Awful guest behavior

NearTheEars

Original Poster
We decided to brave the crowds last night to enjoy the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom on the Fourth. We just paced ourself, endured the rain, and loved the show.

But after ...

We walked over to ride the Haunted Mansion, our favorite, and after the stretching room one fellow would not stop pushing us around the area where it funnels before you make the U-turn before boarding.

My wife mentioned something to the cast member as we boarded.

Right as we got to the clock scene the ride stopped. It remained stopped for about 15 minutes. In that time the same fellow screamed, yelled he was "going to get a free meal out of this," that he was going to "sue the company" and several other things in between more screams.

Soon he began standing up in the doombuggy and began yelling to the rest of his party. Then all of a sudden he jumped out and ran down the hall screaming again. And ran back and jumped in.

I looked at my wife and said, welp, they probably saw that.

A few minutes later a CM with a flashlight came by and asked him if he saw anyone leave their ride vehicle and repeatedly said that everyone was to remain seated. She then came over to us and we told her what had happened and she said she knew and that her coordinator had been alerted.

Thankfully the ride eventually started moving again.

And upon exit a couple of CMs and and couple of security guards were waiting for the gentlemen.

What a terrible experience.

I feel bad if there were any first timers on the ride.

But I'm glad the CMs handled him eventually.

Animaniac93-98

I hate how every idiot has some sort of legal notion in his head that the slightest inconvenience by Disney means he won the jackpot and can sue.

He had to endure the horrors of sitting in an upright position in an air conditioned space for 15 minutes longer than expected. Surely he deserves a free week long pass with accommodation at Grand Floridian, does he not?

;)

Magenta Panther

This may be straying a bit, but it sickens me the way the Mansion ride stops so often. The last time I visited WDW and rode Mansion, it stopped every single time. During one ride, it stopped THREE TIMES. When I got off I went to a CM and asked her about it. She got this pained look on her face and said that they have to stop the ride so that people with wheelchairs and scooters can board.

That ride was never designed to be run like that. Accommodating EVERYONE just ruins the experience for everyone and disrespects the narrative the Imagineers so carefully crafted. It's bad enough everyone is rushed through the foyer and misses the opening narration and the changing portrait, all so that capacity numbers can be met. I think I can safely say that Walt would have a fit over this. He once got mad when he slipped into a Jungle Cruise boat and it went through the ride too fast. He scolded the ride operator, saying "I couldn't tell if I was seeing rhinos or elephants!" and made the ride operators slow it down. How I wish TDO was run by someone WHO CARES AND APPRECIATES THE PARK INSTEAD OF ABUSING THE RIDES AND CHEATING THE GUESTS!

There. Now I feel better.

Flippin'Flounder

This may be straying a bit, but it sickens me the way the Mansion ride stops so often. The last time I visited WDW and rode Mansion, it stopped every single time. During one ride, it stopped THREE TIMES. When I got off I went to a CM and asked her about it. She got this pained look on her face and said that they have to stop the ride so that people with wheelchairs and scooters can board.

That ride was never designed to be run like that. Accommodating EVERYONE just ruins the experience for everyone and disrespects the narrative the Imagineers so carefully crafted. It's bad enough everyone is rushed through the foyer and misses the opening narration and the changing portrait, all so that capacity numbers can be met. I think I can safely say that Walt would have a fit over this. He once got mad when he slipped into a Jungle Cruise boat and it went through the ride too fast. He scolded the ride operator, saying "I couldn't tell if I was seeing rhinos or elephants!" and made the ride operators slow it down. How I wish TDO was run by someone WHO CARES AND APPRECIATES THE PARK INSTEAD OF ABUSING THE RIDES AND CHEATING THE GUESTS!

I've been trying to see the portrait change for 3 years now, as I have never seen it before. I didn't even realize there was an opening narration, I will refuse to miss it next time.

Maelstrom Troll

People never cease to amaze me. I would hope that this would be an isolated incident for this gentleman, but I'm quite sure that this is just how he lives his life. Likewise he has no doubt surrounded himself with other fellow er... fine people who live the same way without any respect for any other person OR their property. People like this ruin things for everyone else.

Goofyernmost

You know what, up until this post, I was ignoring all the "Troll" screams and giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now I can see that they were correct because no one would make a statement like that unless they were actively trying to upset people. So, other then this I am going to just bypass any of your posts. I know it doesn't bother you, but, I am going to feel a lot better.

mattdenine

I really don't know why people go out and act like that. I know I work hard for my money and when I go out with my family I like to enjoy it and not act like a jerk. I hate when people say "I know the law" , "I'm going to sue" or "I paid to be here I can do what I want" all of these statements are ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom