Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The difference with the examples you listed is that they weren’t trying to come up with ridiculous backstories before to justify Peter Pans or Dumbos existence in Disneyland because the attractions were the portal into the worlds and where disbelief needed to be suspended. They were just attractions in Fantasyland. Now they’re getting all Meta and have to justify a why a land is in a theme park. It’s stupid. They ve brought these questions on themselves.

But the criticism of the story assumed positions that the story itself dealt with. E.g., the idea that the Avengers would allow a villain to set up shop. Well, the story makes clear they've never met yet. It has been very clearly stated that the Marvel Parks Universe is not the MCU, which is also not the current state of the printed comics.

mickEblu

But the criticism of the story assumed positions that the story itself dealt with. E.g., the idea that the Avengers would allow a villain to set up shop. Well, the story makes clear they've never met yet. It has been very clearly stated that the Marvel Parks Universe is not the MCU, which is also not the current state of the printed comics.

So we have a living, breathing land that’s actively looking for recruits but they don’t know about the huge fortress behind them that captured some of their friends? I say keep it the old fashioned way and don’t explain stuff or make it make sense.

Keep in mind this is the second story after KABLAM. Also keep in mind that GOTG overlay was done in haste to get Marvel into the parks. Any story made up is just an excuse to make sense of an attraction that doesn’t make sense in its location- before or after the Avengers expansion. It wasn’t purpose built to be a Guardians attraction. They didn’t even bother to have it match the aesthetic of the land that it was going to end up in. So what’s to defend?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So we have living, breathing land that’s actively looking for recruits but they don’t know about the huge fortress behind them that captured some of their friends? I say keep it the old fashioned way and don’t explain stuff or make it make sense.

Keep in mind this is the second story after KABLAM. Also keep in mind that GOTG overlay was done in haste to get Marvel into the parks. Any story made up is just an excuse to make sense of an attraction that doesn’t make sense in its location- before or after the Avengers expansion. It wasn’t purpose built to be a Guardians attraction. They didn’t even bother to have it match the aesthetic of the land that was going to end up in. So what’s to defend?

What's to defend? People saying things the story clearly says the opposite of. That's just making stuff up to hate it.

mickEblu

What's to defend? People saying things the story clearly says the opposite of. That's just making stuff up to hate it.

It doesn’t make sense. Where’s the amendment to the first KABLAM story?

Tbh these dumb back stories don’t impact My park experience in anyway. All I care about are well themed, aesthetically pleasing lands and fun / well designed attractions.

Disney Analyst

I think we need a sticky here with a disclaimer saying: JUST BECAUSE WE ANALYZE THINGS IN A THEME PARK FORUM BY RANDOMLY JUMPING INTO AN ONGOING DISCUSSION DOESNT MEAN WE DONT ENJOY THE PARKS/ RIDES.

I'm just sharing my bit of wisdom, discuss away, I don't care. I just choose to rarely look into these backstories.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It doesn’t make sense. Where’s the amendment to the first KABLAM story?

Tbh these dumb back stories don’t impact My park experience in anyway. All I care about are well themed, aesthetically pleasing lands and fun / well designed attractions.
How is this "new story" any different than "KABLAM"? You're looking for an amendment, this is the amendment. Its an enhancement of the KABLAM story with more details. Its still the Collector one day just showed up, KABLAM. They just didn't use KABLAM in this "new story".

@MisterPenguin is right posters here are looking for any reason is hate on a story, just because. Stop thinking so hard and just go with it. It doesn't have to truly make sense, its a story for an attraction in a theme park.

TROR

How is this "new story" any different than "KABLAM"? You're looking for an amendment, this is the amendment. Its an enhancement of the KABLAM story with more details. Its still the Collector one day just showed up, KABLAM. They just didn't use KABLAM in this "new story".

@MisterPenguin is right posters here are looking for any reason is hate on a story, just because. Stop thinking so hard and just go with it. It doesn't have to truly make sense, its a story for an attraction in a theme park.
Bingo. The ride sucks because the ride sucks. The story being stupid is true, but if the story wasn't stupid that wouldn't fix the ride. It's like I don't need some convoluted story for Smuggler's Run about some alien from the cartoons, just let me pilot the Falcon. WDI has gotten itself way too bogged down with meaningless backstories and forgotten how to make good attractions.

mickEblu

Nope, the new story says he came because the Avengers are here. Just stop knee jerk defending everything Disney does. I know we all have our biases (including myself) and I know you re a Marvel Superfan but it’s ok to admit these back stories are stupid and they re not even being consistent with them.

mickEblu

Bingo. The ride sucks because the ride sucks. The story being stupid is true, but if the story wasn't stupid that wouldn't fix the ride. It's like I don't need some convoluted story for Smuggler's Run about some alien from the cartoons, just let me pilot the Falcon. WDI has gotten itself way too bogged down with meaningless backstories and forgotten how to make good attractions.

Exactly.

These are different discussions really. The stories being stupid have nothing to do with how I feel about the rides or land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s where all the big tech companies are with their campuses.
As @captveg stated, we call that Northern California. However I'd like to point out there are business campuses all over LA and San Deigo. So its not just isolated to tech companies of Northern California.

For example El Segundo has very large business campuses.

TROR

As @captveg stated, we call that Northern California. However I'd like to point out there are business campuses all over LA and San Deigo. So its not just isolated to tech companies of Northern California.

Who cares.
So every ride within the Avengers Campus is likely to be projection focused? :(
Almost as if movies that focus on extraordinary people as opposed to extraordinary places don’t make for good theme park rides.

mickEblu

The real question is why the hell are they designing a theme park land to Look like a business park?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Nope, the new story says he came because the Avengers are here. Just stop knee jerk defending everything Disney does. I know we all have our biases (including myself) and I know you re a Marvel Superfan but it’s ok to admit these back stories are stupid and they re not even being consistent with them.
Look do I care if there is a backstory, no. But to me this appears to be an amendment to the original story. I'm just telling it like I see it, you want to call it defending Disney so be it.

Also if you haven't noticed I've not been "defending" Disney lately. So stop knee jerk reacting to my posts in such a way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom