Bad day at the Germany pravilion

Lynx04

well it's not hard to say it for english speakin.

Ironicly english i a germanic language, which most people don't know, probably because their are little word that are similar. Unlike the romantic languages, their are strong similarities.

But this sad to hear about, one of my favoriate places in WDW.

millercv

From another board:

"My granddaughter and I were eating lunch there and the rumor is true. The bass player, who I understand has been playing there for 27 years, had a heart attack and died on stage. He seemed absolutely fine, played a couple of songs, did a birthday song for the birthdays in the house, taught everyone the toast, then during the next song just collapsed on stage. We were sitting on the first row, near the side where he was standing, probably no more than 15-20 feet from him, and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. My granddaughter and another little boy were dancing on the dance floor just a few minutes before. Unfortunately it happened in front of the entire audience. I feel really sad for his family and coworkers. I understand that many people working there have been there a long time and are really close. I was also told that his wife also works there but was not present when it happened. When they called for Medics, then any MD in the house, several men ran up. After a few minutes it they began CPR, which they continued until EMS arrived and took over. We left at this point because my granddaughter (5) was very upset, and it seemed to me that this man was gone. We stopped by a couple of hours later just to check on him and talked to a manager, who confirmed what we feared. They closed for the rest of the day, but I didn't check to see if they reopened today."

uklad79

It's awful for the guests who saw it but I can't think of a better way to go, having fun with the guests while doing a job he most likely really enjoyed. Death is never pleasant but going fast while having a good time has to be one of the better ways to go. I just hope he went out with a great crowd who made his last day a good one.

The MaD Hatter

Terribly sad news. Biergarten is our favorite restaurant in all of WDW, and one of the reasons we love it so much is because of the band. Very sad indeed. :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I had absolutely no clue where to begin spelling that....so I googled it. Got tons of hits. Isn't the internet great that you can totally butcher a word and still get the info you are looking for?

True, hence my disdain for wikipedia.

So....his death is a RUMOR????

Hopefully we'll get the full story soon.

Speculating over a person's death is not very "Disney" of us.

:(
What ever happened to the urban legend that "Nobody dies at Disney."

With the daily population of WDW surpassing the population of most mid-size towns, there are relatively few deaths compared to similar sized towns.

Nobody finds it odd that people die everyday in other towns.

Epcot82Guy

This is terribly sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. M only silver lining is that it is obvious the fun those performers have with their job so that he at least ended his life doing something he loved and bringing happiness to people.

joanna71985

My Mom and Dad were eating at the German buffet today and one of the musicians colapsed on stage and had a heart attack. From what was gathered he passed also. My folks said the croud was just over come with panic and disbelief. My thougth and prayers go out to the family of the musician and all who must have witnessed this on their vacation.

That is so sad.:(

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all the other CMs there.

jtced

It's awful for the guests who saw it but I can't think of a better way to go, having fun with the guests while doing a job he most likely really enjoyed. Death is never pleasant but going fast while having a good time has to be one of the better ways to go. I just hope he went out with a great crowd who made his last day a good one.

Agreed!

Dwarful

How tragic. We have been 'regulars' there since our honeymoon in '95. Terrible loss for his family, those present and all of his co-workers. our thoughts and prayers are with them.

mikeymouse

P10100271.JPG

Any of these gentlemen? Very very sad, especially with all the talent they possess. Thought this would help.

PhilharMagician

I do not believe so. According to previous posts it was the bass player which is not in the picture.

Has anyone found any real evidence that this happened. I have searched the Sentinel and have found nothing.

MAGICFLOP

Here is the problem with just naming the instrument, They jump around from show to show. One guy may play the bass this show but tomorrow play the drums instead. They are all multi talented.

I am so sick to even think about it. I eat there 10-12 times a year. I see all those guys a lot and for years. I am eating there on thursday. I almost don't want to go.

Buried20KLeague

I'm almost starting to wonder about the validity of this whole thing. If this really did happen, it would seem we'd have a secondary source of verification on this by this point... And one would really think this would have been in the Slantinel too. Especially with a guest evacuation and shutting the place down for the rest of the day, as the story goes.

If this really did happen, I feel sorry for the family involved. But... I think I'm starting to believe I want to call "shenannigans".

:shrug:

tigsmom

It will not necessarily be in the papers or on the news.

I do not want to sound crass or uncaring, but this wasn't a ride accident or related death so its not really newsworthy to most of the world. :shrug:

Its a shame and traumatic for those who witnessed it.

Buried20KLeague

It will not necessarily be in the papers or on the news.

I do not want to sound crass or uncaring, but this wasn't a ride accident or related death so its not really newsworthy to most of the world. :shrug:

Its a shame and traumatic for those who witnessed it.

Normally I would agree, but we're talking about WDW here... And especially the Slantinel. It was an in-park death, in front of guests, requiring evac, shutting down the restaurant for the day, and would have undoubtedly caused "emotional distress" to those that witnessed... Kids included. The news would have been all over that, I personally think.

It's just quite odd. Especially when there's a ton of Epcot CM's that read these boards too. SOMEONE would have been able to verify the account, I'd HAVE to believe. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom