Back....with tons of media

Woody13

dolbyman said:
it's an IRIVER IFP 899 (1 gig) no moving parts (hdd) so ideal for rough rides ..
724464.jpg

Thank you. That looks like a very nice device. Do you happen to know the specifications of the built-in microphone? Specifically, the frequency response? I've checked the iRiver site but they don't go into very much detail. I even looked at the operators manual and it didn't help either.

Most of the small recorders I've found have lousy built-in microphones. So far, the Sony ICD-ST25 is among the best I've found.

dolbyman

Original Poster
hmm I can't find any spec either most say it's one of the best build in mic in any mp3 player(the quality is good for speech).. but if you like I could do some sample recording .. what you need ? ambiance or speech ?

Dippy Dawg

Does anyone know where is Popkids server, is it down? I would like to see whats on there. Also I have created a slide show from our most recent trip (Easter 05). It is about 30 minutes long and is pictures from the parks and music/sound that I have obtained over the past. How can I share this? Warning this was my first attempt at doing this and I have already redone it in my head, I just do not know when I will have the time to redo it on my 'puter. I used Windows Movie Maker and UlLead's Video Studio.

dolbyman

Original Poster
hi there

two versions of Lights Motors Action are out:

1. (on Disney-Central IRC)
WMV HD
1024 x 576 (had to reduce for file size)
Dolby Headphone
276MB

2.(on Disney-Central Torrent)
DIVX 5
768 x 432
Dolby Digital 5.1 || 224 kb/s (37/ch x 6 ch)
339MB

I hope you enjoy your version of choice :wave:

dolbyman

Original Poster
ok next one is out:

Splash Mountain
768 x 432
Dolby Headphone(be sure to watch it with headphones .. you will be amazed)

as always on my server ..

dolbyman

Original Poster
and another one
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
same specs as above :sohappy:

next one will be ..

Festival of the Lion King .. that one looks *woot*

dolbyman

Original Poster
and the next one is out (doin a monologue here :veryconfu )

Festival of the Lion King
376MB

sorry for the large download but the picutre is like DVD I promise :wave:

if there's demand I could do a smaller version ... is there ?
maybe some sample pics :animwink:
lionking1.jpg

lionking2.jpg

dxwwf3

dolbyman said:
ahh finnally a reaction ..

I'm sure it's a great video and the screenshots look fantastic. But I doubt I'll download this video, because I don't really care that much for the show. I usually go and ride Dinosaur or Kali when my group sees the show. I think it is a great show, but it has ZERO repeat value to me personally. Keep up the great work Dolby. I did like the Big Thunder Mountain video that you put up a couple days ago though.

dolbyman

Original Poster
next one is fresh on my Server and Distro (commin to the tracker soon)
Test Track (incl. Preshow)

specs as always

grab it :wave:

mikebrakes

Dolby,

I know it doesn't get said often enough, but THANKS for the videos. :sohappy: I just watched Test Track and loved it. I'm amazed at the picture quality you get. I use a 8mm video camera that I have to try to upload onto my computer and the quality isn't nearly as good.

I haven't been able to listen through headphones (don't have any), but I still love watching your videos.

I was wondering what video camera you use. I saw you mention it on #D-C but don't remember. I think before my next trip I need to get a digital camera, and would love to get the same quality you get on my videos as well. Once again a big thanks for putting these together and hosting them for us.

dolbyman

Original Poster
thanx for the compliments ... and there is yet much more to come :wave:

I'm using a Panasonic GS400
NV-GS400.jpg

for this size (it's no shoulder cam a you can see) it's the ultimate tool you can get, superb resolution , 3x 1/4,7" ccd's with 1,2megapixels each , and true widescreen filming .. so no cropping of the image afterwards .. all my videos are filmed in real widescreen ..
then progressive or interlaced recording... and you can setup all the stuff you need (white balance, iris f-stops, signal gain, and much more .. )

for the sound I used my binaural mic's (that tend to distort very easy :cry: .next time I spend more than 90$ on the mic's) but I'll replace them soon with better ones .. for my trip to DLRP ( :D )

as additional equip I use a 43mm hama UV filter and for water shots (and 3d videos) a circular polarizer filter .. also from hama ..

all covered with a widescreen lenshud for less indirect light...

the photo function is also great .. you can do slow shutter images with bare hands (like the tower of terror night pic in some other thread here) cause it's got a super optical image stabalizer that is truely amazing ...

so in short .. this camera rocks .. but if you want almost the same quality but with cost of maybe some little less manual controlls .. take the gs250 .. almost the same specs .. but cheaper
NV-GS250.jpg

Salty-

Test Track was awesome! I did laugh though because I could imagine your frustration with the "wandering head" during the preshow.

Festival of the Lion King does indeed look good but only for about the first minute or so, then it always craps out in the same place.

First, I couldn't get it to play in my Windows Media Player (with Divx plugin - how I view all the rest).

So I tried in the Divx player and it always cuts out. I can't even fast forward.
I'd really like to watch but wonder if others had the same problem.

I noticed that you had Spaceship Earth listed twice as some video you had. One of those wouldn't happen to be Mission Space? *crosses fingers*
Regardless, those are two I'd like to see.

Dolbyman, a sincere thank you!

dolbyman

Original Poster
frustration with the "wandering head" during the preshow.
yeah that was quite annyoing :veryconfu

Festival of the Lion King does indeed look good but only for about the first minute or so, then it always craps out in the same place.

the codec is xvid .. be sure to get the latest xvid build :wave:

I noticed that you had Spaceship Earth listed twice as some video you had. One of those wouldn't happen to be Mission Space? *crosses fingers*
Regardless, those are two I'd like to see.

it's listed twice ? whoopsie .. my fault then ..

no mission space is audio only .. I wasn't sure if I would be able to film .. cause of the g forces .. and there isn't really much to film .. I got the outer area and the queue .. but no ride video :eek:

So, how about that USF audio....

yeah have to postprocess this quite heavy .. cause I had a microphone damage without noticing (I got it replaced afterwards).. so I have to switch to mono in some places ... but that needs some work

NemoRocks78

Seized
dolbyman said:
yeah have to postprocess this quite heavy .. cause I had a microphone damage without noticing (I got it replaced afterwards).. so I have to switch to mono in some places ... but that needs some work

Not a problem.....take your time. :wave:

dolbyman

Original Poster
OK

the first two audio files from USF are out ..

Terminator 2 3D
Men in Black The Ride

it's a bit quiet .. but quality is good :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom