Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

DanielBB8

Nearly 20 years old.
In citing Space Mountain built in the 70s, Mission Space build in 2003 was skipped over. So point was not proven. Actually, it’s overlooking the fact that NASA builds space vehicles in hangar warehouses since they are quite large and they are keeping in the theme.

DDB78897-87B6-4E38-9F9B-5409F8215A5C.jpeg

DrAlice

In citing Space Mountain built in the 70s, Mission Space build in 2003 was skipped over. So point was not proven. Actually, it’s overlooking the fact that NASA builds space vehicles in hangar warehouses since they are quite large and they are keeping in the theme.

View attachment 582200
I think the point was..... The look of NASA's VAB is not as whimsical/inspiring as the look of the current Space Mountain facade. And while only a box is required to house a roller coaster, Disney is capable of doing infinitely better than to slap the NASA "meatball" logo and a flag on it and call it "themed".

DanielBB8

I think the point was..... The look of NASA's VAB is not as whimsical/inspiring as the look of the current Space Mountain facade. And while only a box is required to house a roller coaster, Disney is capable of doing infinitely better than to slap the NASA "meatball" logo and a flag on it and call it "themed".
They quite are capable so if you don’t like a box, I’m sure it will be pointed out when that happens and not imagined that it will.

BTW: The lastest space attraction to open was Galaxy’s Edge in 2019. It’s no box.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

TRON and Guardians of the Galaxy?

I suppose Ratatouille and Soarin' too, although those aren't nearly as visible.
The attractions are housed in warehouses, but they all have facades. Tron has the canopy. Guardians has the Universe of Energy building. These buildings are outside the parks. They can’t be fully hidden.

UNCgolf

The attractions are housed in warehouses, but they all have facades. Tron has the canopy. Guardians has the Universe of Energy building. These buildings are outside the parks. They can’t be fully hidden.

Oh really? Then why did Disney always fully hide them in the past? Also, the canopy is not a facade and neither is the Universe of Energy building.

You're fighting a losing battle here. Disney could fully hide them, they've just decided it's not worth the cost to maintain theming.

DanielBB8

Oh really? Then why did Disney always fully hide them in the past? Also, the canopy is not a facade and neither is the Universe of Energy building.

You're fighting a losing battle here. Disney could fully hide them, they've just decided it's not worth the cost to maintain theming.
It’s the exact same Tron building in Shanghai Disneyland. It never had a problem with its design. The building is utilitarian as what you expect in Tomorrowland. Epcot is equally an utilitarian design that was clearly designed as corporate business park. The Universe of Energy building had a purpose with its sloping roof in the placement of solar panels. This theme carries on for Guardians. The box is behind it and out of view behind the quite ample sized UoE building. It will be painted like Indy Jones building at Disneyland that hardly anyone complains about today.

DanielBB8

Indiana Jones showbuilding isn't visible in the park though and even if it wasn't it wouldn't be a tall structure that could be seen pretty much anywhere in the park.
Epcot buildings are actually a feature in the park. You expect to see buildings that serve an utilitarian purpose. Each are themed to serve that exact purpose. Guardians will continue to use the Universe of Energy building. The very tall building is behind it. If you see it, you’re more likely to want to visit it since they are attractions. They will be semi camouflaged in paint, but Epcot doesn’t have a traditional berm to keep out the real world. Why would it need to? Epcot is in WDW that is already in its own world.
That building is off at an angle behind the former Wonders of Life building.
94FCA2E8-8967-4C73-8568-CFA39BB53932.jpeg

Sailor310

View attachment 582200
I had an office there for a couple of months around STS 9 (1983).

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Epcot buildings are actually a feature in the park. You expect to see buildings that serve an utilitarian purpose. Each are themed to serve that exact purpose. Guardians will continue to use the Universe of Energy building. The very tall building is behind it. If you see it, you’re more likely to want to visit it since they are attractions. They will be semi camouflaged in paint, but Epcot doesn’t have a traditional berm to keep out the real world. Why would it need to? Epcot is in WDW that is already in its own world.
That building is off at an angle behind the former Wonders of Life building.
View attachment 582321
If this is so expected to see in Epcot why doesn't every pavilion have a giant show building peeking up behind it? If Epcot is so utilitarian why did all the original Epcot pavillions (up to Wonders of Life) purposely make the show building either part of the pavilion's design or hide it instead of having big obvious ugly warehouses behind them.

I thought you were on the war path with Disney because they're becoming too woke. Why are you becoming an apologist for them for their new obvious ugly showbuildings trend?

DanielBB8

If this is so expected to see in Epcot why doesn't every pavilion have a giant show building peeking up behind it? If Epcot is so utilitarian why did all the original Epcot pavillions (up to Wonders of Life) purposely make the show building either part of the pavilion's design or hide it instead of having big obvious ugly warehouses behind them.

I thought you were on the war path with Disney because they're becoming too woke. Why are you becoming an apologist for them for their new obvious ugly showbuildings trend?
Since the original pavilions no longer serve their purpose and can no longer house a gigantic attraction, you would think that’s a good exception.

I’m arguing with you about Woke as much about buildings. See the consistency?

Sharon&Susan

Since the original pavilions no longer serve their purpose and can no longer house a gigantic attraction, you would think that’s a good exception.

I’m arguing with you about Woke as much about buildings. See the consistency?
They couldn't figure out how to design a beautiful facade for a coaster... like Space Mountain?

And yes you're right, you are very inconsistant. Always bouncing between wanting Disney to burn to the ground because they're too PC or becoming one of their biggest defenders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom