Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

GiveMeTheMusic

What a joke. So only 1 E ticket is Greenlit? Or is the Spider-Man ride not an E?

Welcome to “we can’t call it Marvel” Land. Enjoy our new meet n greet and the net loss of attractions.

@TP2000 posted good info about the E ticket situation. WDI presented one, TDA rejected it for capacity reasons. WDI as far as I know is still working on a replacement concept.

mickEblu

@TP2000 posted good info about the E ticket situation. WDI presented one, TDA rejected it for capacity reasons. WDI as far as I know is still working on a replacement concept.

Right, I remember that post and it was juicy. But that was in regards to the Avengers coaster. My question was if they have any plans for a second major attraction in the land. i.e Spider-Man.

Sharon&Susan

I want to know the setting for Marvel Land. Is it New York? Southern California? Another planet? California Advenure? I don’t know, all we know about Marvel Land are the characters being used for the main attractions (assuming the posters are still accurate).

mickEblu

I want to know the setting for Marvel Land. Is it New York? Southern California? Another planet? California Advenure? I don’t know, all we know about Marvel Land are the characters being used for the main attractions (assuming the posters are still accurate).

A college campus / brewery. Sounds almost as weird as a museum/ oil refinery/ power plant/ warehouse.

UpAllNight

Does DCA have any space for expansion at all once this land opens? I wonder what comes next after this and Star Wars as the resort doesn’t look like it’ll have an acer to spare.

ThemeParkTraveller

Does DCA have any space for expansion at all once this land opens? I wonder what comes next after this and Star Wars as the resort doesn’t look like it’ll have an acer to spare.

I'd guess Hollywood Land is probably on the chopping block for DCA, especially if the Eastern Gateway plans gain traction again. With it losing Tower of Terror to the new Marvel Land, the land doesn't have much reason for existing in its current state.

mickEblu

To be the devil's advocate, New Orleans Square also opened with no attractions. Not that I'm saying this will be anywhere near that level of quality.

My comment had more to do with the fact they’re opening the land with a net loss of attractions. Granted, they were terrible attractions aside from ITTBAB. I’d have to imagine that a solid Marvel meet and greet and a quality restaurant would add more capacity than those rides (excluding ITTBAB) but I’m expecting a standard meet n greet (something more basic and not on the level of say the Meet n Greet at Mickeys House) and a quick service restaurant. It’s highly doubtful that this meet n greet, restaurant and store will add more capacity then ITTBAB and all of Fliks Fun fair.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I'd guess Hollywood Land is probably on the chopping block for DCA, especially if the Eastern Gateway plans gain traction again. With it losing Tower of Terror to the new Marvel Land, the land doesn't have much reason for existing in its current state.

I Also think it’s on the chopping block. Just hoping Hollywoodland/ Backlot and bus transportation area are used for a new land and not more Marvel. All of Bugs Land, Hollywoodland, the TOT area, Hyperion, expansion pad behind TOT and the current bus transportation area would be a huge amount of space and overkill. Although without Hollywoodland being used in some capacity it’s doubtful Marvel Land would get another attraction in addition to the Avengers Coaster. I could also see a situation where Hollywoodland sticks around for the foreseeable future and they use the animation building for a Marvel attraction.

DisneyLostBoy03

It is supposedly taken place on a fictional campus in California for showcasing new technology.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
M:B is easily the weakest / worst of all the towers (DCA ToT, DHS ToT, Hotel Hightower) to a "freak" like me who doesn't enjoy Marvel. If that is an attest to what Marvel Land is going to be, than DCA is in deep doody.

Can't blame them though right? Screens are cheaper than practical effects and they have virtually no room for this Marvel Land to have anything special.

mickEblu

M:B is easily the weakest / worst of all the towers (DCA ToT, DHS ToT, Hotel Hightower) to a "freak" like me who doesn't enjoy Marvel. If that is an attest to what Marvel Land is going to be, than DCA is in deep doody.

Can't blame them though right? Screens are cheaper than practical effects and they have virtually no room for this Marvel Land to have anything special.

Agreed. Except for the part about them not having room. I think between Bugs land and the expansion pad behind MB that’s enough room to do at least one solid attraction. The layout is less than ideal though. It’ll probably end up swallowing some (more) of Hollywoodland too.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Agreed. Except for the part about them not having room. I think between Bugs land and the expansion pad behind MB that’s enough room to do at least one solid attraction. The layout is less than ideal though. It’ll probably end up swallowing some (more) of Hollywoodland too.

No you're right, I guess the land size is comparable to what they have for SWL. I just don't see them adding anything spectacular, especially given M:BO's position right in the middle.

Maybe I feel like DCA is a pile of garbage because I keep comparing it to Disneyland? :facepalm:

mickEblu

No you're right, I guess the land size is comparable to what they have for SWL. I just don't see them adding anything spectacular, especially given M:BO's position right in the middle.

Maybe I feel like DCA is a pile of garbage because I keep comparing it to Disneyland? :facepalm:

Ya comparing to DL is a bad idea. Lol.

I dunno, I think the Avengers coaster should be good. I mean hey, it’ll be purpose built so that’s a great start. It’ll be an indoor coaster so lots of possibilities there. I also like the fact they took it back to the drawing board to fix capacity issues. Of course, I have no interest in the IP but that’s besides the point. It’ll be interesting to see how they address the capacity issue for a hybrid coaster with show scenes. Will it become more coaster, less show scenes? A new ride system? A dark ride with moderate thrills?

Whatever they do, no simulator / screens as the main story telling device please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom