I am just copying it here for easy viewing.

SchnellGe__Get_name_from_notice_text_020608.jpg
Funeral service for George Lawrence Schnell, 74, Ormond Beach, who died January 31, 2008, at Ormond Memorial Oceanside Hospice will be 10 a.m. Saturday, February 9, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church, 600 S. Nova Rd., Ormond Beach. Mr. Schnell was born in Queens, N.Y., and moved to this area December 16, 1984, from Commack, Long Island, N.Y. He was retired as a New York City police sergeant and owned and operated Bon-Bon Stationary in Deer Park, N.Y., from 1977 until 1984. He received a B.A. degree from John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He was the past Exalted Ruler of the Benevolent Order of Elks, Wilmette Ave., Ormond Beach, in 1988 and 1989, and was a 23-year member of BPOE 2193, and active on many committees. He was predeceased by his parents, Ethel Jordan Schnell and George Henry Schnell, and his son, George Steven Schnell, Kissimmee, who predeceased his dad by three hours. Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Angela; daughter, Marie Jordan, Ormond Beach; brother, Frank X. Schnell, Palm Springs, Calif.; sister, Regina Eaton, Palm Springs; four grandchildren, Michael (Heather) Scudiero, Lisa Scudiero, and Eric and Steven Schnell; and two great-grandchildren, Joseph and George Scudiero; and many in-laws, nieces and nephews. Memorial donations may be made to Hospice of Volusia/Flagler Counties, 140 Palm Coast Parkway N.E., Palm Coast, FL.

GEORGE STEVEN SCHNELLFuneral service for George Steven Schnell, 48, Kissimmee, who died suddenly January 31, 2008, at Florida Hospital Celebration, will be 10 a.m. Saturday, February 9, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church, 600 S. Nova Rd., Ormond Beach. Mr. Schnell was born in Flushing, N.Y., and moved here in May 1983 from Commack, Long Island, N.Y. He moved to Kissimmee to work for Disney and was an employee there for 24 years. He was a musical entertainer at the German Pavillion at Epcot's "Biergarten." He received a B.A. from Julliard Conservatory, New York, in 1981, and when he came to work for Disney/Orlando, he impressed them with his rendition of Carnival of Venice on his "major" instrument which was the tuba, he was hired immediately starting his 24-year career. Survivors include his wife of six years, Birgit Schnell; sons, Eric and Steven Schnell, both of Kissimmee; parents, George L. Schnell, who died the same day, and Angela Schnell, Ormond Beach; sister, Marie Jordan, Ormond Beach; nephews, Michael (Heather) Scudiero, and Joseph and George Scudiero; niece, Lisa Scudiero; many aunts, uncles and cousins; and his Disney and Outback families. Memorial donations may be made to Hospice of Volusia/Flagler Counties, 140 Palm Coast Parkway N.E., Palm Coast, FL

KevinFSU

Bad news just gets worse. I've heard of things like this happening, where one family member dies, another one hears about it and dies also. It appears the elder was at hospice already, so maybe he just died and was not aware of what happened to his son. Either way, completely sad all the way around and sincerest condolences to the family.

Wasn't George a pretty big and tall guy??? He looks like one I remember playing the bells when they go up there and play with another and knock over each others bells.

echoscot

My Friends,

I am sad to have to report the following news to you.
Please let this be the final post on this subject, out of respect for the family, so as not to prolong the speculation, and to keep the discussion from running astray.

Please remember George, all the guys, and their families in your thoughts and prayers. You can express your sympathies to them when you see them continue the tradition at The Biergarten.

If you are in town, you can express your condolences at the Biergarten this Friday or at Church on Saturday.

24 years of service is a long time. He will truly be missed.
May his Joy-filled Spirit live on!
Thanks!

George Schnell, known as Sigfried in the Oktoberfest Musikanten show, collapsed and died on Thursday, Jan. 31. He was with us for 24 years and will be truly missed.
A celebration of Georges life will take place in the Biergarten this Friday morning from 9:00 - 10:00 and a mass will be held on Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic church in Ormond Beach at 10:00 am.
On behalf of the Oktoberfest Musikanten cast and crew, I thank you for your concern, prayers and well wishes.

@-->---->----

:(

Thank you for the information. My prayers are with his family and friends and all the guests that were there that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom