Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Exactly; it doesn't! The MTPU is a way to free designers from being time locked by the events of the MCU, which is the exact problem Imagineers cornered themselves in when developing SWGE.
I was going to comment the same thing, but you always beat me to it. 😜

Perhaps the Imagineers learned their lesson in opening up SW:GE locked in a timeline where there is no Luke, Leia, and Han and wanted AC to open with the familiar characters we've grown to love over the past 10 years. Empty poo allows them to do that by removing the snap.

I have a feeling as Phase 4 starts to roll out we will start seeing more characters introduced in the land. Steve Rogers was Captain America for 10 years. Sam Wilson for 10 minutes. I'm sure once his movie comes out and he's more established as Cap. they will make the switch in the land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Am I the only one who pronounces MTPU “empty poo”?

You mean like this...
1621618523146.png

Or like this....?
1621618550088.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't it racists of them to be using Old White Capt America in this land when Capt America is now black and flys with wings? Capt is old now and retired. Why does he get to be in the land or Sam?
Good try ginning up a "Disney's a hypocrite about inclusivity" controversy...
And if you’re visiting Disney California Adventure park in the near future, spread those wings and fly on over to Hollywood Land for an updated photo opp featuring Sam Wilson’s new Captain America look! Stay tuned for even more merchandise inspired by the latest Disney+ shows and catch up with all six episodes of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” streaming now exclusively on Disney+.​

CaptinEO

Good try ginning up a "Disney's a hypocrite about inclusivity" controversy...
And if you’re visiting Disney California Adventure park in the near future, spread those wings and fly on over to Hollywood Land for an updated photo opp featuring Sam Wilson’s new Captain America look! Stay tuned for even more merchandise inspired by the latest Disney+ shows and catch up with all six episodes of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” streaming now exclusively on Disney+.​

So the black captain america gets a worse area and doesn't get any exposure in the new Avengers area?

That seems pretty wrong to me, like saying its not the "real" Captain America.

waltography

So the black captain america gets a worse area and doesn't get any exposure in the new Avengers area?

That seems pretty wrong to me, like saying its not the "real" Captain America.
There's no Sam Wilson face character in Hollywoodland. It's just a static photo op like they did with WandaVision. The blog was never advertising a face character, it was simply stating a color scheme change on the wings in the photo op to fit his transition from Falcon to Cap.

Fixed that for you.
Same thing. 😂 They cornered themselves into the time lock with the LARP elements they initially wanted for the land; when the LARP elements went away, there was no reason for the time lock.

CaptinEO

Does it really matter that Avenger's Campus takes place in an alternate universe, when the MCU is considered just one of many alternate universes present in the entire Marvel Universe?
Yes because the whole concept that it needs to exist in a separate Universe is stupid. They should just make the rides and land and not care about any of that stuff. It's a failing battle when they try to fit this stuff into the story.

It's just as stupid as saying the Alice In Wonderland Ride has to take place in an alternate universe from Alice In Wonderland.

CaptinEO

There's no Sam Wilson face character in Hollywoodland. It's just a static photo op like they did with WandaVision. The blog was never advertising a face character, it was simply stating a color scheme change on the wings in the photo op to fit his transition from Falcon to Cap.

Same thing. 😂 They cornered themselves into the time lock with the LARP elements they initially wanted for the land; when the LARP elements went away, there was no reason for the time lock.
Hmm I was under the impression that the actors and what not were just random characters. Were their stories supposed to tie into the Star Wars timeline in some way?

smooch

I don't understand this entire Captain America debate. In SWGE we didn't get any OT characters and people here criticized Disney for putting in their own IP characters only. Yet when Disney puts in the original Captain America of the MCU who we have watched for 10 years and will likely have more recognition from guests as Captain America then someone tries to twist it and complain they're not using the new Captain America and then tries to tie it to Sam being black and calling Disney a hypocrite for diversity? I can guarantee if the Sam version of Captain America was being used for the main version of Captain America then there would be complaints of why they're using the new version and not the one everyone has known for over a decade. There are lots of aspects of this MTPU that we can discuss that are interesting but this is not one of them, this is simply baiting out reactions with the whole "Disney is racist" narrative because they happened to use the most commonly known version of Captain America who happens to be white and are introducing the brand new Captain America who happens to be black in a more incremental way, perhaps to avoid the exact criticism posted by these same people / many people online that they received for only including their new, not longstanding / popular original characters in SWGE.

Anyways, I think there are a lot of food / drink options I saw that I want to try, but it is kinda crazy to me that the sandwich is $100 but feeds 6-8 people, I am curious how much they think each portion is because I would be amazed how large a sandwich that actually feeds 6-8 people is. I'm excited to see the land once it opens and I'm able to take a trip down, I haven't even gone since SWGE opened so I have a lot of new stuff to see and I am really excited for AC from what I've seen so far.

Sharon&Susan

Yes because the whole concept that it needs to exist in a separate Universe is stupid. They should just make the rides and land and not care about any of that stuff. It's a failing battle when they try to fit this stuff into the story.

It's just as stupid as saying the Alice In Wonderland Ride has to take place in an alternate universe from Alice In Wonderland.
The Alternate Universe thing isn't going to affect the land at all though. It only exists to shut up the nitpickers, something to get journalists talking, and (possibly) give them more creative freedom with Marvel who may otherwise block certain aspects.

I guarantee you that the alternate universe aspect is going to affect the land as much as Benny the Cab suddenly having 30 brothers all named Lenny in the Roger Rabbit ride.

waltography

Hmm I was under the impression that the actors and what not were just random characters. Were their stories supposed to tie into the Star Wars timeline in some way?
The land itself is supposed to be set shortly after the events of TLJ I believe, because they reference the events of RotR in TRoS (it's supposed to explain why the First Order experiences some major losses prior to TRoS).

My understanding of Vi is that her character was developed in a series of novels as a Resistance spy, and it was decided afterwards her character would appear in Batuu. She's caught in a stupid situation though; she would've made sense in the context of the land had they actually put in the other streetmosphere characters as they proposed. It's like the Buena Vista Street citizens except all we got was the lady with the dog.

(Also, note that I completely dislike everything about the time lock and I'm glad it seems like they don't care about it anymore. 😂)

Californian Elitist

I don't understand this entire Captain America debate. In SWGE we didn't get any OT characters and people here criticized Disney for putting in their own IP characters only. Yet when Disney puts in the original Captain America of the MCU who we have watched for 10 years and will likely have more recognition from guests as Captain America then someone tries to twist it and complain they're not using the new Captain America and then tries to tie it to Sam being black and calling Disney a hypocrite for diversity? I can guarantee if the Sam version of Captain America was being used for the main version of Captain America then there would be complaints of why they're using the new version and not the one everyone has known for over a decade. There are lots of aspects of this MTPU that we can discuss that are interesting but this is not one of them, this is simply baiting out reactions with the whole "Disney is racist" narrative because they happened to use the most commonly known version of Captain America who happens to be white and are introducing the brand new Captain America who happens to be black in a more incremental way, perhaps to avoid the exact criticism posted by these same people / many people online that they received for only including their new, not longstanding / popular original characters in SWGE.

Anyways, I think there are a lot of food / drink options I saw that I want to try, but it is kinda crazy to me that the sandwich is $100 but feeds 6-8 people, I am curious how much they think each portion is because I would be amazed how large a sandwich that actually feeds 6-8 people is. I'm excited to see the land once it opens and I'm able to take a trip down, I haven't even gone since SWGE opened so I have a lot of new stuff to see and I am really excited for AC from what I've seen so far.
I’m also curious about the size of the sandwich. I would imagine that most Americans don’t eat small servings of sandwiches. Many of us can eat a 6+ inch sandwich at once. So are we thinking a 36-50 inch sandwich? So $12+ for probably a 6-inch sub/sandwich, no chips or drink included. And people will probably still be hungry afterwards lol.

I think I’m good.

DanielBB8

Does it really matter that Avenger's Campus takes place in an alternate universe, when the MCU is considered just one of many alternate universes present in the entire Marvel Universe?
Except that it’s not in an alternate universe. They placed it on the pre-Thanos snap universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom