Backstage Area Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Clearly some people aren't seeing eye-to-eye here.:lookaroun

1. Cast Members, Former Cast Members, or others with similar thoughts:
There's a natural curiosity to see what's behind the curtain. I will admit, I would very much like to see backstage features, the ride and effect systems mainly, which in itself is not a grave felony. If someone wants to see, claiming that they do not (it would ruin the magic!) is a useless argument. Regardless of the legality of behind-the-scenes photos, curiosity is not a crime. Additionally, stating that you do possess said photos is easily [mis]interpreted as a show of arrogance, or an air of moral superiority (which itself is groundless, as taking said pictures is, according to posts in this thread, a crime!).

2. Non-Cast Members, Magic-Ruiners, Curious Ones, et all:
The truth is, many backstage areas simply aren't that interesting. Sheds, parking lots, and roads (oh my!), all of which you could see out back of your local shopping mall. There's a reason that these sights are not meant to be viewed by guests, they detract from the experience. Management and Cast Members work hard to eliminate these shows of reality in the interest of providing a pure environment for the guest. Perhaps it's best that way.

But here's the thing.... If you want to see backstage THAT bad, pony up the $$$$ and take the tour.

Tim G

samp2a2608a5920d3ddf.jpg

head mouse

Because when people are saying things that contradict your views, and your own position is too weak to stand up to debate, then the only option left is to advocate censorship (aka locking the thread in this case).

It's called a discussion. Until the TOS are broken. there is no reason to lock any thread. That's why TOS are in place.

cloudboy

This is funny. I can't imagine more excitement over something so meaningless, and so many people who normally never chime in have to post just to say they don't like the thread and wish it would go away!

As a guest who has seen backstage before - it ain't no big secret. You can see a significant portion right off of Winter Garden/Vineland rd or whatever it's called and Reams Rd. You probably have seen pictures of it, too. Only it looks just like any other industrial park you have seen.

If it is really important to you, keep your eyes open as you use Disney Transportation and drive around - there's plenty enough to see from guest areas. It just is pretty boring and you usually innore or forget most of it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I say post backstage photos - but not so that people can see the magic, but rather see the decay and be upset about it.

Backstage areas are horribly maintained and the CMs work in what could be equated to slums in some areas. Nothing is ever properly cleaned anymore and silly things like suddenly repainting the CM entrance and all the poles in the parking lot to pretend that it's not falling apart shortly before the execs arrive.

Sad stuff like that happens frequently. Someone needs to hold a fire to management's butt and make the backstage areas better for the CMs. It's one thing to not spend a fortune on backstage areas making them more posh then the surroundings - but to never lay down flooring over concrete in the resorts - they're not warehouses and concrete is painful for people's feet - and to never actually steam clean the carpets in your call centers is just cheap.

head mouse

Now this thread is just going in circles.

Maybe it should be locked. We have already heard that backstage is run down. We have already heard WHY some want to see it. It looks like no one is going to post any pics, so now it' s a dead thread.

Motion to lock.

The Mom

Premium Member
Because when people are saying things that contradict your views, and your own position is too weak to stand up to debate, then the only option left is to advocate censorship (aka locking the thread in this case).

Or it could be because this is NOT a debate board. I know that there are a few of you who really enjoy a good debate/argument, but the majority of people who visit here do not, and become uncomfortable with all of the bickering. So, I can either censor, or watch people who used to enjoy posting here leave. And I'm not naming names...yet...but there are a few people around here who seem to be trying to turn every thread into an argument. PLEASE STOP IT, NOW.

As my own mother used to say, "I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom