Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Brer Oswald

I looks nice at night, but it’s missing kinetic energy. I get that the swinging Spider-Man will help out, but some sort of peoplemover-esque land tour attraction would be cool.

SplashJacket

I am most looking forward to seeing the Spider-Man struntronic in person.

Grant Imahara, the former ILM employee and Mythbusters host, worked on the team that brought it to life. Unfortunately, he passed away last year from a brain aneurism so he couldn't see his work be enjoyed by the masses.

ToTBellHop

I looks nice at night, but it’s missing kinetic energy. I get that the swinging Spider-Man will help out, but some sort of peoplemover-esque land tour attraction would be cool.
If they actually build the E ticket, the land will have a spectacular mix of rides. Spidey will struggle as the anchor this summer since Guardians isn’t new, but it’s perfectly acceptable as the 3rd tier ride.

Brer Oswald

If they actually build the E ticket, the land will have a spectacular mix of rides. Spidey will struggle as the anchor this summer since Guardians isn’t new, but it’s perfectly acceptable as the 3rd tier ride.
It still seems so strange to make Spider-Man, their biggest superhero, only a third tier ride. But yeah, this land is definitely going to be about the rides first and foremost

SplashJacket

I've always thought the land to be a complete net improvement. After riding Ant-Man and Iron-Man in Hong Kong, it's nice to see they didn't choose to clone those.

Interesting thought though, once all the lands open, all the rides will be original, except the two Spiderman rides in Paris and DCA.

BayouShack

It still seems so strange to make Spider-Man, their biggest superhero, only a third tier ride. But yeah, this land is definitely going to be about the rides first and foremost

Yet... Spider-Man is the one franchise you won’t find on Disney Plus because of the Sony agreement. And they chose to make that the only ride for the debut of their first Avengers institute. Make it make sense!

BayouShack

That part really doesn’t matter because they’re making the merch money in the parks. A Spider-Man merch sells!

Do we know if Sony gets a cut?

Even if they do... I’d assume they’ve done enough market research to show it sells so well that’s it’s worth giving it all that real estate. But I’m curious how it works.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I am most looking forward to seeing the Spider-Man struntronic in person.

Grant Imahara, the former ILM employee and Mythbusters host, worked on the team that brought it to life. Unfortunately, he passed away last year from a brain aneurism so he couldn't see his work be enjoyed by the masses.

It will work for 3 months then will never be heard from again and will fall into the legend of broken effects only a few got to see like the falling debris in Indiana Jones

J4546

that dr strange area looks really neat, cant wait to see what its all about! The nighttime lighting of this area looks incredible though i kinda wish the orbs in dr strange land were all illuminated like the giant one on the ground, instead of with what looks like regular old lightbulbs lol

1617921427495.png

ToTBellHop

that dr strange area looks really neat, cant wait to see what its all about! The nighttime lighting of this area looks incredible though i kinda wish the orbs in dr strange land were all illuminated like the giant one on the ground, instead of with what looks like regular old lightbulbs lol

View attachment 546564
How are they doing that? It sounds something like Jedi Training but we can’t even get close to characters without a fence between us.

Brer Oswald

That “recruit” spiel will never be appealing.

The Hive: Shall we try and plan a visit for this year or after the Avengers ride opens (if that’s even still a thing)? @mickEblu @SuddenStorm @Captn EO @Nirya @DrAlice
And anyone else from the other thread that I didn’t mention.
This is off topic, but I like seeing how tightly knit the community members are on the DL side of the board. It’s nice.

lazyboy97o

Yet... Spider-Man is the one franchise you won’t find on Disney Plus because of the Sony agreement. And they chose to make that the only ride for the debut of their first Avengers institute. Make it make sense!
The movies are not but there are a bunch of television shows.
Do we know if Sony gets a cut?

Even if they do... I’d assume they’ve done enough market research to show it sells so well that’s it’s worth giving it all that real estate. But I’m curious how it works.
Sony traded their film merchandise rights in exchange for Marvel dropping the time requirements that essentially forced Sony to just make movies.

Brer Oswald

I think it works because there aren’t very many of us here. I’ve met up with several folks here at the parks. Always a pleasure.

You’re welcome to join us, if we ever settle on a date!
I definitely want to get back down to Disneyland again, just not so sure when I’ll be able to make it. So maybe not for the Marvel opening, but hopefully some time after.

I was playing around with the idea of a last minute trip last year, but that unfortunately didn’t work out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom