Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

George Lucas on a Bench

This suggests Rocket Rods and Superstar Limo succeeded in their categories as thrill ride and dark ride respectively. They absolutely blew it. Web Slinger does succeed as 3D video game ride and expanded the category for Disney with gesture controls. The only thing not shown on YouTube is people using the new accessories for extra points. I will be watching for those.

20210604_191125.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Seems like the ride is underwhelming (dont wanna watch videos but just from reactions) but I did see a lot of footage of the...atmosphere...and I'm jealous! GE should have had this type of thing times 10. The flying Spiderman. The characters rappelling off the walls. Just the sheer number of characters interacting. GE should have had droids, aliens, stunts....all sorts of stuff. I hope this wasnt all for the opening and in 1 month its just a photo op with spiderman giving a peace sign in lieu of all this.

That's my biggest concern, since it's one of the better aspects of the land.

Having that many characters/stunt people/equity(?) doing back-to-back sets must be expensive for ops.

No Name

It's good to see the ride isn't actually awkwardly silent.

One of my favorite attractions is TSMM, and that opinion doesn't usually fly well around here, but hey, I love it. So it may not be surprising that, from what I've seen, I'd say it's looking like a fairly solid attraction I'll enjoy. In particular, I like the STEM tech expo kind of angle, I like the fact that each scene takes place in a different part of the land, and I like how the web slinging can interact with the stage instead of just the spider bots. I wish the dialogue was a little more clever, I wish Tony Stark was dead, and I wish the ending of the ride made sense. The preshow explains that some malfunction is causing the individual spider bots to keep replicating, but then at the end there's randomly a big boss spider bot, and then defeating it just solves the problem? HUH? Imagineering is good at consistent details these days but seems to have trouble executing a compelling story.

Hoping to go to the area and ride it in person soon.

Giss Neric

They should work on the pacing from the time Peter enters to get ready to fly to the actual flying time. The post flight to him re-appearing, swinging, crawling and finally going to his meet and greet spot was great.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
but then at the end there's randomly a big boss spider bot, and then defeating it just solves the problem?

When you are in the Pym section of the ride, you can see one of the spider bots gets enlarged by the Pym/Ant Man tech. That explains the big spider... The overall objective is that you are trying to capture/stop all of the escaped spiders. The assumption is that with the defeat of the final big spider, you have got the last of the spider bots (or at least that's what I'm assuming based on what I've seen)...

ThreadMaster5

No problem with Metal, just don't like bad metal. And I didn't dislike it because "it too hard for me," but because it lacked craft or skill and was just bad. Same with Mission BO. Its just loud and obnoxious. The Rocket AA is cool (I wish he wasn't shoved into the top corner of a small room), but the rest of the queue and the ride are devoid of Disney's usual attention to detail and storytelling.
LOL okay bud sure. you keep doing you hahahahaha

ThreadMaster5

If the e-ticket opened with the rest I'd still think it would be half baked. Universal is going back to their A game with stuff like Pets, Jurassic World's new finale, Velociptocoaster all in one year. Meanwhile Disney opened a land that features 3 clones, 2 of those clones (webslingers and Breakout) have better experiences elsewhere. And in the case of webslingers within the same park. What a disaster, makes me wonder if I should just jump ship full time to becoming a Universal fan.
id say yes because if this is A game, well i guess your satisfied with just okay stuff

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 77

Mickeyboof

Anyone attempting day 2 of Avenger’s Campus?

The park has been open for 45 minutes and the two mobile order locations seem to be already booked up for the day…?

When does mobile order begin? 6am? Pretty ridiculous.

SoCalDisneyLover

Seems like the ride is underwhelming (dont wanna watch videos but just from reactions) but I did see a lot of footage of the...atmosphere...and I'm jealous! GE should have had this type of thing times 10. The flying Spiderman. The characters rappelling off the walls. Just the sheer number of characters interacting. GE should have had droids, aliens, stunts....all sorts of stuff. I hope this wasnt all for the opening and in 1 month its just a photo op with spiderman giving a peace sign in lieu of all this.
If we're lucky he'll be giving a peace sign.

It's a great idea if they continue it. The cynic in me says it will be scaled way back, at the very least. Hopefully not, but we'll see. Otherwise it becomes an area with a "D" ticket attraction, plenty of food and merch, and an "E" ticket that's essentially 17 years old. The fact it has meet and greets really makes it no different than any other part of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom