Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think at worst it will be as fun as TSMM. So if you think TSMM is lame then yeah. I like TSMM or I used to when the screens weren’t so dim.
It's gonna be an annoying ride to be on because if people are going to use their hands as web shooters you know everyone is going to be making the "twhip" sound as they do it. so all you are gonna hear is that as you ride. gonna be worse than people talking over the stretching room.

D.Silentu

Hmmm. Not a lot of strong language. The review sounds kind of weak. I really wanted to hear something along the lines of “blows TSMM away.” Sounds like they re really banking on the virtual shooting tech to carry the attraction.
Despite being called a preview, I could only single out one bit of information that we haven't already known since March.

MarvelCharacterNerd

MiceChat today has some updates on the land and ride as CM's were able to preview it.

"Some very lucky cast members were able to preview the Avengers Campus upcoming Spider-Man ride this past week. While it will still be a long time before the land is ready for guests, the early word from cast is quite positive about the web-slinging attraction... The folks we heard from absolutely loved the upcoming Spider-Man ride, which is called: WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. "

The queue and pre-show area have detailed set-pieces, and utilize Tom Holland in the preshow. His image is used in a sort of 3D projection effect similar to Rey in the preshow queue for Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy’s Edge. The ride itself is a mostly screen-based shooter attraction (not-unlike Midway Mania). All said that the ride is better than Midway Mania, but felt shorter. /The ride vehicles were described as being similar to Universal’s Transformers attraction. But, instead of using blasters to sling webs at the targets (Spider-bots), riders will use their own hands. The vehicles sense your arm and you are able to shoot virtual webs from your wrists. It’s an exciting technology that doesn’t require you to touch grimy blasters that thousands of other riders touch each day. It also makes you feel a bit like a real superhero. ]

Jealous that people have already gotten to ride, but really happy for the CM's still given SOME kind of perk this year. They really need it.

fctiger

then you don't make it. spidey deserves to be on a big ride. if its not worthy of him. don't make it. use another hero.

99.9% who rides this only cares if the ride itself is any good. Only people on boards like this A. cares if it's an E ticket or not and B. will have ridden both to even compare them.

Again, I get the reality, it's going to be compared on boards like this for a long time. But all that will really matters is how the ride itself stack up for most people. If they like it, no one is going to care after a while, just like TOT and GOTG: MB. That 'controversy' died a month after GOTG opened.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

99.9% who rides this only cares if the ride itself is any good. Only people on boards like this A. cares if it's an E ticket or not and B. will have ridden both to even compare them.

Again, I get the reality, it's going to be compared on boards like this for a long time. But all that will really matters is how the ride itself stack up for most people. If they like it, no one is going to care after a while, just like TOT and GOTG: MB. That 'controversy' died a month after GOTG opened.
um no. people still hate mission break out just as much as they did when it was announced.

mickEblu

Not for me. I’m still mourning

October82

I don't think you could have picked a more self-defeating example.

Yes on boards like this. The general public loves it and you never hear a peep about it. My own family hated TOT was leaving. Today, they don't care. It's very popular.

I'm glad your family enjoys GotG. I regularly talk to people "in real life" who don't.

fctiger

Actually speaking of which (and its relevant to this thread) but now that Disney announced that they will make a GOTG Christmas holiday special for Disney+, I wonder if they will do something for the ride as well for Christmas time? I wonder if AC will be decorated too?

Just think we would know the answer to that already. :(

fctiger

I don't think you could have picked a more self-defeating example.

I'm glad your family enjoys GotG. I regularly talk to people "in real life" who don't.

Well no, because it literally goes to my whole point. On boards this, people complain. BUT when I'm with my actual friends and family they all love it. That's my point! Things that are a 'big deal' online is not with most of the public. The ride gets hour long waits three years after it opened. And every time I go on it, it's like a party lol. The ride is never dull because people are genuinely having fun on it.

Obviously it doesn't mean EVERYONE loves it. I'm only pointing out before the ride opened you would think people were going to boycott the park over it. Once it did and reviews got out it was fun, there was no big complaints about it. Most people seem to love it even they still miss TOT or there wouldn't be 60-90 minute waits for it today (or before lol).

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Actually speaking of which (and its relevant to this thread) but now that Disney announced that they will make a GOTG Christmas holiday special for Disney+, I wonder if they will do something for the ride as well for Christmas time? I wonder if AC will be decorated too?

Just think we would know the answer to that already. :(
Like what? what would you want them to do?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Well no, because it literally goes to my whole point. On boards this, people complain. BUT when I'm with my actual friends and family they all love it. That's my point! Things that are a 'big deal' online is not with most of the public. The ride gets hour long waits three years after it opened. And every time I go on it, it's like a party lol.

Obviously it doesn't mean EVERYONE loves it. I'm only pointing out before the ride opened you would think people were going to boycott the park over it. Once it did and reviews got out it was fun, there was no big complaints about it. Most people seem to love it even they still miss TOT or there wouldn't be 60-90 minute waits for it today (or before lol).
you are confussing people enjoying what is there now verus wishing it never changed in the first place

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom