Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

shortstop

Uhh... that didn't happen with Pandora or TSL (on flat, one coaster) nor will it with SWL (two E rides)

And even though single-IP lands are indeed a trend, it's not the only thing Disney's doing: MMRR, GotG, TRON, and possibly a Poppins rides are rides without being in a new single-IP land.
I understand other projects are going on that aren’t tied to IP lands, but even with TSL and Pandora (neither of which I’ve visited yet, for the record) there are complaints that the rides fall short of what an entire land should have. Pandora has only two rides, with NRJ being viewed as too short of an experience to be worthwhile. TSL is using A.S.S. as a headliner, which is a total joke in my opinion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
TSL is using A.S.S. as a headliner, which is a total joke in my opinion.

I've never seen Saucers being put in the headliner spot for ads for TSL.

Pandora has only two rides, with NRJ being viewed as too short of an experience to be worthwhile.

Now you're changing the goal posts from two lame rides to one.

You seem to want to make the argument that single-IP lands always come out bad, and that's just not the case.

That some single-IP lands are a mixed bag is meaningless claim unless you can show that all the rides that aren't in a single-IP land always come out great, and we know that's not the case.

shortstop

I've never seen Saucers being put in the headliner spot for ads for TSL.
That’s fair.
Now you're changing the goal posts from two lame rides to one.

You seem to want to make the argument that single-IP lands always come out bad, and that's just not the case.

That some single-IP lands are a mixed bag is meaningless claim unless you can show that all the rides that aren't in a single-IP land always come out great, and we know that's not the case.
I’m actually not against IP lands as a rule. I love Cars Land, and I’m excited to see Pandora and eventually SWL someday. My point is that with all of the resources put into these IP lands and all of the hype they receive, they so far haven’t had the quality attractions to back it up. Hopefully this will change within SWL.

TROR

DnEREikVAAU0b4L.jpg:large

Old Mouseketeer

Yep - is there anything from opening day DCA that's still there, untouched? I guess Redwood Trail and Jumping Jellyfish. Nothing else really didn't get a revision of some kind or another.
Golden Zephyr? It depends on where you set the bar. Zephyr probably has a different paint scheme, Goofy has a new theme/overlay, GRR has a change in theme (by era), Hyperion has a different show, but it's the same building. Sun wheel has different theme and paint. So yeah, that's pretty much it.

TwilightZone

The most unchanged area is paradise park. All the rides are the same, just with new paint and theming.
I consider GRR to be pretty unchanged too.

Phroobar

Redwood Creek Challenge added that Brother Bear stuff.
GRR lost the extreme sports junk laying around for a vintage look instead.

TROR

Too bad Mission: Juke Box won’t be leveled as well. That entire area needs to be re-configured. The sad hulk of Tower of Terror will continue to tower over everything they build.
Thing is, it's in a great location from this angle. It's very much like Tower of Terror at the end of Sunset Blvd in DHS. Logically it should make a great weenie for Marvel land. Only problem is that, unlike Tower of Terror in Florida, Mission Breakout is repulsive because of how ugly it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom