Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Ya comparing to DL is a bad idea. Lol.

I dunno, I think the Avengers coaster should be good. I mean hey, it’ll be purpose built so that’s a great start. It’ll be an indoor coaster so lots of possibilities there. I also like the fact they took it back to the drawing board to fix capacity issues. It’ll be interesting to see how they address the capacity issue for a hybrid coaster with show scenes. Will it become more coaster, less show scenes? A new ride system? A dark ride with moderate thrills?

Whatever they do, no simulator / screens as the main story telling device please.

Great points! Given the track record for how they've shoehorned Marvel, Pixar, and anything else in that park I personally don't have any hopes :p and I really do think Disney wont invest as much in a Marvel Land as they would in Galaxy's Edge, mainly given the same evidence.

mickEblu

Great points! Given the track record for how they've shoehorned Marvel, Pixar, and anything else in that park I personally don't have any hopes :p and I really do think Disney wont invest as much in a Marvel Land as they would in Galaxy's Edge, mainly given the same evidence.

My confidence isn’t sky high either based on their current track record at DCA. Ya Marvel land won’t be SWL by any means but I think (or hope) they ll invest in the Avengers “coaster” if anything.

nevol

My expectations were high when eastern gateway seemed like a necessity to tda, and they were willing to reroute the monorail. I'm sure that stuff is still on the cards, to some extent, and they've just had to kick the can down the road, but I couldn't have lower expectations for this marvel phase 1. That is why I really think they need to show us some concept art. We have no idea what to expect still with the area development and its theming, and this has been what seems like 5 years of promises of a "larger marvel presence" in the park.

DCA doesn't seem like junk because you are comparing it to disneyland; it's felt like junk because it was. It opened with no identity and a horrendous layout inside the horrendous new disneyland resort/downtown disney. The theming has gotten more expensive since then, but that doesn't negate the fact that nobody knows what disney california adventure is. Compare this with the iconography of a place like epcot. It is really just Disney's Magic Mountain/Knott's/Universal.

Last edited:

mickEblu

My expectations were high when eastern gateway seemed like a necessity to tda, and they were willing to reroute the monorail. I'm sure that stuff is still on the cards, to some extent, and they've just had to kick the can down the road, but I couldn't have lower expectations for this marvel phase 1. That is why I really think they need to show us some concept art. We have no idea what to expect still with the area development and its theming, and this has been what seems like 5 years of promises of a "larger marvel presence" in the park.

DCA doesn't seem like junk because you are comparing it to disneyland; it's felt like junk because it was. It opened with no identity and a horrendous layout inside the horrendous new disneyland resort/downtown disney. The theming has gotten more expensive since then, but that doesn't negate the fact that nobody knows what disney california adventure is. Compare this with the iconography of a place like epcot. It is really just Disney's Magic Mountain/Knott's/Universal.

Exactly. I’ve said in the past that’s DCA is their Universal Studios. Where they don’t have to care about nostalgia like they do next door. At DCA they can demo whatever they want to showcase the hottest IP.

I seriously think I’ll prefer Bugs Land to Marvel Land phase 1. We re most likely losing a lot of trees and charm that a Marvel quick service restaurant and meet n greet won’t replace.

nevol

Exactly. I’ve said in the past that’s DCA is their Universal Studios. Where they don’t have to care about nostalgia like they do next door. At DCA they can demo whatever they want to showcase the hottest IP.

I seriously think I’ll prefer Bugs Land to Marvel Land phase 1. We re most likely losing a lot of trees and charm that a Marvel quick service restaurant and meet n greet won’t replace.
I just want to see what they're doing so I can have some more confidence in what is happening. Someone at wdi told me a year ago that the plans for marvel land looked good and were "really organic." I bet those plans have changed.. Sticking a super urban/industrial area next to carsland doesn't make sense. They should fade together more slowly. Furthermore, having a new boulevard toward mission breakout through bugs land makes sense more than hollywoodland's layout ever did, because you couldn't even see tower of terror from hollywoodland, making it a terrible weinie; but now we will have 2 streets right next to eachother, further compromising the layout of the park, and making hollywood blvd pointless. Ultimately, for marvel land to work, they will need to part ways with the street and buildings of hollywood blvd altogether. Have its replacement bend northwest to fill the backlot space/bus area eventually, not run parallel to the new street. The whole thing annoys me, personally. Shoving a new land and a D ticket into the bugs land theater when you have this street that should eventually get demolished and an animation building taking up way too much space and whose exhibits should be moved to paradise gardens grill/pixar pier. Ayayay

mickEblu

I just want to see what they're doing so I can have some more confidence in what is happening. Someone at wdi told me a year ago that the plans for marvel land looked good and were "really organic." I bet those plans have changed.. Sticking a super urban/industrial area next to carsland doesn't make sense. They should fade together more slowly. Furthermore, having a new boulevard toward mission breakout through bugs land makes sense more than hollywoodland's layout ever did, because you couldn't even see tower of terror from hollywoodland, making it a terrible weinie; but now we will have 2 streets right next to eachother, further compromising the layout of the park, and making hollywood blvd pointless. Ultimately, for marvel land to work, they will need to part ways with the street and buildings of hollywood blvd altogether. Ayayay

I guess a California campus / brewery could be considered organic yet underwhelming to me.

I agree on the Hillywoodland layout being a mess and it will need to be restructured like you say. I definitely don’t want to GOTG:MB to be a weinie from DCA’s hub though.

nevol

I guess a California campus / brewery could be considered organic yet underwhelming to me.

I agree on the Hillywoodland layout being a mess and it will need to be restructured like you say. I definitely don’t want to GOTG:MB to be a weinie from DCA’s hub though.
Luckily, carthay circle blocks it out. I think if anything, the street would ahve to curve to create a slow reveal like sunset blvd in orlando. But given the new project by bugs land, it'll become a stronger weinie from just past the hub along the parade route.

TP2000

Tap on @TP2000 and search the post history.

You are too kind. I haven't had the chance to invite the neighbor lady over to discuss all the recent gossip in Anaheim; we chatted briefly over the holiday weekend but just about the tree trimming service several of us are employing this fall. I will get her over onto the patio with a drink in her hand soon, I promise!

mickEblu

Luckily, carthay circle blocks it out. I think if anything, the street would ahve to curve to create a slow reveal like sunset blvd in orlando. But given the new project by bugs land, it'll become a stronger weinie from just past the hub along the parade route.

That’s right you can’t see it from there. You see it from the Starbucks and path To Soarin. I guess as long as the reveal would be far enough along the new Blvd I’m cool with it. I’m also more than cool with them retheming the exterior of MB.

nevol

That’s right you can’t see it from there. You see it from the Starbucks and path To Soarin. I guess as long as the reveal would be far enough along the new Blvd I’m cool with it. I’m also more than cool with them retheming the exterior of MB.
I'm cool with them demolishing everything north of carsland and starting over. Also cool with them demolishing redwook creek challenge trail and building a mystic manor type lodge. Also cool with them demolishing the west side of paradise pier to build literally anything. also cool with grizzly peak going away. Also liked DCA better as a parking lot.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm cool with them demolishing everything north of carsland and starting over. Also cool with them demolishing redwook creek challenge trail and building a mystic manor type lodge. Also cool with them demolishing the west side of paradise pier to build literally anything. also cool with grizzly peak going away. Also liked DCA better as a parking lot.

So basically everything but Carsland goes, got it.....

*Calling Iger*

;):p:cool:

mickEblu

You re more bold than me. I’m ok with everything outside of BVS, Cars Land and Grizzly Peak going away (excluding the challenge trail).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom