Bad day at the Germany pravilion

Thiger

That's really sad news to hear.
It was my brothers' first time there in Nov and he loved it as he's fluent in German. Naturally we got a lot of attention and the band was fantastic! Thoughts and wishes go out to the family.
*Raises stein in appreciation*

PintoColvig

Wow. Definitely wasn't expecting this when I first read the thread title. I just assumed it was someone with a complaint about Germany. Hope he turns out to be alright.

banimall

Well.. Lets hope he drank his fill while he was here, because in heaven there is no beer!

Thoughts and prayers..

:slurp:

I love that song, I'll drink a liter tonight in memory if he has in fact passed on.

Still no update on who it was? I have a pretty good memory for who each of the members are.

PhilharMagician

Oh man, we love those guys! I feel so bad. If he passed or if he didn't then I think this calls for one more Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi for the man as either a cheer to good health or one final send off from his Disney fans because camraderie and good times were what those gents are all about.:cry:

Ziggy or Siggy was the name of the tall heavier guy that played the bell's, Alpine horn and I believe he also played the accordian. I hope it wasn't him. He always seemed to walk around the restaurant during intermissions and talk with guests.

PhilharMagician

Some interesting info:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Zicke -Zacke, Zicke- Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A soccer cheer that originated somewhere in Northern Germany, zicke-zacke doesn't really mean much of anything other than it is fun to shout before taking a swig of a nice cold beer...
[/FONT]

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Of course I'm sorry for anyone dying but....

Does anyone else see the irony of someone dying from a heart attack in a place that serves loads of fatty meats and sausages?

sublimesting

Of course I'm sorry for anyone dying but....

Does anyone else see the irony of someone dying from a heart attack in a place that serves loads of fatty meats and sausages?

I'd find it more ironic if he was a health nut and had a heart attack surrounded by people eating sausage and beer.

BRER STITCH

My Mom and Dad were eating at the German buffet today and one of the musicians colapsed on stage and had a heart attack. From what was gathered he passed also. My folks said the croud was just over come with panic and disbelief. My thougth and prayers go out to the family of the musician and all who must have witnessed this on their vacation.

So....his death is a RUMOR????

Hopefully we'll get the full story soon.

Speculating over a person's death is not very "Disney" of us.

:(

BRER STITCH

...not that it matters but is the band in the pavillion german or american ? I know the waitress that led us to the table was german.

The lineup of the bands has changed over the years, but a few of them have been there for a decade or more.

I think from the current lineup, only Edi the guitar player/singer is from Austria.

Marty, the trumpeter/accordian player/singer is from Buffalo.

So is Dave, who played the accordian there in the past at times.

Which explains my concern about getting the WHOLE story ASAP.

Let's hope for the best!

:(

maryszhi

i hope he is ok, if hes in heaven, condolences to the fam.
i luv the german pavilion, even though im 75% irish 25% italian 100% american. I luv dancing with my friends. One year we went during oktoberfest and we dressed up in really cute german outfits we bought at a german store downtown. we did our hair like heidi and went with a bunch of freidns. we had so much fun dancing, and drinking our rootbeer, we had so much fun. the band is so good, its like being in the german part of downtown and popis in lake geneva, wi!!!
and i wish i could be at disney...SNOW DAY!!! :)

ChrisQ

How sad. I'll add my name to the list of those whose prayers are for either a speedy recovery or comfort for the family, as well as for the guests who were there.

MR. CRAFTSMAN

Original Poster
To add to my original post.....all I know is that my parents had eaten there during lunch yesterday and they said they were talking with other people at their table and all of a sudden a super loud thud was heard on stage which drew everyones attention... they said it took about 20 or more minutes until medical help arrived. The man was purple and non responsive even after CPR was performed, and that's all they saw and then everyone was asked to leave. We still have not heard anything else, but my parents are deeply sadden to have witnessed this. We just hoped to hear anymore info that someone may have heard?

MAGICFLOP

Wow I am truly sad to hear this.
We eat there a lot. I always listen to them. I know a few of their names.
I am supposed to eat there next Friday.
I hope he is all right!!:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom