Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

CaptinEO

They close at 7 pm for two weeks and then 9 pm from mid-May onward. They didn’t show off those nighttime images with no intention that people would be able to visit at night.

That's only the first few weeks of opening. And it's open until 7 p.m. From mid May through June both parks will stay open until 9 p.m.

Another reason why I'm not rushing to go. I want to wait to go when you get more time in the parks. And 9-9 are good hours. It's not until midnight but since there aren't any night time shows and lowered capacity in general it's probably more than enough time to do what you want, as long as you are there from the start.

And who knows, they might extend the hours a bit if they can add more capacity after June 15th.

Its only for 2 weeks.
Thank you everyone! I didnt know about this!

Giss Neric

I think it's very much that - have people be surprised by the Ninjago web shooting and gloss over the fact there's a clone of the ride across the pier. There's a reason why they keep using the same artist concept rather than show any meaningful on-ride footage.
Oh well. I don't expect any groundbreaking technology from this ride as long as the interactivity is fun then I'm okay with that. I hope for more accurate sensors and more fast paced since you'll be using your own upper limbs LOL!

Nirya

I’d like to say yes but I don’t think it will really be feasible for me until they bring some sort of AP back. I think 2022 is better anyway - when things are back to normal.

As a proud hive member I agree with this. Though if people want to do earlier I'm down with that also - fully vaccinated and masks aren't a big deal for me since I'm in them all day as-is.

Markiewong

I think there should have been at least one in the queue. The problem with putting a really great AA in the ride is it make all the flat Spider-Man’s on the screens look even flatter.
The pre show has a spiderman AA right?
1617964569042.png

mickEblu

Remember with Disney it’s either or now. You can’t have an AA and a stuntronic. That would be like asking for 10 AAs on POTC instead of the 2 we already have.

Ismael Flores

The lighting package for the campus looks amazing - the tower where the Quinjet's parked on right now will make a great entrance to an Avengers ride if it ever comes. The Sanctorum area looks great too.

I do really like the lighting, I am a bit undecided about the Avengers building. The building looks tiny and out of place now compared to the other buildings. I think they should have built the temporary addition to the building instead they decided to cut it out and put a wall and landscape in front of it. Hopefully the Avengers ride is not cancelled and they end up extending the building like their concept art

Avengers.jpg

DrAlice

That “recruit” spiel will never be appealing.

The Hive: Shall we try and plan a visit for this year or after the Avengers ride opens (if that’s even still a thing)? @mickEblu @SuddenStorm @Captn EO @Nirya @DrAlice
And anyone else from the other thread that I didn’t mention.
Thanks for including me! 🥰 I have a very small window each year that I can visit the parks, so I'll let you all decide what's best for the group. If I can come, then I will come say hi. If not, that's ok too.

britain

Regarding a Spider-Man AA, I think it simply comes down to WDI determining that Spidey is just too nimble and dynamic a character to be anchored down by typical AA technology. He's constantly crouching, leaping, sticking to a wall, then swinging away. He also has a non-expressive face which magnifies the burden placed on body language. Slightly slouching... then a quick shrug... and then a small jerk of the head... then inhale... This stuff is necessary in the Spidey movies and even the most advanced AA like Hondo or Na'vi lady wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Ironically, going with an AA for the ride would look cheesy and cheap, but the all-screen version should feel true to the character and pretty slick. Hopefully the preshow scene will actually require you to wear glasses so you'll have multiple layers of real objects and projected objects to blur things together.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom