Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not above a waxy cup myself. Remember, I am the man who took this photo on Ball Road a few weeks ago and posted it here; a milkshake in a waxy cup in front of a "gentleman's club" (or convertible top store as @figmentfan423 so brilliantly called it).

Satin Topless is doing gangbuster business after curfew, but 8 blocks away Disneyland is still closed. Science & Data!

View attachment 516848

A waxy cup has a time and a place. But if a waxy cup is all you have to offer, it's time to rethink your business strategy. I have no idea who is in charge of Disneyland's cheeseburgers, or if that entity is even human or is just a flickering spreadsheet on a TDA mainframe somewhere, but they definitely need to rethink their business strategy. Because they really suck at what they do.
I'm delighted to hear there are clubs for men with good manners and I don't like waxy cups, shudder. It's a texture thing blech or a sad reminder of those cheap candy straws. THNX for thinking me brilliant. and now back to the bickering

Last edited:

AJFireman

Wasnt this where the Radiator Springs Racers Fastpass distribution used to be?
Here is a good visual of the area prior to construction. Red circle is the this new area. Blue Circle is the RSR Fastpass distribution area.
2020-12-03_LI.jpg

truecoat

If hopes were popes...
(I don't know where I was going with that. I guess we'd have a lot of popes.)

While I share in your hopefulness, the odds are against it. Perhaps somebody high up will take a special interest in this location and try to set it apart, but I fear it will just become another line in the food service spreadsheet. Same food, different wrapper.

But I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

PS: If an Umami Cheeseburger goes for $8.99, I wonder how much the equivalent would cost at AntBrew?

(Edit to fix Umami link.)

If hopes were popes
and they dropped the soaps on ropes
it wouldn't produce gropes

MarvelCharacterNerd

10$ you re referring to the place formerly known as White Water snacks
#nailedit :D

For those who didn't know (scroll down to the savory stuff):

mickEblu

#nailedit :D

For those who didn't know (scroll down to the savory stuff):

Those Reese’s peanut butter cake things they have are delicious. I tried to make them at home and it didn’t quite work out. I guess they re not really peanut butter Blondies or I just suck at baking

smooch

I used to love Umami a few years ago but at some point they started using different (most likely cheaper) meat and when I asked the waitress at the Thousand Oaks location she confirmed. I was a big fan of the Studio City location that had a bar and apparently did things a bit differently (due to different ownership I believe she said) from the other locations according to that same waitress. My go to was the truffle burger and it always came out melt in your mouth worthy and is the only place in the world that I didn’t mind my burger being medium rare which was apparently the standard over there. When I tried the same burger at the Thousand Oaks and Pasadena locations it was a completely different burger. Maybe the Umani in your neck of the woods are like the superb burgers I would get from the Studio City location in the early to mid 2010s?

And I love a good waxy cup!
2 years ago when I went to DLR with some friends we decided to Doordash some food to our hotel room when we got checked in so we didn't have to buy food in Downtown Disney and we decided on trying Umami Burger and I was blown away. I absolutely love anything truffle so I got the truffle burger and truffle fries and they were both incredibly delicious. Since I had never had it before I didn't have anything to compare the quality of the meat to but as I said I and all my friends thoroughly enjoyed what we ordered, I wish there was one even remotely close to me. The closest to me is in Oakland and I would not drive hours each way for a burger. There is a location in San Francisco though, so once this pandemic is handled and places can reopen I was planning on visiting SF with my girlfriend so we could go then, since she was there on that trip and also really liked the truffle burger.

George Lucas on a Bench

So they opened a part of Marvel Land and had to close down DLR again. The curse is real. Everytime they open a new SW or Marvel attraction, DLR suffers.

- GE opens and no one shows up
- ROTR opens and Coronavirus arrives
- Marvel Land to open in summer that DLR is historically shut down
- Marvel Land partially opens and DLR shuts down again

I predict if they fully open Marvel Land years from now, DLR will be struck by an asteroid.

Travel Junkie

MiceChat today has some updates on the land and ride as CM's were able to preview it.

"Some very lucky cast members were able to preview the Avengers Campus upcoming Spider-Man ride this past week. While it will still be a long time before the land is ready for guests, the early word from cast is quite positive about the web-slinging attraction... The folks we heard from absolutely loved the upcoming Spider-Man ride, which is called: WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. "

The queue and pre-show area have detailed set-pieces, and utilize Tom Holland in the preshow. His image is used in a sort of 3D projection effect similar to Rey in the preshow queue for Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy’s Edge. The ride itself is a mostly screen-based shooter attraction (not-unlike Midway Mania). All said that the ride is better than Midway Mania, but felt shorter. /The ride vehicles were described as being similar to Universal’s Transformers attraction. But, instead of using blasters to sling webs at the targets (Spider-bots), riders will use their own hands. The vehicles sense your arm and you are able to shoot virtual webs from your wrists. It’s an exciting technology that doesn’t require you to touch grimy blasters that thousands of other riders touch each day. It also makes you feel a bit like a real superhero. ]

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

MiceChat today has some updates on the land and ride as CM's were able to preview it.

"Some very lucky cast members were able to preview the Avengers Campus upcoming Spider-Man ride this past week. While it will still be a long time before the land is ready for guests, the early word from cast is quite positive about the web-slinging attraction... The folks we heard from absolutely loved the upcoming Spider-Man ride, which is called: WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. "

The queue and pre-show area have detailed set-pieces, and utilize Tom Holland in the preshow. His image is used in a sort of 3D projection effect similar to Rey in the preshow queue for Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy’s Edge. The ride itself is a mostly screen-based shooter attraction (not-unlike Midway Mania). All said that the ride is better than Midway Mania, but felt shorter. /The ride vehicles were described as being similar to Universal’s Transformers attraction. But, instead of using blasters to sling webs at the targets (Spider-bots), riders will use their own hands. The vehicles sense your arm and you are able to shoot virtual webs from your wrists. It’s an exciting technology that doesn’t require you to touch grimy blasters that thousands of other riders touch each day. It also makes you feel a bit like a real superhero. ]

God that sounds lame. and i wouldnt call those who got to ride "lucky"

fctiger

God that sounds lame. and i wouldnt call those who got to ride "lucky"

It sounds like TSM starring Spider-Man. That ride is still very very popular, I don't see how this will be any less so. My guess is this why it was put in the first place, something cheap(er) and already proven to be a very popular set up. Every TSM that's been put in other parks have become more popular than the previous park it was added in. I know for some they want more and I get it, but I can imagine this ride being a huge hit if its anything on the level of the original. And starring SM will make it more so.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It sounds like TSM starring Spider-Man. That ride is still very very popular, I don't see how this will be any less so. My guess is this why it was put in the first place, something cheap(er) and already proven to be a very popular set up. Every TSM that's been put in other parks have become more popular than the previous park it was added in. I know for some they want more and I get it, but I can imagine this ride being a huge hit if its anything on the level of the original. And starring SM will make it more so.
Not good enough, when there is not only a ride already themed to spidey in florida but its also considered one of the best rides ever made and has won awards backing it up, your goal is to TOP THAT. Not make a ride that goes "rolls to screen, stops so riders can shoot, rinse and repeat". your goal is to beat what is in florida.

Last edited:

fctiger

Not good enough, when there is not only a ride already themed to spidey in florida but its also considered one of the best rides ever made and has won awards backing it up, your goal is to TOP THAT. Not make a ride that goes "rolls to screen, stops so riders and shoot, rinse and repeat". your goal is to beat what is in florida.

We're not going to disagree how amazing (pun intended) the other SM ride is. I been on it multiple times in both Orlando and Osaka. It's definitely a solid attraction. And yes, I think they probably shouldn't have made this ride a SM theme because people are going to just make comparisons.

But its still not the same thing. Because this is not the signature attraction of the land like Universal's, it will be the Avenger's ride. That will be the real comparison (assuming it still gets made). The only reason why these are being compared because yes they both star SM. I wish they had just made it a different character completely and you wouldn't have these comparisons, but they did.

But that said, its still apples and oranges. If this was the big ride of the land, OK, but it's not. That one is still coming and that's what it should be compared to.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

We're not going to disagree how amazing (pun intended) the other SM ride is. I been on it multiple times in both Orlando and Osaka. It's definitely a solid attraction. And yes, I think they probably shouldn't have made this ride a SM theme because people are going to just make comparisons.

But its still not the same thing. Because this is not the signature attraction of the land like Universal's, it will be the Avenger's ride. That will be the real comparison (assuming it still gets made). The only reason why these are being compared because yes they both star SM. I wish they had just made it a different character completely and you wouldn't have these comparisons, but they did.

But that said, its still apples and oranges. If this was the big ride of the land, OK, but it's not. That one is still coming and that's what it should be compared to.
then you don't make it. spidey deserves to be on a big ride. if its not worthy of him. don't make it. use another hero.

mickEblu

Hmmm. Not a lot of strong language. The review sounds kind of weak. I really wanted to hear something along the lines of “blows TSMM away.” Sounds like they re really banking on the virtual shooting tech to carry the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom