Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MoonRakerSCM

Going on the 12th, it is going to be interesting with all the rules and digital queues etc...

Any word on any celebs showing up for the event tonight?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Exactly! In fact I forgot all about those Iron Man suits that was displayed in Innoventions but that's a great example of they could've added. I guess what I'm saying is Disney has been more and more creative with their stores and they are becoming experiences in themselves.
Now that there's a Star Wars shop in DTD, I want a Marvel shop (hello, ESPN Zone that could be a Stark Expo building...) - Disney Springs has both - we need a Marvel shop here, too!

MarvelCharacterNerd

"It’s important to know that simply placing a mobile order at a food and beverage location in Avengers Campus does not grant you access to the land "

Ok, this is just.... I have no words. Well, I do, but this is a family board.

So if your phone allows you to pick a mobile order pickup time, make an order, and PAY FOR IT, you could be DENIED ACCESS to pick it up!!!! What?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?

This may be the worst policy I have ever seen Disney implement. The poor cast members....
This was the policy while BVS was open as part of DTD. At first when they thought BVS would be constantly overcrowded, people tried to mobile order food inside DCA to use as a way to force their way in even when the area was at capacity. But a mobile food order didn't guarantee you entrance and they explained that in advance. If you're not inside already, don't order. This isn't new to AC and it's about capacity. (And capacity for the restaurant too. If the land allows - pulling out a random number - 1500 people at a time and the restaurant can service 500 every 15 minutes and there are 15000 people at the park all trying to place orders at once then yeah... simply not doable.)

MarvelCharacterNerd

With a broken elevator?
But actually... :D

1622603907635.png

fctiger

This was the policy while BVS was open as part of DTD. At first when they thought BVS would be constantly overcrowded, people tried to mobile order food inside DCA to use as a way to force their way in even when the area was at capacity. But a mobile food order didn't guarantee you entrance and they explained that in advance. If you're not inside already, don't order. This isn't new to AC and it's about capacity. (And capacity for the restaurant too. If the land allows - pulling out a random number - 1500 people at a time and the restaurant can service 500 every 15 minutes and there are 15000 people at the park all trying to place orders at once then yeah... simply not doable.)

Yeah they will probably just refund your money too. I don't think this is a huge deal and frankly it's just probably for the first couple of days or maybe weeks. But we have been on this merry-go-round before with both CL and GE and all the fears the place will be so packed people will be turned away for weeks and even months on end and none of that ever happened.

Granted, difference being CL and GE are literally the biggest lands in each park and AC is pretty tiny but like everything, people will go in, do the ride if they get a BG, get a bite to eat, take a few pics and move on. Most won't stay any longer than an hour tops as there is so little to do with just a ride, restaurant and a shop. It may take a little longer to get inside but everyone will have no problem seeing it even when it opens. A month from now I'm guessing it won't be an issue at all. But probably trying to ride WEB or ordering food will most likely still be a pain.

ToTBellHop

Is it really worse than a service elevator from the boiling room in an alien space fortress dropped down in DCA? :bored:
That’s explained. Tony Stark installing that type of elevator is not believable. I do wish MB wasn’t so ugly. It was a weird aesthetic.

They should just build the Avengers e-ticket.

IMDREW

That’s explained. Tony Stark installing that type of elevator is not believable. I do wish MB wasn’t so ugly. It was a weird aesthetic.

They should just build the Avengers e-ticket.
Explained doesnt equal believable right? Dont get me wrong. I love mission breakout and wish for the avengers eticket. But agreed to disagree about MB being a better fit or more believable than an avengers tower would be. 😂

ToTBellHop

Explained doesnt equal believable right? Dont get me wrong. I love mission breakout and wish for the avengers eticket. But agreed to disagree about MB being a better fit or more believable than an avengers tower would be. 😂
Guardians has all sorts of crazy, campy goings-on. Avengers films tend to lean a bit more into realism. Until they also go into space lol

Space is cray. Numerous examples of crazy crap falling from the sky. So a tower falling from space into California works. Thanos’ space donut landed in World Showcase Lagoon!

IMDREW

Guardians has all sorts of crazy, campy goings-on. Avengers films tend to lean a bit more into realism. Until they also go into space lol

Space is cray. Numerous examples of crazy crap falling from the sky. So a tower falling from space into California works. Thanos’ space donut landed in World Showcase Lagoon!
It was fun till that last sentence :/

_caleb

I’m still waiting to see Avengers characters in Avengers Campus. The costumes and characterizations I’ve seen so far have been hit or miss.

ToTBellHop

You’re boarding the new Wonkavator Starkivator that can upways and frontways when it is hacked by Ultron.
And we believably defeat Ultron? The Avengers could barely do that. Disney prefers to have guests do something on modern rides. That’s why they went with spider bots.

I really don’t think there’s any issue with the plot of MB. It’s the outward aesthetic. I would have preferred that they just have the Collector take over a building in Hollywood. Make it look nice out the outside and crazy on the inside.

lazyboy97o

And we believably defeat Ultron? The Avengers could barely do that. Disney prefers to have guests do something on modern rides. That’s why they went with spider bots.

I really don’t think there’s any issue with the plot of MB. It’s the outward aesthetic. I would have preferred that they just have the Collector take over a building in Hollywood. Make it look nice out the outside and crazy on the inside.
If visiting theme parks has taught me anything it is that when something goes terribly wrong new recruits/visitors can defeat even the toughest of baddies.

IMDREW

Gotta say tho, a bonkers trip through the multiverse with Doctor Strange also sounded nice.

Or this could have been the Spider-Man ride. An evil villain cuts our elevator ropes and spidey tries to save us falling to our death. Said villain keeps interfering and we fall again until spidey catches us, multiple times.

Im done btw, I know this is not the armchair imagineering thread 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom