Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

King Arthur's Carrousel is a time machine, and each dark ride exists in a separate pocket dimension. Isn't it obvious? ;)
No. THIS is a Time Machine

1621650777319.png

CaptinEO

The Alternate Universe thing isn't going to affect the land at all though. It only exists to shut up the nitpickers, something to get journalists talking, and (possibly) give them more creative freedom with Marvel who may otherwise block certain aspects.

I guarantee you that the alternate universe aspect is going to affect the land as much as Benny the Cab suddenly having 30 brothers all named Lenny in the Roger Rabbit ride.
But it doesn't shut anyone up. They should
just not bother trying to place the land into a realistic story, cause at the end of the day it's a themepark.

CaptinEO

The land itself is supposed to be set shortly after the events of TLJ I believe, because they reference the events of RotR in TRoS (it's supposed to explain why the First Order experiences some major losses prior to TRoS).

My understanding of Vi is that her character was developed in a series of novels as a Resistance spy, and it was decided afterwards her character would appear in Batuu. She's caught in a stupid situation though; she would've made sense in the context of the land had they actually put in the other streetmosphere characters as they proposed. It's like the Buena Vista Street citizens except all we got was the lady with the dog.

(Also, note that I completely dislike everything about the time lock and I'm glad it seems like they don't care about it anymore. 😂)
That's really interesting about Vi. I didnt know they referenced Rise of the Resistance in Rise of Skywalker, when did that part happen?

If so that's actually pretty cool.

Good compairson with Buena Vista St. Star Wars Land was so minimal vs what they promised, one small ride and only a few characters. No actors besides cashiers and photographers, no quests. No interactivity.

DanielBB8

Except Disney officially says it is. The imagineer responsible for it says so in a Disney Blog post.

That the Collector imprisons the Guardians to display like some animals is completely different than the Collector's relationship with the Guardians in the MCU. This is not a different part of a timeline, it's a different canon.
The Disney has said the Avengers Campus is completely inclusive. As for Mission Breakout, I never felt it conflicted with the Guardians movie. In fact, it’s within the canon of the character, not different canon.
“ The Collector appeared in the Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. animated series, voiced by Jeff Bennett.[28][29] In his self-titled episode, the Collector arrived on Earth to abduct most of Earth's heroes for his collection, but his plans are foiled by the agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Spider-Man.”
“Avengers Campus will be a living, breathing land that’s forward-looking and incorporate not just films that have already been released, but stories yet to be told. This is something new for the Imagineers, Drake shares, noting, “It takes a lot of trust from our whole organization to say, hey, we’re going to start building this building. But the story, we’re going to wait on until we know the full series of what’s happening with all the Disney+ shows. So that’s definitely been the dynamic part of this. These lands start multiple years ahead of time. We have to commit to what are those core values we want to have, knowing we want to pepper in all of these fun Easter eggs, all of these different story twists along the way.”

“Speaking of vast, the Imagineers had 80 years of comics and more than a decade of films to draw upon as they determined what lies at the heart of Avengers Campus. WDI staff writer Jillian Pagan explains, “As we were starting with Avengers Campus, we took a look at the films and the comics and we took a look at those characters and realized that the core of the Avengers universe—the core themes—are heroism, optimism, and empowerment. So we are trying to stretch those themes across every activation of the land.”

No Name

So the black captain america gets a worse area and doesn't get any exposure in the new Avengers area?

That seems pretty wrong to me, like saying its not the "real" Captain America.
Sam Wilson doesn’t become Cap until 2023 in the MCU.

It’s 2021.

The real reason is the fact that Sam has been Cap in the suit for one episode of one TV show, whereas Steve was in 11 movies, so most people still identify Cap with Steve. That’ll change in the coming years, especially once Cap 4 comes out, but that’s not the case today.

britain

The other reason for the alternate timeline thing (besides being able to address nerd guests) is for WDI to inoculate themselves against any advice/demands from Marvel Studio executives. I suspect this may be one of the things learned the hard way from WDI’s experience with the Lucasfilm Story Group.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Sam Wilson doesn’t become Cap until 2023 in the MCU.

It’s 2021.

The real reason is the fact that Sam has been Cap in the suit for one episode of one TV show, whereas Steve was in 11 movies, so most people still identify Cap with Steve. That’ll change in the coming years, especially once Cap 4 comes out, but that’s not the case today.
Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

waltography

That's really interesting about Vi. I didnt know they referenced Rise of the Resistance in Rise of Skywalker, when did that part happen?

If so that's actually pretty cool.

Good compairson with Buena Vista St. Star Wars Land was so minimal vs what they promised, one small ride and only a few characters. No actors besides cashiers and photographers, no quests. No interactivity.
On Rise of the Resistance, the Star Destroyer we're on is the Finalizer, which was supposed to be Kylo's flagship in his campaign; by the end of the ride, the Finalizer sustains heavy damage, and so Kylo transfers command to the Steadfast (which we see him in Rise of Skywalker).

The way we see Hux in TRoS and the reveal that he became a Resistance spy is also explained in part by the events of RotR - when Hux moved to the Steadfast, he was removed from his position in charge, likely because he was in charge of the Finalizer when everything went down in RotR and Kylo blames him.

In theory, it's all pretty cool and a great example of the story being presented in different mediums. I just wish they didn't carry the same time lock mentality to the rest of the land.

Disney Analyst

I don't know if it's been said here. They have previews next week for AC and a few friends going have mentioned in their emails they received, mention the use of virtual queue for web. If they're doing that for previews, makes you wonder if it'll open with that as well. Could be just a test in case they need it?

They’ll probably use virtual queue as it’s a new ride and they can’t do indoor queuing until June 15th. Not a lot of outside queue space available apart from maybe a 30 minute line.

dlr74

There should be virtual queue for WEB and Guardians beginning June 4th. Joining Indy and ROTR that will make four attractions using virtual queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom