Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disney Analyst

I'm a big fan of Alicia's Universal content. So no disrespect to her. But that's scenario is so far off from the reality, it's ridiculous.

"If you imagine a ride that opened 15+ years ago, an unannounced ride opening in at least 4 years, and that Spiderman shooter all open tomorrow..." I mean, if you take any three attractions that opened in a given 20 year period and act like they opened the same day it'll sound impressive.

If Incredicoaster, Midway Mania, Little Mermaid, and Goofy's Sky School all opened on the same day it would've been the best land since Potter, by that logic! The pier has more atmosphere than Avenger's Campus, and you've got twice as much to do!

I think her point is... it's really not in the bad shape many are making it out to be... It has the atmosphere, characters, and food program down. It has one already great and popular attraction, and a new family friendly attraction... and will hopefully eventually get another E-Ticket.

Even with the two attractions, it already has a more solid ride lineup then many new lands built by both Disney and Universal...

But the hysteria was expected.

J4546

haha this board is so pessimistic i love it. people are already acting like covid never happened and expect everything to be built all at once everywhere. disney lost billions of dollars and laid off tens of thousands of employees because of a pandemic that killed millions around the world...some of their theme park plans have been postponed or cancelled yes, but they are currently building so much epic all around the world right now its insane. but noone is happy haha. I bet phase 2 avengers campus ride is announced in the next 1-2 years.

lazyboy97o

haha this board is so pessimistic i love it. people are already acting like covid never happened and expect everything to be built all at once everywhere. disney lost billions of dollars and laid off tens of thousands of employees because of a pandemic that killed millions around the world...some of their theme park plans have been postponed or cancelled yes, but they are currently building so much epic **** all around the world right now its insane. but noone is happy haha. I bet phase 2 avengers campus ride is announced in the next 1-2 years.
The Avengers ride was announced before the pandemic. It being delayed off had nothing to do with the pandemic.

George Lucas on a Bench

haha this board is so pessimistic i love it. people are already acting like covid never happened and expect everything to be built all at once everywhere. disney lost billions of dollars and laid off tens of thousands of employees because of a pandemic that killed millions around the world...some of their theme park plans have been postponed or cancelled yes, but they are currently building so much epic **** all around the world right now its insane. but noone is happy haha. I bet phase 2 avengers campus ride is announced in the next 1-2 years.

Man, I'm drunk and I still know that's not why this reads so ludicrously. This is the funniest laugh I've had on this board today since someone else tried to claim Tom Holland, who I'd never heard of, was more popular than the cast of the Fast & Furious franchise. This is great! Please continue.

CaptinEO

Something I noticed was so many of twitter's dedicated defenders of everything Imagineering puts out have the phrase "Aspiring Imagineer" in their bio. I wonder if any of them are hoping it'll get them noticed by those poor, tormented, and unappreciated Disney Imagineers.
Yikes. Either they are completely up Disney's or they are bot accounts.

Sue_Vongello

I think her point is... it's really not in the bad shape many are making it out to be... It has the atmosphere, characters, and food program down. It has one already great and popular attraction, and a new family friendly attraction... and will hopefully eventually get another E-Ticket.

Even with the two attractions, it already has a more solid ride lineup then many new lands built by both Disney and Universal...

That’s kinda true actually ... the two attractions at Avengers Campus factored together are better than the two in Pandora at WDW. I don’t know if I should think of that as optimistic or depressing ...

Man, I'm drunk and I still know that's not why this reads so ludicrously. This is the funniest laugh I've had on this board today since someone else tried to claim Tom Holland, who I'd never heard of, was more popular than the cast of the Fast & Furious franchise. This is great! Please continue.
Yeah there's the whole Avengers Campus plot line, but I'm more interested in the B plot of you getting drunk every night and laughing at the actual Avengers Campus plot line and excuses for budget cuts. It's much better and more engaging.

PostScott

The Avengers ride was announced before the pandemic. It being delayed off had nothing to do with the pandemic.
I mean... wasn't it secretly announced that it was delayed during the pandemic?

Well for one, the biggest Disney haters are usually big Disney fans so 🤷‍♂️ We literally come on this site every day so that says something.

I think most people are upset that there is no big E-ticket is for a couple reasons. One, GE opened without its big flagship attraction. Yes, it's understandable because the track was constructed erroneously so they could not finish it in time for the opening date. Second, one of the rides has been out since 2017. Avengers Campus is going to be opened almost 4 years exactly when GOTG opened. The pandemic has halted a lot of Disney's plans but we've waited a while for AC to open and all we get is a knock-off toy story, a quick service place, a small show, and shops. If you think about it, GE and AC have the same type of opening. One of the biggest properties in history opening a land with a smaller attraction, a restaurant, and a bunch of shops. At least GE was interesting to walk around, AC just looks like a super contemporary mall.

I will agree with Alicia and say that if the land opened with GOTG, Wed slingers, and the Wakanda ride, it would be a much better opening than GE and the biggest opening for the DLR since DCA opened. It's a shame we never got that and the pandemic halted so much, but at the same time, they could've built the Wakanda ride alongside the construction of AC. As to why WED didn't do that is beyond me.

Additionally, I'd say that Web Slingers and Mario Kart have the same kind of reactions. Both attractions did not meet the expectations of the majority on this site. I was hyped for Mario kart because they did not release any information about it whatsoever. It created a mysterious curiosity behind what was the experience was going to be like. What is going to be a racing dueling coaster? A thrilling dark ride? One would think that because Mario Kart is a fast-paced game. I was let down when I watched the video because it's a children's dark ride that does not exceed 5mph. Since the beginning, WED said that Spiderman was going to be a tamer experience similar to TSMM. I'm surprised that people did not get their expectations met when they watched the web slingers video. Either y'all didn't read any info about the ride (for being Disney fans) or what. I'm putting more emphasis on the character department. If the character interactions are great, then the land has done its job for me.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Last slide has a different look at one of the fight scenes.

ETA: just confirmed via his story; there is definitely a full score / soundtrack to the spider-man attraction missing from the press videos.

He couldn’t film the ride, but you can hear it at the end of the ride.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Can they reel it back a little with the whole “live your heroic story” thing? Relax. We re buying shawarma and collecting cute robots in a warehouse. What am I missing? Such a disconnect with the attractions, restaurants etc they built in this land and the message they are trying to get across.
Reminds me of the stupid "Live your Star Wars Adventure" for Galaxy's Edge. Well Disney, my Star Wars Adventures must include Luke and Vader or it is an automatic fail.

Californian Elitist

This was announced and designed before the pandemic. COVID-19 is no excuse for the lack of inspiration here.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Mission Breakout is not Great.

Sharon&Susan

If COVID never happened all the same complaints would apply since there's no way they would've finished building an Avenger's E Ticket in a few months. The complaints are because Disney seemingly always planned it as part of a Phase 2 when there should've been only one phase for AC.

George Lucas on a Bench

Avengers Crapus.

Someone mentioned the Super Mariokart ride and the negative reaction to that one. I will say I was genuinely baffled by that ride since I didn't know exactly what to expect, although I at least expected a racing ride, not a ride slower than an elderly woman pushing a shopping kart across the parking lot at Kroger.

This, however, is exactly as I expected it to be when we were told it would be a Spider Bot websling version of Toy Story Mania.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom