Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

bclane

To me something like A-Force just brings up unnecessary logistical issues that are better left avoided like the ones I pointed out. Just introduce more cool female characters to the overall story like they have been doing for years.

Secret Wars/Invasion would indeed be great.
I’ve worked it out. The boys are all at the newly resurrected Vision’s bachelor party on some far away world. The Girls are with Wanda when all of a sudden...the A-Force is needed to save the day. Epic storytelling at it’s best. Lol!

Wendy Pleakley

Nice comments wendy

I felt it was under utilized though... pretty much it serves it's main purpose of giving Tony a kid.. not much else.

I liked it because it gave real consequences to most of the characters being turned to dust. It's a comic book movie, so you know they're all coming back, but it wasn't the instant reversal one might have expected (see Superman "dying" and then coming back for Justice League super quickly).

I see that as a fallout of Civil War and the accords. This battle was also a conflict for the titans... not puny human interventions. When this went from Loki.. to Thanos.. earth government input pretty much got pushed aside :)

Well, the battle involved Hawkeye and Black Widow, who don't have any super powers per se. This reminds me of one other minor quibble I had - if you're going to split the team up for individual assignments, don't pair up the only two who aren't super human in any way.

Fury could have been around during the planning meetings, if nothing else. It would also have been a good opportunity for him to reunite with Captain Marvel.

I think Tony's calling Steve to the mat handled this appropriately for me. He pretty much says 'its on YOU'.. leaves.. and even when they come crawling back.. he still tells them to pound sand. The use of Potts' approval to bridge the gap and settle Tony's perpetual unease about which life to lead is key. Now, why is that so easy for her, now that she has even MORE at stake? That could be argued as 'too easy'... but I like using her as the 'green light' that allows Tony to shift from conflicted... to determined.

The whole Thanos conflict serves as a great distraction away from people's individual conflicts... it's hard to keep focusing on 1-1 petty things when someone is basically saying 'half the universe is on the line'. That's what works for me for the other minor characters. Tony and Steve are painted as the most 'stubborn' if you want to call it.. and they reach a compromise... rather than simply 'forgiveness'.

Too quickly? They didn’t get along until after the 5 year jump. Tony exploded at Steve when he first got back. I thought it was understandable that they’d bury the hatchet somewhere in those 5 years.

As a viewer I just wanted a little something more between them. I wanted to see the resolution, not have to read between the lines. Even a little moment between them where they acknowledge the crisis supersedes whatever differences they still harbor.

WhatJaneSays

Mike S

Tony Perkis

I think their info is outdated sadly. Guardians 3 is not coming next year.
The article indicates that’s when filming begins, not when it’ll be released.

Either way, I doubt the timetable mentioned in that article is accurate. Gunn is writing and directing The Suicide Squad for a 2021 release, so we may be looking at a Vol. 3 release around 2023.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
2nd viewing was even better, especially the final battle. One of my gripes was that it was a bit chaotic but I think that was just the shock/awe of seeing 11 years all built up to 20 mins. With extra viewings it's easier to sit back and pick up the small details. And there are so many! Watching them charge looked like the comic jumped off the page
05882708d1c8865f948363ac5a6c3eb6.jpg

One thing I don't think gets enough credit is the score -- Marvel isn't known for having the most memorable scores, but Alan Silvestri really nailed this one especially when everyone returns, probably my favorite track in the whole MCU

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yeah I love his take on Cap and I’m hoping this is all just a stunt so that Captain America IV can come out in a few years and make like Five billion dollars. There is always a way to bring him back...

There’s a very easy way...he stayed back in whatever post-WWII year we last saw him in. They could easily do more period pieces and make movies about whatever adventures Cap had in between he went back and then wound up on that bench.

Problem is, no one is stopping a clock for Chris Evans (really, what a shame!) and at 40, he may not want to do it anymore.

Mike S

There’s a very easy way...he stayed back in whatever post-WWII year we last saw him in. They could easily do more period pieces and make movies about whatever adventures Cap had in between he went back and then wound up on that bench.

Problem is, no one is stopping a clock for Chris Evans (really, what a shame!) and at 40, he may not want to do it anymore.
HE’S 40?!?!

Dude looks like he’s in his late 20’s/early 30’s!!!

Tony Perkis

If I recall, Evans wants to slow down on acting and focus more on behind the camera. There’s a reason why you really have only seen him in Snowpiercer outside of the MCU.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
HE’S 40?!?!

Dude looks like he’s in his late 20’s/early 30’s!!!

No, he’s not 40 yet. But by the time they could come up with another period Cap movie, he could be. My point was simply that he’s aging (as we all are) and may not want to do more of these.

This, from someone who spent almost every scene he was in being distracted by thinking, “what a man” <swoon>

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I think they meant when he's 40, he might not want to do it anymore. He is 37 now though, which is crazy!
If I recall, Evans wants to slow down on acting and focus more on behind the camera. There’s a reason why you really have only seen him in Snowpiercer outside of the MCU.

Exactly.

Not only Snowpiercer (very strange but wonderful movie—not sure I could watch it a second time) but also Gifted (I think that’s what it was called) where he plays the uncle/guardian of a child prodigy. Quiet movie, but excellent. Containing several more “what a man” moments. ;)

Edit: yep, movie is called Gifted. 2017. And the young actress who played his niece in that movie is one of the young Carol Danverses in CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom