Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes Chris Pratt and Tom Holland are there just by accident, they mustve walked into the set the day of filming for those ride videos.
If parallel universes is a brand new idea to you, you should stay away from any themed entertainment that is sci-fi or comic book hero based. And certainly skip any future MCU movies, such as Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. In fact, hopefully, you haven't seen the second highest grossing film of all time in which Steve Rogers fights himself.

Markiewong

To get this thread back on topic again...

Have people already ridden Web slingers? Is there any conformation that the glass plane in front of the vehicle is being used for AR?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Stop trolling. You're wrong about the facts. And soon you'll be forced to use your usual schtick of insisting this isn't what theme parks should be doing and posting that over and over again in multiple threads. We see your game.

This week, Disney opens their first Marvel Studios theme park ride in the United States, called Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: Breakout! Though it features many, many elements from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, don’t let that fool you: the ride is in a world all its own... and it’s only the beginning.
It is distinctly meant to be its own universe,said Joe Rohde, a creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering, who helped create the ride.

From here

Also...

ToTBellHop

Another shade thrown...Also, ain't the Super Nintendo World Power-Up Bands from Universal Japan also an add-on /up charge.

I know they’re being snarky but it’s a bit much from the company that makes it hard to get free water in 95 degrees and that made its lockers smaller so that you’d have to pay money to rent a locker if you want to go on an intense ride like Men in Black. Or there’s the option to pay $200 to skip lines unless you want to wait 2 hours for Minion Mayhem. C’mon. Universal is awful about hidden costs to enjoy your day.

CaptinEO

If parallel universes is a brand new idea to you, you should stay away from any themed entertainment that is sci-fi or comic book hero based. And certainly skip any future MCU movies, such as Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. In fact, hopefully, you haven't seen the second highest grossing film of all time in which Steve Rogers fights himself.
Ok thanks.

CaptinEO

When I go on movie based rides I like to pretend I'm in those movies, not an unimportant alternate version of them that doesn't matter.

That's half the fun, being a part of your favorite movies.

CaptinEO

OK, you like book report rides. Got it.
No. I mean I want to be in the world of that movie. If I'm watching T23D I want to pretend what's happening is part of the story.

I don't have to explain to myself that I'm in an alternate universe of terminator 2 that doesn't actually matter.

Whats the point of pretending your ride exists in an unimportant alternate iteration of the movies?

IMO it's silly to say Avengers Campus doesnt take place in the MCU, just like it's silly to say Pinocchio The Ride takes place in an alternate universe of Pinocchio.

CaptinEO

Same for Star Tours, I don't go in there thinking "this is an alternate universe that isn't cannon with the real Star Wars". I'm there to have fun.

CaptinEO

That won’t really impact your ability to enjoy the land. Even book report rides show dead characters.

Spoiler alert: Ursula dies!!
Rides with a movie basis offer an alternate medium for a story that focusses on physicality/movement instead of just sound and audio.

The better movie based rides are ones that take fun elements of the movies and emphasize them, such as Indy.

Again, which for me it's uninteresting if someone goes into Indy thinking it isn't part of the "Indiana Jones Universe". Why emotionally detach yourself from the story?

Why are theme parks having to explain where the rides exist in these stories? Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Alice In Wonderland, Spiderman Gunnerz, they all are clearly taking place in the films they are derived from.

Disney is taking things too seriously if they have to clarify where their rides exist in relationship to these stories. It's like theyre so ashamed of their themepark rides they feel the need to tell everyone they don't matter.

waltography

Does it really matter that Avenger's Campus takes place in an alternate universe, when the MCU is considered just one of many alternate universes present in the entire Marvel Universe?
Exactly; it doesn't! The MTPU is a way to free designers from being time locked by the events of the MCU, which is the exact problem Imagineers cornered themselves in when developing SWGE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom