Awful guest behavior

bjlc57

I was checking out at the food court in Pop about a month ago.. there was this white woman berating the African American check out girl, who obviously was new.. there were some high school girls across from the woman and THEY TOLD HER TO KNOCK IT OFF.. and she the 40 year old ( approx).. said that " I AM AN ADULT and I can say what ever I want , WHEN EVER I WANT.. " and said that "when you get to be my age, YOU can do it to.. ' and you should learn and respect by example.. and I just said to the high school kids.. and" YES.. that's a prime Bad example.." .. and I talked to the the checkout person ..and told her that she was doing a fine job..

Nick Wilde

I was checking out at the food court in Pop about a month ago.. there was this white woman berating the African American check out girl, who obviously was new.. there were some high school girls across from the woman and THEY TOLD HER TO KNOCK IT OFF.. and she the 40 year old ( approx).. said that " I AM AN ADULT and I can say what ever I want , WHEN EVER I WANT.. " and said that "when you get to be my age, YOU can do it to.. ' and you should learn and respect by example.. and I just said to the high school kids.. and" YES.. that's a prime Bad example.." .. and I talked to the the checkout person ..and told her that she was doing a fine job..
Wait, so what was the importance of mentioning their races? Was she saying racist things?

bjlc57

she was belittling her.. and in a way that it was 'implied" ..that she was "stupid" and what not.. there were a lot of racial overtones.. and like I stated the HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS took offense and told her to stop.. but there was a lot being implied. and you would have had to have been there to see the "LOOK on this SPECIAL GUEST's FACE.. "

jaklgreen

she was belittling her.. and in a way that it was 'implied" ..that she was "stupid" and what not.. there were a lot of racial overtones.. and like I stated the HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS took offense and told her to stop.. but there was a lot being implied. and you would have had to have been there to see the "LOOK on this SPECIAL GUEST's FACE.. "

Trust me when I tell you that people treat all food service workers like they are beneath them regardless of age, race, sex, etc. My husband and I are both smart people and when we had kids we decided that I would stay home with them because we did not want to put them in daycare. My hubby has a good job and is able to support us without me working. When my kids went to school, I did not want to just stay at home so I got a job that gave me the flexibility to be able to get them to school and be off in time to pick them up and not work evenings or weekends. That was at a local café. Nothing about me, the way I look or the way I speak comes across as an idiot. But sure enough, every day someone (usually some stay at home house wife) starts getting nasty with me, and the other employees for no reason. For some reason this society thinks that if you are working in food then you must be too stupid to do anything else and that gives people the idea that they can berate us. I bet most people reading this have gone off on a food worker. Just think about if at your job people came in and started getting nasty and rude with you when all you are trying to do is your job and help them. Then tell me that $9-$10 an hour is worth that. For the most part I brush it off but it does get to a person every once in a while. I just remember that with the money I earn I use to go to WDW. My job is my vacation money.

mf1972

a couple of years back, I overheard a nearby elderly woman on our return bus say how much she hated people from NJ. went on about their attitude, rudeness, etc.
being from NJ, it bothered me a little, but not enough to pick a fight with an older woman. that's not how I was raised.
I simply said to her & her group "we're not all that bad." the look on her face was priceless, lol. don't think she expected anyone from NJ to be near her.
I smiled & told her "we do have a few bad apples, but there's some good people too. everyone has them."
she did apologize, & I told her not to worry. don't know if this qualifies as bad guest behavior, but this experience just popped in my head.

FigmentPigments

I was in Hollywood Studios about 30 minutes before the fireworks, and I was taking pictures over by the ABC studio. I guess they had the lights turned off in preparation for the fireworks because it was darker than I ever remember seeing it. I saw something overhead that I wanted to take a picture of, and when I did, my flash went off. Next thing I know, a couple passed me and said, "I wish I could flash you in the face." I was shocked! I hardly flashed them in the face if my camera was aiming up, and even so, I did not intend to do it maliciously.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Trust me when I tell you that people treat all food service workers like they are beneath them regardless of age, race, sex, etc. My husband and I are both smart people and when we had kids we decided that I would stay home with them because we did not want to put them in daycare. My hubby has a good job and is able to support us without me working. When my kids went to school, I did not want to just stay at home so I got a job that gave me the flexibility to be able to get them to school and be off in time to pick them up and not work evenings or weekends. That was at a local café. Nothing about me, the way I look or the way I speak comes across as an idiot. But sure enough, every day someone (usually some stay at home house wife) starts getting nasty with me, and the other employees for no reason. For some reason this society thinks that if you are working in food then you must be too stupid to do anything else and that gives people the idea that they can berate us. I bet most people reading this have gone off on a food worker. Just think about if at your job people came in and started getting nasty and rude with you when all you are trying to do is your job and help them. Then tell me that $9-$10 an hour is worth that. For the most part I brush it off but it does get to a person every once in a while. I just remember that with the money I earn I use to go to WDW. My job is my vacation money.

The last thing I'd want to do is go off on the person serving me food.....

jaklgreen

The last thing I'd want to do is go off on the person serving me food.....

And its not like I (or others I work with) would do anything to someone's food. But we sure as heck are gonna give you the bare minimum food. Its mostly just the lack of common decency to a fellow human that's just trying to get through the day same as you.

NEmickeyfan

I was on a bus from a DTD hotel and we stopped at the next hotel to pick up more passengers. It was mid morning and there were hardly any people on the bus. At the second hotel, a young couple got on the bus. My seat faced inward and they were in the front row of the forward facing seats so I was almost directly facing them. It was a chilly March morning, and I observed they were in shorts and sandals so I thought maybe they would regret their attire since the evenings get pretty chilly. I admit that I am a people watcher (who isn't at WDW?) so I did make some observations about them. Otherwise, I was trying to see out of the windows since the bus had a wrap on it that made it difficult to see out. I was facing the front of the bus just as we were about to pull into Epcot, when the young man leaned over to me and started berating me. "You have been "F"ing staring at us. You are some sort of "F"ing pervert...and on and on and on. I was so floored I couldn't think of anything to say except "I'm sorry". It bugged me the rest of that trip.... and to this date it sticks in my mind. I have witnessed some bad behavior at WDW, but never anything as mean spirited as the tirade against me that I experienced that day.

Goofyernmost

I was on a bus from a DTD hotel and we stopped at the next hotel to pick up more passengers. It was mid morning and there were hardly any people on the bus. At the second hotel, a young couple got on the bus. My seat faced inward and they were in the front row of the forward facing seats so I was almost directly facing them. It was a chilly March morning, and I observed they were in shorts and sandals so I thought maybe they would regret their attire since the evenings get pretty chilly. I admit that I am a people watcher (who isn't at WDW?) so I did make some observations about them. Otherwise, I was trying to see out of the windows since the bus had a wrap on it that made it difficult to see out. I was facing the front of the bus just as we were about to pull into Epcot, when the young man leaned over to me and started berating me. "You have been "F"ing staring at us. You are some sort of "F"ing pervert...and on and on and on. I was so floored I couldn't think of anything to say except "I'm sorry". It bugged me the rest of that trip.... and to this date it sticks in my mind. I have witnessed some bad behavior at WDW, but never anything as mean spirited as the tirade against me that I experienced that day.
My response to that would be... 'since I had no choice due to the location of the seats then to see you and also considering the fact that I had no thoughts like you are implying, I think it is pretty obvious who the pervert is. Nice way to think about people... did it turn you on pervert?'

Last edited:

RobOttawa

What an unfortunate thing to happen. What did they expect when you have seats that face each other.
I'm sure you have thought of all sorts of great comebacks to tell them since then, but it's a lot harder to think of it on the spot.
I can imagine how you feel, that sort of thing would put a huge damper on the trip. Just try to keep in mind how miserable they must be in their lives.

PrincessRachelT

I had this happen to me yesterday. We (my husband and myself) were in line for Darth Vader, and we had this girl standing in front of us. Well, we get to the front of the line, literally just her and one small family in front of her. All of a sudden, 4 more people get in line with her. Not kids, adults. Adults who had been sitting around while she stood in line. Now, if we had been anything but next in line, or if she would've said "hey, I have a few people coming sorry about that" or if it had only been one person. All that would've been fine! I'm currently pregnant, and while I do get upset easily, my husband was just as annoyed. After a moment, another member of her party got in line with them. At which point I did give them a dirty look and told my husband how I was annoyed. Upon hearing this, the girl who was in front of us first, says very rudely "you can go in front". I was already beyond annoyed at this point, so I said "I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to cheat the line like you"
I just really don't like it when people skip lines like that. It's one thing if you have a kid who needs to go to the restroom, or an elderly person who can't stand like that, but that situation really gets me.

YozhikRoth

I was in Hollywood Studios about 30 minutes before the fireworks, and I was taking pictures over by the ABC studio. I guess they had the lights turned off in preparation for the fireworks because it was darker than I ever remember seeing it. I saw something overhead that I wanted to take a picture of, and when I did, my flash went off. Next thing I know, a couple passed me and said, "I wish I could flash you in the face." I was shocked! I hardly flashed them in the face if my camera was aiming up, and even so, I did not intend to do it maliciously.
It's not just at Disney, I find that people have atrocious manners when it comes to flash photography. How many of my kids concerts have I been to, where parents flash without a second thought. One even, not knowing how his DSLR works, let the flash try to fill the space (basically going off like a strobe). I wish people would take the time to do 15 minutes of research online, and discover that some quick setting changes will allow quality photographs and videos in dark settings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom