Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

waltography

I’m also curious about the size of the sandwich. I would imagine that most Americans don’t eat small servings of sandwiches. Many of us can eat a 6+ inch sandwich at once. So are we thinking a 36-50 inch sandwich? So $12+ for probably a 6-inch sub/sandwich, no chips or drink included. And people will probably still be hungry afterwards lol.

I think I’m good.
I can't imagine it'll be worth the money at all; they charge $40+ for a large pizza at Alien Pizza Planet, after all.

SSG

It would be awesome if two vloggers filmed themselves eating this giant sandwich Lady and the Tramp style.

Lady And The Tramp Love GIF

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Good try ginning up a "Disney's a hypocrite about inclusivity" controversy...
And if you’re visiting Disney California Adventure park in the near future, spread those wings and fly on over to Hollywood Land for an updated photo opp featuring Sam Wilson’s new Captain America look! Stay tuned for even more merchandise inspired by the latest Disney+ shows and catch up with all six episodes of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” streaming now exclusively on Disney+.​

This does not say he is in Avenger's Campus does it? I still win again.

Castle Cake Apologist

then why is Tom Holland's MCU Spider-Man the basis for the Spidey ride and why are they featuring Bednedict Cabbagepatch's version of Dr. Strange for the meet and greet show and why did they make a cup holder shaped like Iron Man's Infinity Glove from ENDGAME? I win.

Ughhhh Why do you end so many posts with some variation of "I win"? It's exhausting. This is a discussion forum, not a video game. Nobody wins! It's wild that your profile says you're 38, but you constantly act like a petty argumentative teenager.

It has been officially stated multiple times in multiple places by both Disney and Marvel that the MCU and the MTPU are different and exist in different canons. It's not exactly a new concept for a media franchise, ESPECIALLY MARVEL, to have various separate canons featuring interchangeable characters.

EDIT: OMG you literally posted like three more posts after with the same nonsense thing! And now you've tried to mix casual accusations of racism in?! And I'm SURE if they had gone with the new Cap, you wouldn't have had ANY opinions about "woke Disney" not using the classic familiar charactersm right? :rolleyes: At least you're consistent I guess, but it truly is so EXHAUSTING.

Another Edit: It's also truly incredible to me how much effort you expend complaining about the time-lock on Galaxy's Edge, but then also come in here and spread your usual drivel about the very thing that is keeping this land from being time-locked, which is the separate distinct canon. Make up your mind. And like, I hate almost literally everything modern Disney is doing. I even really don't think CAMPUS looks great at all, but it's just way. too. much. with you.

This post brought to you by two bottles of merlot. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Ughhhh Why do you end so many posts with some variation of "I win"? It's exhausting. This is a discussion forum, not a video game. Nobody wins! It's wild that your profile says you're 38, but you constantly act like a petty argumentative teenager.

It has been officially stated multiple times in multiple places by both Disney and Marvel that the MCU and the MTPU are different and exist in different canons. It's not exactly a new concept for a media franchise, ESPECIALLY MARVEL, to have various separate canons featuring interchangeable characters.

EDIT: OMG you literally posted like three more posts after with the same nonsense thing! And now you've tried to mix casual accusations of racism in?! At least you're consistent I guess, but it truly is so EXHAUSTING.

Another Edit: It's also truly incredible to me how much effort you expend complaining about the time-lock on Galaxy's Edge, but then also come in here and spread your usual drivel about the very thing that is keeping this land from being time-locked, which is the separate distinct canon. Make up your mind. And like, I hate almost literally everything modern Disney is doing. I even really don't think CAMPUS looks great at all, but it's just way. too. much. with you.

This post brought to you by two bottles of merlot. 🤷‍♂️
Ok.

Professortango1

I guarantee you that the alternate universe aspect is going to affect the land as much as Benny the Cab suddenly having 30 brothers all named Lenny in the Roger Rabbit ride.
As a kid when the ride opened, I remember being so confused because I thought the cab was named "Benny" and figured I had been misremembering because the ride has "Lenny." It wasn't until decades later I went: "ooooh. That's stupid."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except that it’s not in an alternate universe. They placed it on the pre-Thanos snap universe.

Except Disney officially says it is. The imagineer responsible for it says so in a Disney Blog post.

That the Collector imprisons the Guardians to display like some animals is completely different than the Collector's relationship with the Guardians in the MCU. This is not a different part of a timeline, it's a different canon.

MarvelCharacterNerd

The land is still based on the stories and characters from the MCU, just not based within Earth 616. It is its own timeline, its own universe in the overall multiverse. Think of it as a mostly parallel universe, but a timeline where the Snap or the Blip never happened. Tony Stark and Black Widow still live and Henry Pym likes to play with food.

Edit: Spelling is hard...
#nerdalert

Earth-616 is comics. MCU is Earth-199999 I think? So MTPU is probably like Earth-109999 or something (no idea its assigned number yet but it's probably something close but different than the MCU).

As to the Cap debate -
1621647452724.png

britain

It’s very simple: They want to have rides and lands that the average guest will clearly associate with the MCU, but they don’t want to be chained down by the MCU canon. This “alternate dimension” stuff is simply how they address anyone who is disappointed by canonical plot points not being perfectly maintained throughout the land.

They could just say “Get off my case, it’s a theme park, for pete’s sake!” But saying it’s an alternate dimension has more nerd cred.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom