Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Quinnmac000

1st hour was so boring. It dragged on too far with the exposition and unnecessary low brow humor that no one in my theatre even laughed at such as the fortnight online gamer scene. The second hour gets really fun once they add the time travel element but that same element became totally confusing because they are changing the past and meeting themselves with no effect on the future. (though how does that work with 2 Cap Americas). Secondly if all the stones get reset, Black Widow should've returned. You had a end battle where none of the good guys were actually killed in battle yet the iron man sacrifices himself.

Thanos became a super generic villain vs his amazing portrayal in Infinity War. It was just meh.

remy62

Seen Wednesday.
A film with many, but really many flaws and inconsistencies, and big failures (ex: humor). Judging it as a film: It’s very average.
BUT: Loved it !!
This is THE ultimate film for all fans of Marvel or just MCU, which almost perfectly concludes this first chapter.

And now, SPOILER

For Thor, the joke is two minutes, but then... um. Transformed one of the most powerful and badass Avengers into a loser of Guardians (or "Asguardians") of the galaxy, personally it es me off.

Disappointed by the treatment of certain characters, in particular Black Widow. Only his death is well brought and moving.

And speaking of emotion:
My God these last 30 minutes !!!
- Captain who becomes worthy of raising the Mjöllnir.
- The Thor/Captain/Iron Man vs Thanos fight.
- The Stark snap with "I am Iron Man".
- The return of Strange and absolutely all the heroes who died by the Thanos snap.
- Thanos deploying all its troops.
And above all : Captain who says "Avengers : Assemble" with the music of Alan Silvestri... The thrills !!!
I’m looking forward to the release of the Original Band tomorrow. 😍

A good ending also for Iron Man and Captain.
Otherwise I was expecting more deaths (by the way the final battle that made absolutely no deaths => very cheap!).

After that is not perfect. I think that 10/ 15 minutes more at the climax and 30 minutes less sketch would have been appreciable.
I also expected a huge Twist of Thanos at the end, but eventually not.

As an entertainment movie, it’s pretty good.
As a film for fans: enjoyable, incredible (but not flawless).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1st hour was so boring. It dragged on too far with the exposition and unnecessary low brow humor that no one in my theatre even laughed at such as the fortnight online gamer scene. The second hour gets really fun once they add the time travel element but that same element became totally confusing because they are changing the past and meeting themselves with no effect on the future. (though how does that work with 2 Cap Americas). Secondly if all the stones get reset, Black Widow should've returned. You had a end battle where none of the good guys were actually killed in battle yet the iron man sacrifices himself.

Thanos became a super generic villain vs his amazing portrayal in Infinity War. It was just meh.

Honestly...it sounds like they borrowed lucasfilms writers...

If they made a 3 hour movie with that much nonsense...I don’t see the point?

The humor angle on action franchises needs to end. We know they’re silly concepts...part of the escapism or movies is the ability to indulge in the myth. There’s no need to drive it home to the audience again and again that it is silly.

Quinnmac000

Honestly...it sounds like they borrowed lucasfilms writers...

If they made a 3 hour movie with that much nonsense...I don’t see the point?

The humor angle on action franchises needs to end. We know they’re silly concepts...part of the escapism or movies is the ability to indulge in the myth. There’s no need to drive it home to the audience again and again that it is silly.

I'm glad I saw it and it was really a lot of effort put in by everyone. The execution was the flaw though....if they spent a little bit more time in the cutting and editing room would have made a huge difference for me.

LSLS

I really like this. Not sure I liked it more than infinity wars, but it felt like the perfect ending. If you want the comparisson to jedi, this did a great job blending nostalgia while actually building to a satisfying conclusion, where jedi, well, yeah.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really like this. Not sure I liked it more than infinity wars, but it felt like the perfect ending. If you want the comparisson to jedi, this did a great job blending nostalgia while actually building to a satisfying conclusion, where jedi, well, yeah.

You just happened to name my favorite movie ever...

Flaws aside...it was a visual spectacle - still had significant character development - and ensured a legacy that lasted decades

Mike S

Wow. What the heck did they do to Thor!!! It was funny and I appreciated the jokes (I play Fortnite and there’s currently a crossover event so I get the reference) but really? I think they really overdid it. He could’ve been drunk without being fat and stupid like Valkyrie was able to be in Ragnarok. Also I think it’s a missed opportunity that they just explained away Professor Hulk in just a few seconds. The end battle was amazing but like someone else said Thanos is nowhere near as good as he was in Infinity War. A lot of other stuff is weird just because of the time travel aspect and how they explained it. In the movie they said they were doing it in a way that they were going to different realities and weren’t directly affecting their own future where Thanos did the snap. So, how did Cap grow old and end up in that same future?

The tone also was a little all over the place. IW had such a feeling of dread over it that wasn’t replicated here. I enjoyed the movie but it’s not what I was expecting.

Btw, thanks to an idiot in a Fortnite Twitter thread about the game getting Black Widow I was spoiled on exactly how she died (Gamora did it better btw). I would’ve assumed it anyway when they said what Stone they were going after but still.

Tony’s death is what the google search bar ruined but I didn’t know how it would happen. That was just epic but I still hate that it was spoiled. I would’ve preferred if I went in still assuming Cap was the one to die.

Last edited:

LSLS

Wow. What the heck did they do to Thor!!! It was funny and I appreciated the jokes (I play Fortnite and there’s currently a crossover event so I get the reference) but really? I think they really overdid it. He could’ve been drunk without being fat like Valkyrie was in Ragnarok. Also I think it’s a missed opportunity that they just explained away Professor Hulk in just a few seconds. The end battle was amazing but like someone else said Thanos is nowhere near as good as he was in Infinity War. A lot of other stuff is weird just because of the time travel aspect and how they explained it. In the movie they said they were doing it in a way that they were going to different realities and weren’t directly affecting their own future where Thanos did the snap. So, how did Cap grow old and end up in that same future?

The tone also was a little all over the place. IW had such a feeling of dread over it that wasn’t replicated here. I enjoyed the movie but it’s not what I was expecting.

Btw, thanks to an idiot in a Fortnite Twitter thread about the game getting Black Widow I was spoiled on exactly how she died (Gamora did it better btw). I would’ve assumed it anyway when they said what Stone they were going after but still.

Tony’s death is what the google search bar ruined but I didn’t know how it would happen. That was just epic but I still hate that it was spoiled. I would’ve preferred if I went in still assuming Cap was the one to die.

Yeah cap coming back old was strange to me. But you know what, right guy used the gauntlet, it was epic, it had a ton of fun, I'm in on it. Not where infinity was, but it was still great. The one thing I like with thor is I see no way this is his finale like it was for the other 2.

Mike S

Yeah cap coming back old was strange to me. But you know what, right guy used the gauntlet, it was epic, it had a ton of fun, I'm in on it. Not where infinity was, but it was still great. The one thing I like with thor is I see no way this is his 3nd lole it was for the other 2.
I just hope if he’s in Guardians 3 he’s back to his old self. This movie took what Ragnarok did and took it way too far but thankfully he still got his BA fight scenes.

“BRING ME THANOS!!!” still wasn’t topped though.

LSLS

I just hope if he’s in Guardians 3 he’s back to his old self. This movie took what Ragnarok did and took it way too far but thankfully he still got his BA fight scenes.

“BRING ME THANOS!!!” still wasn’t topped though.

Yeah my worry is it's for guardians 3, I really have no desire to see that one at alll.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Russo’s weren’t gonna do Cap.

Wasn’t happening...for personal reasons: any inclusion of Hayley atwell is worth the price.

Thing about Downey is he was heading to jack sparrow territory anyway...10 movie appearances was getting too much.

They can undo Thor if Disney wants to pay hemsworth. Not a big deal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom