Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

planodisney

Maybe the flying tech is for the DisneySea Peter Pan ride? This feels more FoP to me, I'm sure we've ruled out anything besides screens, which is disappointing.
If it was just FOP then I don’t think it would have been described as imagineers hard at work designing new ride vehicle tech.
I think they are gun shy right now on over promising and under delivering.
My understanding is that there is actually more in the works for DLR but they are gun shy about over selling so early, and now worried about people vacation planning around when new lands/rides open and crowds.

britain

Last follow up for @britain

The facade is indeed flush with tower of terror where the old barn was. However I peaked through the wall and they were in the process of laying new tracks in front of Mission breakout. I now believe the new barn will actually be incorporated into the nearest Avengers Campus building at the end of the street.

View attachment 402254

You can see the steel through the trees. This is the edge of mission breakout from the fast pass queue. Essentially where the old barn sat. Potentially the trolleys still head over there.

View attachment 402255

A new building lies directly at the end of the roads natural path.
Thanks!

D.Silentu

Great observation, I hadn't noticed that before. In the artwork, the figures on the left side are definitely gripping something. Difficult to see whether it's a handle or a joystick, but I'm with you in hoping for the latter. In the short clip from the Imagineering video there does seem to be a bit of forward motion in the vehicle.

Last edited:

truecoat

Last follow up for @britain

The facade is indeed flush with tower of terror where the old barn was. However I peaked through the wall and they were in the process of laying new tracks in front of Mission breakout. I now believe the new barn will actually be incorporated into the nearest Avengers Campus building at the end of the street.

View attachment 402254

You can see the steel through the trees. This is the edge of mission breakout from the fast pass queue. Essentially where the old barn sat. Potentially the trolleys still head over there.

View attachment 402255

A new building lies directly at the end of the roads natural path.

According to the site not to be named, they had an overlay onto google maps of the Avengers campus and it appears there's just a gate for the trolleys.

MagicHK

What about 2 row of these to form a Quinjet departing from the avengers base flying to Wakanda. Then an emergency landing is needed. All the fighters have to eject form the Quinjet. The Quin jet then drop down away from the fighters. The fighters will continue the journey to series of mega omni screens to join the avengers?

randyjackson

someone correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t universal have exclusive access to the kuka arm technology?? Pretty sure I read that somewhere perhaps it could be for a certain amount of time

planodisney

someone correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t universal have exclusive access to the kuka arm technology?? Pretty sure I read that somewhere perhaps it could be for a certain amount of time
Yes. That’s why Disney was developing their own version/ but different, for the Incredibles coaster they were originally looking to go into an expansion of the wharf area. It was designed to run on a track and give the sense of superhero in flight.

Professortango1

There’s something about the jet packs in the concept art that implies some individual control of your pack. Joysticks on the armrests, that sort of thing. This probably won’t be as interactive as Smuggler’s Run, but you might be able to control which way you twist and lean. And shoot?

Its funny because I remember pitching a "realistic" upgrade of Buzz Lightyear exactly like that about 8-10 years ago. Individuals on jetpacks suspended from above with a joystick to be able to control swivel as they passed through a sci-fi space battle and into Zurg's fortress to rescue the prisoners and defeat his evil scheme.

randyjackson

I know it’s fun to poo-poo this stuff, but there was some cool "Jarvis" tech on display where you could manipulate schematics with your hands. Not sure how it’ll be utilized in the land eventually... but I had fun with it.

View attachment 402176
I’m not sure why they haven’t came up with a Shield HQ themed M&G area seems like a no brainer plus they could add exhibits like those around the building too

Mac Tonight

I’m not sure why they haven’t came up with a Shield HQ themed M&G area seems like a no brainer plus they could add exhibits like those around the building too
Maybe they just got the prototype ready for the Expo? But I agree, it would be a fun, albeit temporary, addition to current DCA until the Campus is finished.

Disneylover152

I had missed this from D23. The new reason for the Collector's warehouse to be in DCA.

View attachment 402585

Still doesn’t answer the main storyline problem with this ride. If the Collector is an antagonist, why did the Avengers let him have a part of their campus AND how do the Avengers not notice that the Guardians are missing and trapped in said collection. Wouldn’t the Avengers know that the Guardians are trapped and therefore save them? Why would the Avengers let guests go inside an antagonists museum? Isn’t that dangerous and not safe?

That story just further messes with the story. I thought guests “WANT” detailed stories in Disney Parks? This storyline doesn’t make sense.

ProjectXBlog

I had missed this from D23. The new reason for the Collector's warehouse to be in DCA.

View attachment 402585
this is just lazy. is he a good guy now? this doesn’t even line up with any roguish sense of self-serving interest; it seems like he’s excited about helping the avengers? then you get to that last paragraph, which reads like he secretly wants to capture the avengers & recruits? i doubt they’re going to re-work the plot of the show, so i’m pretty lost on this one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom