Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Mike S

Except both hulk and Thanos (both being far greater than the simple human stark) show great effort and strain when the gauntlet is first wielded. Iron Man shows zero strain when the stones mount.

Which she already tried. I mean... how do you get captured when you can quantum jump in a second or two? The whole Clint/Nat tied to Nebula seems forced too... vs them just jumping directly to the planet where the soul stone was.

Please tell me you're eluding to something better than "his dad told him about the place"
The story of the tesseract as what it was.. or even generally acknowledging it was not common knowledge when Howard Stark was killed. What knowledge of Pym did Stark share with his basically minor kid? Tony Stark seems to have limited (none?) knowledge of Pym and Ant-man tech prior to Scott Lang.
Tony said “I don’t know how I know but I know” or something to that effect. Maybe he didn’t specifically talk to Tony about these things but it’s not unreasonable to think that Tony could still hear about them. Is it convenient? Yes.

It’s also a movie.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tony said “I don’t know how I know but I know” or something to that effect. Maybe he didn’t specifically talk to Tony about these things but it’s not unreasonable to think that Tony could still hear about them. Is it convenient? Yes.

It’s also a movie.

Which is supposed to be a form of story telling... which we can still judge as effective or not :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’s literally the most minuscule detail though. Not some huge thing with ramifications for the logic of an entire franchise like some other films do.

Or.. is it the kind of stuff given a pass simply because people were gifted bigger prizes with the film? :) Everyone is oogling over how all their heros get their wrap ups and such. I think the film is getting a lot of leaway simply because it's finally handing out the trophies everyone has been waiting so desperately for.

Seriously.. we had to watch Thor go through his relive the past... followed by Tony... Followed by Capn America... nearly all back to back. Come on.. it was so cliche.

Oh and I forgot these.. is the kid on the bike in san francisco significant? He would seem so..

And the lone kid at the funeral...?? That one is explained here. Kinda lame IMO - https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-spoilers-lone-kid-ending-explained/

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Or.. is it the kind of stuff given a pass simply because people were gifted bigger prizes with the film? :) Everyone is oogling over how all their heros get their wrap ups and such. I think the film is getting a lot of leaway simply because it's finally handing out the trophies everyone has been waiting so desperately for.

Seriously.. we had to watch Thor go through his relive the past... followed by Tony... Followed by Capn America... nearly all back to back. Come on.. it was so cliche.

Oh and I forgot these.. is the kid on the bike in san francisco significant? He would seem so..

And the lone kid at the funeral...?? That one is explained here. Kinda lame IMO - https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-spoilers-lone-kid-ending-explained/
It was 3 hours of fan service. I think your opinion of the movie will vary based on how much you wanted/appreciate fan service.

Edit to add....

I loved it. After 11 years and 20+ movies, this was as satisfying as satisfying gets for me.

Mike S

The kid on the bike was just a kid on a bike sad about the snap. That’s all he needed to be.

And yes people liked it for the hero send offs. Why is that such a bad thing? Would you have preferred a subversion of expectations where they didn’t get satisfying endings in Tony and Steve’s case?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Best moments for me...

Captain picking up the hammer...
rocket's 'boom' joke
the driving into town scene with hulk in the truck bed
Hemsworth's play in the final scene with starlord
The moment when Scott Lang sees the incoming missiles
Scott Lang getting snubbed by the kid
When they cut away from Starlord's version of singing+music to what other people see/hear
"I went for the head" callback

flynnibus

Premium Member
And yes people liked it for the hero send offs. Why is that such a bad thing? Would you have preferred a subversion of expectations where they didn’t get satisfying endings in Tony and Steve’s case?

No, I just don't think throwing candy excuses bad behavior. Getting their trophies are fine.. I'm just saying don't give a pass to junk simply because you were given what you begged for.

Did the scene with Captn creeping Margaret advance what we knew about how he felt for her at all, or what he would do for her? No
Did the scene with Tony talking with his dad advance anything? Not really.. Tony had already made the revelation about what was important to him and had already come to terms with his father. The turning them away at the house, Potts moment on the couch, and Starks 'terms' when he goes back to Avengers HQ setup everything you need to know.

The Thor scene at least had purpose.. even if the whole "Thor is broken..." plot wasn't really all that convincing but was a necessary setup for him chosing the GoTG3 path. I don't think they sold it very well.. but at least the screen time moved the story along.

spacemt354

Chili's
Please tell me you're eluding to something better than "his dad told him about the place"
The story of the tesseract as what it was.. or even generally acknowledging it was not common knowledge when Howard Stark was killed. What knowledge of Pym did Stark share with his basically minor kid? Tony Stark seems to have limited (none?) knowledge of Pym and Ant-man tech prior to Scott Lang.
In Iron Man 2 he had his dad's research notebook from the 1970s since the Stark Expo was in 1974. And then in The Avengers he also hacked S.H.I.E.L.Ds files about the Tesseract -- it's not out of the realm of possibility that he knew it would be there based on his prior research. He just didn't need the info until that moment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s literally the most minuscule detail though. Not some huge thing with ramifications for the logic of an entire franchise like some other films do.

I’m not even sure the horse can feel all the tiny burrs under people’s saddles with this?

These are likely the same people who thought the worlds dumbest car chase in space with a gas tank in the last Johnson was a good idea 😳

Weather_Lady

How was Captain America able to use Thors Hammer?

(Sorry if someone already mentioned this -- I didn't read all the subsequent discussion). FWIW, the fact that Captain America is worthy to wield Mjolnir wasn't the invention of the filmmakers: it comes straight out of the comic books.

thor-390-2.jpg

thor-390-3.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom