Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Sharon&Susan

Looks like they took down the construction walls and opened up the gates. Only to stop you at concession carts. Not much to see but here is some pics and a video of the area.

Video - (not sure how to post an Instagram video but if you click on the instagram link it shows video not sure why it says Log in)

View attachment 516784
View attachment 516785
Credit Instagram : Disney_Hype_Beast_80
Rocks on the left look familiar:
Familiar.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Where in the park was this picture taken from?

I think what we are looking at is the filled-in and paved over sunken queue area for It's Tough To Be A Bug. With big wooden gates added. This would be directly south of the Carthay Circle building along the parade route. See the photos from @Disney Analyst and @Sharon&Susan above as I think they've got the same idea.

What's funny about this is why they felt the need to put snack carts there and open it up. Maybe just for extra square footage social distance capacity, and because they thought people would be so excited to get a look at Marvel Land that they'd want to go buy a $4 bottle of Dasani in there?

The mind boggles at how they are trying so desperately to make something work here this winter. It's funny, yet sad.

AJFireman

I found some images of before and after of the area as you can see the pathway lights was left undisturbed and the gate rockwork was duplicated. Not sure the purpose of this prior to the construction? It was a sunken area of ITTBAB queue as TP said but had an exit gate in the middle of the rocks. Was it an emergency exit for faster egress for the queue and theater? Now it looks like an alcove that can be opened and closed as needed. Maybe future FP Machine location or a meet and greet they can open and close as needed? Those Outdoor Vending carts are the same ones that were next to Carthay Circle along the pathway for some reason they felt the need to move them.
2020-12-02 (3).png

2020-12-02 (4).png

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think what we are looking at is the filled-in and paved over sunken queue area for It's Tough To Be A Bug. With big wooden gates added. This would be directly south of the Carthay Circle building along the parade route. See the photos from @Disney Analyst and @Sharon&Susan above as I think they've got the same idea.

What's funny about this is why they felt the need to put snack carts there and open it up. Maybe just for extra square footage social distance capacity, and because they thought people would be so excited to get a look at Marvel Land that they'd want to go buy a $4 bottle of Dasani in there?

The mind boggles at how they are trying so desperately to make something work here this winter. It's funny, yet sad.
They want to get them to buy a 15 dollar Spider Bot for 78 bucks

britain

I found some images of before and after of the area as you can see the pathway lights was left undisturbed and the gate rockwork was duplicated. Not sure the purpose of this prior to the construction? It was a sunken area of ITTBAB queue as TP said but had an exit gate in the middle of the rocks. Was it an emergency exit for faster egress for the queue and theater? Now it looks like an alcove that can be opened and closed as needed. Maybe future FP Machine location or a meet and greet they can open and close as needed? Those Outdoor Vending carts are the same ones that were next to Carthay Circle along the pathway for some reason they felt the need to move them.
View attachment 516816
View attachment 516817

Hmm... yeah, maybe a future 'multi-attraction fastpass distribution kiosks' area?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Agreed on BVS and Pacific Wharf. And you know what I just realized I suddenly missed? Those crab louie salads they served in the bread bowls at the Boudin Cafe. Those were fantastic! I forgot I missed them until now.

I mention that because you know what intrigued me the most a year ago when we were all talking about Marvel Land? That Ant Man microbrewery place. I was hoping that finally, mercifully, Disneyland could create a really good cheeseburger and a really good side of fries; something worthy of an Umami Burger or that lamb burger they serve at The Haven in downtown Orange.

I was hoping that Ant Man place would be an upscale, well managed pub type environment like you'd actually find out in the real world in downtown Orange, or Laguna Beach, or Newport Beach. Disneyland's dining is certainly much better than Disney World's, but compared to the real world of sophisticated OC circa 2020 it is badly managed and spotty when it comes to food quality.

I am hoping the Ant Man microbrewery changes that.
While I admire your optimism lol - and I do think there are some very solid food options in DCA - wasn't the idea for this place supposed to be the gimmick of super-small food (sliders) and super-sized food (mega-pretzels)? (Both of which I'm looking forward to trying!)

For whatever reason, the parks really seem to struggle making a decent burger. :/

TP2000

While I admire your optimism lol - and I do think there are some very solid food options in DCA - wasn't the idea for this place supposed to be the gimmick of super-small food (sliders) and super-sized food (mega-pretzels)? (Both of which I'm looking forward to trying!)

For whatever reason, the parks really seem to struggle making a decent burger. :/

Oh, geez. You're probably right. I just heard "microbrewery" in the marketing pablum last year and I thought of all the hipster microbrewery places I've dined in the last 20 years in Seattle and Portland and San Diego where they take their brews and their burgers very seriously. And the result is spectacular, for such simple fare.

But you are right, TDA probably can't be trusted to get this right. The menu will be vaguely hip yet slightly inadequate and skimpy. Then the actual product presented on the plate will be, um, better than Tomorrowland Terrace (not hard) but not nearly as good as the real microbrewery you went to in Portland or Fullerton or Little Italy in San Diego.

Gosh... why do we even try with this place? Or an even better question, why does TDA even try? They never get it right.

Wasnt this where the Radiator Springs Racers Fastpass distribution used to be?

Close. But I think it's even further north along the parade route. If you were in the old Radiator Racers Fastpass area and looked north, you'd see that sunken queue area that led to the cave that led to the lobby of It's Tough To Be A Bug.

It appears that they have filled in that entire sunken queue area and paved it over with paving stones from Home Depot's Tuscany! line of patio pavers. And then they put some odd wine country themed gates in front of it that kind of don't clash with the mid-century industrial look of the entrance area of Marvel Land and the Spiderman ride.

And then during a pandemic where everything is closed because if you go out in public grandma will die, they invited people to go out in public and purchase a non-essential churro from a snack cart in this new Tuscan inspired Spiderman area. But hopefully grandma won't die this one time because of your churro selfishness. Have you been tested?

Seriously you guys, how good is TDA at getting around all these Covid restrictions?!? Buy a churro!

2020-12-02-1-png.516785

Look at that "PLEASE WAIT HERE" line on the Tuscan-inspired ground. Until when? And then what happens? 🤣

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Oh, geez. You're probably right. I just heard "microbrewery" in the marketing pablum last year and I thought of all the hipster microbrewery places I've dined in the last 20 years in Seattle and Portland and San Diego where they take their brews and their burgers very seriously. And the result is spectacular, for such simple fare.

But you are right, TDA probably can't be trusted to get this right. The menu will be vaguely hip yet slightly inadequate and skimpy. Then the actual product presented on the plate will be, um, better than Tomorrowland Terrace (not hard) but not nearly as good as the real microbrewery you went to in Portland or Fullerton or Little Italy in San Diego.

Gosh... why do we even try with this place? Or an even better question, why does TDA even try? They never get it right.
Yeah, sorry to disappoint you, but...

And #sorrynotsorry I love the idea of the themed big and little food and am much happier with these options than some hipster microbrewery. :)

Once again, I'm just not cool enough for you, @TP2000 :( #toonerdyforwordies

MarvelCharacterNerd

Close. But I think it's even further north along the parade route. If you were in the old Radiator Racers Fastpass area and looked north, you'd see that sunken queue area that led to the cave that led to the lobby of It's Tough To Be A Bug.

It appears that they have filled in that entire sunken queue area and paved it over with paving stones from Home Depot's Tuscany! line. And then put some odd wine country themed gates in front of it that kind of don't clash with the mid-century industrial look of the entrance area of Marvel Land and the Spiderman ride.

And then during a pandemic where everything is closed because if you go out in public grandma will die, they invited people to go out in public and purchase a non-essential churro from a snack cart in this new Tuscan inspired Spiderman area. But hopefully grandma won't die this one time because of your churro selfishness. Have you been tested?

Seriously you guys, how good is TDA at getting around all these Covid restrictions?!? Buy a churro!

2020-12-02-1-png.516785

Look at that "PLEASE WAIT HERE" line on the Tuscan-inspired ground. Until when? And then what happens? 🤣
Oh, and yeah, I don't really understand the theming of this entrance, but mmmkay...

And I DON'T CARE I WANNA GO PEEK IN THAT GATE RIGHT NOW BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I'M LOCKED IN MY HOME.

That is all.

:D

TP2000

Yeah, sorry to disappoint you, but...

And #sorrynotsorry I love the idea of the themed big and little food and am much happier with these options than some hipster microbrewery. :)

Once again, I'm just not cool enough for you, @TP2000 :( #toonerdyforwordies

Well... could we still have a really good burger together? With wagyu beef and aged cheddar and caramelized onion and artisanal ketchup? And giant french fry wedges made fresh with Idaho's Kennebec potatoes? And a hoppy brew in a chilled pint glass?

banner-wagyu-beef-burger.jpg

Or do we have to just settle for the limp burgers and soggy frozen fries and a waxy-cup Coke at Tomorrowland Terrace?

burger.jpg

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well... could we still have a really good burger together? With wagyu beef and aged cheddar and caramelized onion and artisanal ketchup? And giant french fry wedges made fresh with Idaho's Kennebec potatoes? And a hoppy brew in a chilled pint glass?

Okay, I'll admit that looks... droolworthy. :D Strictly on a food basis. Which is a totally different beast than a park food basis. But the less said about your second picture, the better. :D

And I'd gladly grab a burger with you anytime @TP2000 :) If the Disneyland Resort ever reopens, I'd even suggest meeting up at my secret location with the one good burger I've found in the whole resort... assuming they make it ever again or the location reopens... 🤞

mickEblu

Okay, I'll admit that looks... droolworthy. :D Strictly on a food basis. Which is a totally different beast than a park food basis. But the less said about your second picture, the better. :D

And I'd gladly grab a burger with you anytime @TP2000 :) If the Disneyland Resort ever reopens, I'd even suggest meeting up at my secret location with the one good burger I've found in the whole resort... assuming they make it ever again or the location reopens... 🤞

10$ you re referring to the place formerly known as White Water snacks

mickEblu

Or do we have to just settle for the limp burgers and soggy frozen fries and a waxy-cup Coke at Tomorrowland Terrace?

View attachment 516845

I used to love Umami a few years ago but at some point they started using different (most likely cheaper) meat and when I asked the waitress at the Thousand Oaks location she confirmed. I was a big fan of the Studio City location that had a bar and apparently did things a bit differently (due to different ownership I believe she said) from the other locations according to that same waitress. My go to was the truffle burger and it always came out melt in your mouth worthy and is the only place in the world that I didn’t mind my burger being medium rare which was apparently the standard over there. When I tried the same burger at the Thousand Oaks and Pasadena locations it was a completely different burger. Maybe the Umani in your neck of the woods are like the superb burgers I would get from the Studio City location in the early to mid 2010s?

And I love a good waxy cup!

TP2000

And I love a good waxy cup!

I'm not above a waxy cup myself. Remember, I am the man who took this photo on Ball Road a few weeks ago and posted it here; a milkshake in a waxy cup in front of a "gentleman's club" (or convertible top store as @figmentfan423 so brilliantly called it).

Satin Topless is doing gangbuster business after curfew, but 8 blocks away Disneyland is still closed. Science & Data!

IMG_0578.JPG

A waxy cup has a time and a place. But if a waxy cup is all you have to offer, it's time to rethink your business strategy. I have no idea who is in charge of Disneyland's cheeseburgers, or if that entity is even human or is just a flickering spreadsheet on a TDA mainframe somewhere, but they definitely need to rethink their business strategy. Because they really suck at what they do.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom