Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Sailor310

I can’t count how many of those nightmares I had during undergrad. Or nightmares about failing exams and getting bad grades. Yikes.
My folks lived an hour away from my college. One day, about two weeks after the end of finals, I woke up in a panic, absolutely sure that I was late for a final. I had to sit there and reason that if I was in my room at my folk's house, it must be summer, and I can't be missing a final. It took a while for my heart rate to slow down.

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I'd have nightmares about waking up thinking I'd missed a final.
I can’t count how many of those nightmares I had during undergrad. Or nightmares about failing exams and getting bad grades. Yikes.
Isn't it wild how our stress dreams tend to focus on education? My unconscious overnight anxiety is hearing that I was signed up for a class I never knew about and the end of the semester is two weeks away!

Californian Elitist

Isn't it wild how our stress dreams tend to focus on education? My unconscious overnight anxiety is hearing that I was signed up for a class I never knew about and the end of the semester is two weeks away!
I honestly think it speaks to how stressful school is, particularly college, where you’re on your own for everything and if anything goes wrong, it’s likely your fault. You have to be on top of things!

I remember fainting after one of my American history exams because of stress and anxiety. To be fair, I wasn’t as prepared as I should have been. I learned my lesson.

Phroobar

School related PTSD. But then again, I've had stress nightmares about getting out of Disneyland and getting run over by ECVs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's been decades since my recurring nightmare that I signed up for a college class, but, somehow messed up the schedule and there was one class I paid for and never showed up for...

Worst thing about that one is that it's not so unbelievable that the waking self can easily dismiss it as a dream.

Ah, it's what eight years of college will do to you.

Californian Elitist

That is true. For a snack item though I want it as soon as possible. An hour should be a quote for a meal from backed-up sit down restaurant, not a simple pretzel. Granted apples to oranges but still.
Exactly. If I’m hungry and want a snack now, I don’t want to wait an hour for it. I’m hungry now, not later.

corran horn

That is true. For a snack item though I want it as soon as possible. An hour should be a quote for a meal from backed-up sit down restaurant, not a simple pretzel. Granted apples to oranges but still.
I agree it was particularly annoying last DL trip where I went for a Dole Whip at the seemingly dead kiosk by Tiki Room only to be told it was mobile-only and would be a while at that.

UNCgolf

I agree it was particularly annoying last DL trip where I went for a Dole Whip at the seemingly dead kiosk by Tiki Room only to be told it was mobile-only and would be a while at that.

Seems like that would actually cost them sales/money to a significant degree. I can't imagine a ton of people are ordering a snack that they can't get for 30+ minutes; those are generally impulse purchases where you're nearby and decide to grab something.

CaptinEO

Exactly. If I’m hungry and want a snack now, I don’t want to wait an hour for it. I’m hungry now, not later.
BuT KiDz LoVe PhOnEZ! - Some clueless 55 year old Disney Executive

When I went to DtD and California Adventure during the park closure my wife and I were waiting in line at Award Weiners along with about 6 other parties.

Some middle aged manager guy dressed all fancy came out one by one to ask each person in line "have you heard of mobile order, you can order now and not wait in this line".

And one by one he got turned down by everyone.

It was really silly, it wasn't even a big line. All these "features" do is inconvenience guests from enjoying their vacation the way they want.

I cant even imagine how bad the Disneyland emporium is now after reading they removed most registers for "mobile checkout".

Californian Elitist

BuT KiDz LoVe PhOnEZ! - Some clueless 55 year old Disney Executive

When I went to DtD and California Adventure during the park closure my wife and I were waiting in line at Award Weiners along with about 6 other parties.

Some middle aged manager guy dressed all fancy came out one by one to ask each person in line "have you heard of mobile order, you can order now and not wait in this line".

And one by one he got turned down by everyone.

It was really silly, it wasn't even a big line. All these "features" do is inconvenience guests from enjoying their vacation the way they want.

I cant even imagine how bad the Disneyland emporium is now after reading they removed most registers for "mobile checkout".
Yep, I noticed a bunch of “mobile checkout signs” in some of the Main Street shops. The mobile ordering for food really annoyed me, though. It’s ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom