Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

ToTBellHop

Articles on this up on CNN and CNBC. Noticeably missing from both: mention of CA residents being the only ones allowed. It’s clear they will put a statement in their official statements as a CYA but they are marketing this nationwide.

mickEblu

That “recruit” spiel will never be appealing.

The Hive: Shall we try and plan a visit for this year or after the Avengers ride opens (if that’s even still a thing)? @mickEblu @SuddenStorm @Captn EO @Nirya @DrAlice
And anyone else from the other thread that I didn’t mention.

I’d like to say yes but I don’t think it will really be feasible for me until they bring some sort of AP back. I think 2022 is better anyway - when things are back to normal.

fctiger

Oh wow, super exciting! 11 months later than planned, but who is counting. ;)

We were planning to try to go the end of June the earliest and definitely sticking to it now with this news! We know DL is going to be the bigger star of the show the first month of opening, but come June, that's going to definitely change for a bit now.

And it does look amazing at night. Never cared much for ABL at night so this will be a huge improvement. That brings it up to four night spot areas in DCA along with BVS, PP and of course CL. For me, it's just great to have another themed land to hang out in.

CaptinEO

Oh wow, super exciting! 11 months later than planned, but who is counting. ;)

We were planning to try to go the end of June the earliest and definitely sticking to it now with this news! We know DL is going to be the bigger star of the show the first month of opening, but come June, that's going to definitely change for a bit now.

And it does look amazing at night. Never cared much for ABL at night so this will be a huge improvement. That brings it up to four night spot areas in DCA along with BVS, PP and of course CL. For me, it's just great to have another themed land to hang out in.
It makes me sad that the parks are closing at 6pm, wont even be able to see Disneyland at night, which is half the fun.

fctiger

It makes me sad that the parks are closing at 6pm, wont even be able to see Disneyland at night, which is half the fun.

That's only the first few weeks of opening. And it's open until 7 p.m. From mid May through June both parks will stay open until 9 p.m.

Another reason why I'm not rushing to go. I want to wait to go when you get more time in the parks. And 9-9 are good hours. It's not until midnight but since there aren't any night time shows and lowered capacity in general it's probably more than enough time to do what you want, as long as you are there from the start.

And who knows, they might extend the hours a bit if they can add more capacity after June 15th.

waltography

The lighting package for the campus looks amazing - the tower where the Quinjet's parked on right now will make a great entrance to an Avengers ride if it ever comes. The Sanctorum area looks great too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Imma guessing the first two weeks of early closure is to give themselves time to fix all the rides that broke down during the day from not being in use for a year.

fctiger

The lighting package for the campus looks amazing - the tower where the Quinjet's parked on right now will make a great entrance to an Avengers ride if it ever comes. The Sanctorum area looks great too.

Definitely! This is certainly going to be a great night time area to be in. Also why I love GE at night as well because the lighting there is incredible too, especially by the MF and the mountain backdrop. I think Disney realizes just how much people love to be in these lands at night and no surprise just how bigger they have gone with the lighting in many of their newer lands; Pandora easily the height of it. Fantasy Springs in TDS looks like it's getting that kind of treatment as well when it opens.

AC may not be as exotic as some of the others but it's going to at least be well lit!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
During the summer the sun sets at about 8:30pm, so it doesn't become fully dark until almost 9pm. It won't be until late Summer or Fall when you'll get more than 20 or 30 minutes of darkness to roam the parks. Hopefully by then they can extend the hours a little more.

Giss Neric

I don't see or hear any news about the Spiderman ride. The land itself should be the focus but the ride should be hyped up at least. Do they want to lower our expectations and just be surprised by it?

waltography

I don't see or hear any news about the Spiderman ride. The land itself should be the focus but the ride should be hyped up at least. Do they want to lower our expectations and just be surprised by it?
I think it's very much that - have people be surprised by the Ninjago web shooting and gloss over the fact there's a clone of the ride across the pier. There's a reason why they keep using the same artist concept rather than show any meaningful on-ride footage.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I mean, really, would it have killed Disney to splurge on an AA Spiderman for the ride? Even one?
They would rather have a expensive AA that gets thrown in the air to be caught in a flimsy net that won't be working in about a year than include a proper Spidey AA on his own ride. But hey, at least we get those loveable spider bots that you had to buy 2 to make it worth while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom