Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MoonRakerSCM

So... do we have any reviews yet? Any hidden comments deep in the darks of social media?

Any word on that shawarma? It's not shawarma by any means, but I'm sure it'll be tasty with whatever salty sauce Disney uses on it... mmm. Gotta get me one in one of those $73.99 gauntlets! (do the gems light up?)

1622506111194.png

fctiger

What I'm actually surprised about this land and still shocked is that they didn't make a much bigger gift shop. Seeing how much merchandise they are selling at Stage 17 from what I see on Youtube that area is massive. The entire store is filled with just AC merchandise.

I know they have Web Suppliers that just seems VERY small and it seems to only sell mostly SM stuff. I know they have the Collector's Warehouse at GOTG but yeah still on the smaller side and doesn't really represent the campus as whole. I thought given how huge Marvel merchandise is these days I expected them to big in the land like what they did for GE. Dok-Ondar's is basically the Emporium of that land and it's really cool. It feels like an attraction on to itself.

And AC HAS the room for a big store. They could've made one right next to Avengers HQ. They have several acres of land left for AC. We know a lot of that is suppose to be for the new E-ticket but they could've easily made space right next to HQ and the quinnjet sits into a really nice well theme gift shop. Go big with it and do what they did with Dok-Ondar's just MCU style. A high tech type store and add large screens inside, even holograms like what they did at ROTR. IDK, I just like the idea of a really big store and something well themed.

It's just odd. People complained half of GE feels like a big shopping mall but then with AC they put something in the size of a convenience store and it suppose to represent the entire land.

fctiger

You'd think they could make it like an Avengers surplus store... line the wall with those iron man armors they have somewhere (had them for a while in Innoventions).

Exactly! In fact I forgot all about those Iron Man suits that was displayed in Innoventions but that's a great example of they could've added. I guess what I'm saying is Disney has been more and more creative with their stores and they are becoming experiences in themselves. This would've been a really easy thing to do and build a massive store in the land but make it more than a gift shop and do with what they did with Dok Ondars. Give it real life, put in one of Iron Man's Iron legion droids as an AA. Make it into a mini-museum/exhibit like how they did the Captain American exhibit in The Winter Soldier but the Avengers as a whole. Give a historical perspective of what they done.

Maybe stuff like that will be included in the E ticket ride (assuming it still happens) but it would've been a cool idea to give the land something like this and sell tons of really cool stuff like GE has. Maybe I will be surprised what WEB Supplies has but it just sounds like a typical smallish souvenir shop.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
'There are two ways to gain access into Avengers Campus: you can either use the standby queue, or the virtual queue* option for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Here’s how each option works:

Standby queue: When Avengers Campus reaches capacity, a standby queue to enter Avengers Campus will be available to the right of its main entrance by the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB) for those looking to take in the sights and sounds of Avengers Campus.

Virtual queue for WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure: In order to experience WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, guests are required to join the virtual queue, which is accessible via the Disneyland mobile app.** There is no standby line for this attraction. Similar to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, virtual queue enrollment times will be twice daily, at 7 a.m. (which you can do from the comfort of your home or hotel room) and 12 p.m. To learn the details of how the system will work, visit this page for more information. Once a guest’s boarding group is called, they should head to the left of the land’s main entrance along the parade corridor. You may enjoy Avengers Campus after your boarding group has been called and you have entered the land."

"I highly recommend that you plan ahead, use the mobile order service and pay with the Disneyland app for a contactless ordering experience at locations, including Pym Test Kitchen featuring IMPOSSIBLETM, Pym Tasting Lab and Shawarma Palace. Currently, guests may only pick up a food and beverage mobile order if they are already inside Avengers Campus. It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land or the park."

DrAlice

"It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land "

Ok, this is just.... I have no words. Well, I do, but this is a family board.

So if your phone allows you to pick a mobile order pickup time, make an order, and PAY FOR IT, you could be DENIED ACCESS to pick it up!!!! What?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?

This may be the worst policy I have ever seen Disney implement. The poor cast members....

mickEblu

"It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land "

Ok, this is just.... I have no words. Well, I do, but this is a family board.

So if your phone allows you to pick a mobile order pickup time, make an order, and PAY FOR IT, you could be DENIED ACCESS to pick it up!!!! What?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?

This may be the worst policy I have ever seen Disney implement. The poor cast members....

“You might not get into the land or have no idea how long it will take to get into the land using the standby line but don’t forget to put your mobile order in and choose a pick up time nice and early.”

It’s becoming clear that a reservation system is absolutely necessary for Disney parks moving forward. A reservation system with only a reasonable amount of reservations offered per day. This is getting out of hand.

DrAlice

“You might not get into the land or have no idea how long it will take to get into the land using the standby line but don’t forget to put your mobile order in and choose a pick up time nice and early.”

It’s becoming clear that a reservation system is absolutely necessary for Disney parks moving forward. A reservation system with only a reasonable amount of reservations offered per day. This is getting out of hand.
All I can picture is a large group yelling at the cast member at the edge of the land, "but we just bought a $100 sandwich!!!". And what happens to the food prep? Will they make said $100 sandwich and it just goes to waste?

This is just asinine.

Clearly Disney can't manage its own reservation system if it has to set up policies like this. I'm hoping that this becomes much ado about nothing and that the land isn't going to reach capacity. I mean, currently there isn't anything to do in there except eat and ride WEBslingers. If people are crowding because of characters, then DISNEY needs to move the characters elsewhere. Don't put this on your customer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom